Bar Girl Allegedly ‘added Injury To Insult’

george

But they all become bar girls looking for a meal-ticket, and that's most likeley what you will remain for the duration of your relationship with a bar-girl.

This can be said for many like my mate that was plaining to marry a Thai english teacher. He was plaining to move in with her when she asked for a large amount of money to buy land for her son and 20,000bht a month if he wanted to stay with her. Last I herd of him he did a runner and is now happy traveling around with his young sex girl friend who he meet in a bar and could not be happier

Edited by Rigger

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another scarey punter's thread about the extreme violence of Thais? Same, same but not different. Yawn, yawn.

Well, occassionally a Western male gets his butt kicked in LOS while in Western society they get sucked their blood out slowly but surely by their ex-wives backed up by the "law" every day. Ever gone through divorce on trunk face soil? Make your pick. Slow, creeping death by exhaustion or execution by a quick move of the fruit knife.

Don't bash Thai society for unhuman violence doing injustice to all my Thai friends but rather look at the root. Heaps of <deleted> for brain individuals from the "developed countries" invading good ol' Siam. Coming here without even knowing <deleted> from Shinola. Just casualties of ignorance.

Happy New Year and advice for 2006: Don't fock with a Thai girl carrying a fruit knife.

Cheers,

Richard :o

Edited by Richard Hall

Strange how these topics bring out the "newbies" with under 10 posts :o  (and they all seem to know whats what regarding "bargirls" :D
Do not judge all girls working in bars

Read the above and learn.

You should know better than to assume newbie,s are not experienced on Thai culture as many will have been here a long time.

Also the fact that they do not have many post,s just may be because the negative comments like yours put them off adding there imput.

If they make a point that is sarcastic or making fun and being flippant of a serious situation then that is different.

Come on dave let,s encourage reasonable comments all members are entitled to offer, not look for negative observations that are O.T..

Some of the posts allowed without comment or censure are really sick ( speaking generally ), and not aimed at you personally.

I know people that will not join T. Visa because of this and we all loose because of this stuff.

marshbags :D:D:D

Edited by marshbags

Hi folk's, not often I reply to post .I married a bar girl 18 years ago we met on the 'rebound ' as they used to say,she from an abusive marriage ,me from a dissappointing one ,like all marriages we have had our ups and downsthough I must admit 99.9% of bar girls are not the people we most want to meet in life.

Happy new year to all.

The mother of my son worked in a Bar in Koh Samui and now lives in Norway with my son and her Norwegian husband. I couldn't offer her what she deserved. She's one of the kindest, most honest people I've met in my 43 years of life.

How dare any of you categorise all girls who work in bars as untrustworthy low lifes. What does that make you? You're using their services aren't you?

You think life's hard at home? Go to some of the villages in Issan and then maybe you'll see things in a different light.

post-8301-1136336019_thumb.jpg

Edited by koh_samui_sam

Oh come on .... how bright do you hae to be to spend more than an hour or two with a hooker? ... As for the poster that thinks Thai's are violent (john b good)... please .. what an idiot! While I have heard and seen Thai's get rude and even seen one fight between Thais ... the only time I have seen a farang and a Thai tussle ... the farang was drunk.

Oh come on .... how bright do you hae to be to spend more than an hour or two with a hooker? ... As for the poster that thinks Thai's are violent (john b good)... please .. what an idiot! While I have heard and seen Thai's get rude and even seen one fight between Thais ... the only time I have seen a farang and a Thai tussle ... the farang was drunk.

You must lead a very monastic existance, or just havn't been in the kingdom very long. Over the years I've seen hundreds of fights both in and out of bars, and even one resulting in death from a severe beating, and no, I don't frequent bars all the time.

From taking a bar girl to hospital one night after she had been knifed by a co worker in a fight over a tourist, to watching a person being shot, yes, I've seen the lot, but there again, I've been here half a lifetime obviously unlike your good self :o

As for calling John B Good and idiot, he's been here almost as long as I have, and a severe look at your own idiot status migh be in order....Moron

You must lead a very monastic existance, or just havn't been in the kingdom very long. Over the years I've seen hundreds of fights both in and out of bars, and even one resulting in death from a severe beating, and no, I don't frequent bars all the time.

From taking a bar girl to hospital one night after she had been knifed by a co worker in a fight over a tourist, to watching a person being shot, yes, I've seen the lot, but there again, I've been here half a lifetime obviously unlike your good self :o

As for calling John B Good and idiot, he's been here almost as long as I have, and a severe look at your own idiot status migh be in order....Moron

LOL ... yeah. Guess you must be right. You've been here 1/2 a lifetime. And seen enough in the bars! But you're right. I do lead a monastic life. I speak read and write Thai. It is the way of people that think they are entitled to a bigoted and off-base opinion to assume that they may have more experience here than those that disagree with them.

I probably get into a bar of any type about 1 time a month. To lady bars maybe every 3 months when friends visit from overseas. My years living here and the years before that as a tourist hardly qualify me to have an opinion at all! Obviously your experiences with bar-girls are vastly more numerous than are my own. I've never had to deal with taking a bargirl to a hospital and the only deaths I have personally been involved in, have been witnessing MVA's. Stabbings? never seen one here.

I am sure your vast experience is vastly superior! (redundancy intended)

--- or possibly I just hang out with Dr's and Engineers etc .... (yeah not all Thais work where you seem to see your fights knifings and shootings)

Edited by jdinasia

well when all is said and done one must realize the type of person they are dealing with - this usually means dealing with people in a sober state - wake up people, never get involved with a bar girl period. Bar girls are in the bars for a reason, and honestly is NOT one of those reasons folks - wake the hel_l UP!

On the other side of the coin, there are many many MANY FINE BEAUTIFUL KIND SEXY and GOOD thai women that are not in bars but are available to meet and greet and have 'good' fun and relations with.

These are the ones to know,

:o

If i understand you right you judge every woman working in a bar for their family, like bad meat? I think you have to talk with a bar-girl and ask her why she do it. Most of the girls comes from poor parts of Thailand like the girls you say is better then them. My girlfriend had to go work in bar before she and i met, please understand the poor people in Thailand! They are proud and they are in many ways better then we are (Farangs) because some men goes only to thailand for easy sex!! Treat every Thai-woman with respect even if they working in a bar.

WELL SAID!!!! The fact is that most bar girls work there because they have to to survive, since they usually send 80+% of what they make back to their families.

The mother of my son worked in a Bar in Koh Samui and now lives in Norway with my son and her Norwegian husband. I couldn't offer her what she deserved. She's one of the kindest, most honest people I've met in my 43 years of life.

How dare any of you categorise all girls who work in bars as untrustworthy low lifes. What does that make you? You're using their services aren't you?

You think life's hard at home? Go to some of the villages in Issan and then maybe you'll see things in a different light.

Another WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And let's not forget that bargirls are hardly representative of all Thai people as well. No more an accurate representation than taking a DC crack h* and saying... "see, this is the basis of the American way of life."

well when all is said and done one must realize the type of person they are dealing with - this usually means dealing with people in a sober state - wake up people, never get involved with a bar girl period. Bar girls are in the bars for a reason, and honestly is NOT one of those reasons folks - wake the hel_l UP!

On the other side of the coin, there are many many MANY FINE BEAUTIFUL KIND SEXY and GOOD thai women that are not in bars but are available to meet and greet and have 'good' fun and relations with.

These are the ones to know,

Yes my friend as long as you have plenty of Baht in yer pocket - I was naive now I'm less naive as Elvis once said.

I know plenty of guys who are teaching English going out with office women making the same or more money than they are. Sure it is more difficult to meet these women and they are not 20 years apart either. There are women everywhere who just want money, but if you hang around the bars you are likely to meet more of them.

TIT

Whatever the reason that people come to Thailand they must remember that, whilst pretty well all Thai's smile as brilliantly as the sun coming up on the horizon, that the average Thai is the most violent of persons, with a very low threshold before they explode violently.

When you accept that you have a slim chance of survival.  :o

Absolutably! I often see the result of Thai violence often in my medical profession as well as personally. When they do explode there is nothing to stop them! They will kill and maim without thought or conscience! Unreasonable and unconsolable, most carrying weapons including guns, knives and knuckle dusters and cars!, most of which are sold on the street in front of police and public...

The point is NEVER confront a Thai! unless you are willing to pay dearly for it! If you are a foreigner you have little chance to win in any situation. I'm getting to the point where I want to leave here because of it, I'm tired of volunteering for a society that has few morals regarding life! It's pretty sad since I like it here for many other reasons..

Ok lets think about this,.... I live and work here too, fantastic country and fantastic people, but lets remember there are many stories and there always will be!

Got to go Buffalo just died>>>>>> :o

Si Thai 2005

Another WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bar girls are in the bars for a reason, and honestly is NOT one of those reasons folks - wake the hel_l UP!
Biggest reason: Single motherhood with no decent means of support.  This poo may or may not have had a husbund.  If so, fantastic odds he's an alcoholic deadbeat, and poo would love to ditch him but is not in a position to.

This is not in itself a cause of lying.  I belive bar girls are reasonably honest with me, but then I don't come off as a sucker who's going fall in love with them, or go back to my country and send them money.  Maybe speaking fluent thai helps too.  As far as I know, I have never had a girl lie to me about having a child (most do).  IMO the guys that get lied to are the guys that lie to themselves about who these girls are, and want to be lied to, in some way, by the girls.

All this reminds me of one of Bernard Trink's mottoes. Trink is the legendary "Night Owl" who cruised around Bangkok's night scene for decades and wrote about his findings in Bangkok Post. The column is gone, but he still writes the occasional book review for the paper. The motto was/is:

"Never, never never never never never never ever marry a bar girl."

Absolutably! I often see the result of Thai violence often in my medical profession as well as personally. When they do explode there is nothing to stop them! They will kill and maim without thought or conscience! Unreasonable and unconsolable, most carrying weapons including guns, knives and knuckle dusters and cars!, most of which are sold on the street in front of police and public...

The point is NEVER confront a Thai! unless you are willing to pay dearly for it! If you are a foreigner you have little chance to win in any situation. I'm getting to the point where I want to leave here because of it, I'm tired of volunteering for a society that has few morals regarding life! It's pretty sad since I like it here for many other reasons..

I heard the story of a drunken American fighting a local Thai. The American got off lightly, but one of the Thai onlookers reportedly stated 'The American was lucky, you see Farangs fight to win, but Thais fight to kill'.

to koh_samui_sam: if you were referring to my post with your "how dare you" remark, i must reply that no, i don't use bargirls' services. why? basically, because i don't have to or want to, and because sex for money is no fun. back when i was "young, dumb, and full of c**" i met plenty of them though, and i have seen and heard too many horror stories about them from friends and acquaintances since then. i am sure that some of them are nice people, but that's got nothing to do with it. doing that kind of work corrupts them, and getting into a relationship with one of them is most likely to be a nightmare. take your pick: violence, disease, getting cheated... why anyone would bother when there are so many other beautiful and nice women here in LOS is just beyond me.

and yes, i have been to isan villages. lived there before for a few months, too. yes, many people there are poor. people are poor in lots of places all over the world. are all of their daughters selling their bodies? i haven't been all over, so i don't know. but no one can deny that thailand and thai women have made an exceptional international name for themselves in the prostitution department. why? these girls will always tell you they "have a burden", etc, etc, as if their whole family upcountry would all starve to death if these girls didn't sell themselves, which is bulls**t. the whole "poor me, born into this life, this is my destiny, my karma" thing is soooooooo prevalent here, too.

let's all face facts: while there are certain thai cultural forces that contribute to this phenomenon, the bottom line is: these girls do this work because they make literally 100's of times as much money doing it as they could doing anything else in this country with a 6th-grade education, or even high-school (or college!) education. with an endless supply of horny foreigners with money, why get a real job or education? it's sad.

and what is even sadder is that the sex trade has been so accepted and lucrative here for so long that now we are seeing prostitution by women that you would never have seen it from 15 or 20 years ago (yes, i lived here back then too). middle-class college (high-school?) students are selling it at RCA; office girls are selling it after work at any number of places around sukhumvit & silom.

seems like after years of watching the isan girls have all the fun and profits, lots of others have decided they want in.

where does it end?

i don't know which stupefies me more; the endless parade of idiot foreigners here who get themselves involved like this with low-life prostitutes, or the larger picture of how much the economy of this country is BUILT on prostitution. it truly BOGGLES the mind...

You mean you've never considered that prostitution exists because of the demand by the over-cashed blue-diamond brigade tourists, both local and farang, for "exotic" and cheap sex? You mean you've never examined the underlying attitudes to women that people like the blue diamond brigade perpetuate in this country? You mean that you don't understand the financial incentives for women to become prostitutes in the first place? Maybe you would prefer that all women stayed vituously poor and exploited as appendages of a sewing machine behind the closed doors of a clothing factory? Prostitutes are not "low-life" they are women trying to gain a better life for themselves and their families/children. Maybe it speaks volumes about this tragic swede that Poo found it necessary to conceal her true situation from him? think about it.... :o

i don't know which stupefies me more; the endless parade of idiot foreigners here who get themselves involved like this with low-life prostitutes, or the larger picture of how much the economy of this country is BUILT on prostitution. it truly BOGGLES the mind...

You mean you've never considered that prostitution exists because of the demand by the over-cashed blue-diamond brigade tourists, both local and farang, for "exotic" and cheap sex? You mean you've never examined the underlying attitudes to women that people like the blue diamond brigade perpetuate in this country? You mean that you don't understand the financial incentives for women to become prostitutes in the first place? Maybe you would prefer that all women stayed vituously poor and exploited as appendages of a sewing machine behind the closed doors of a clothing factory? Prostitutes are not "low-life" they are women trying to gain a better life for themselves and their families/children. Maybe it speaks volumes about this tragic swede that Poo found it necessary to conceal her true situation from him? think about it.... :o

please see my above post re: most of your points, which are valid and which i would have gone into but my post was long enough already.

as for "low-life prostitutes", anyone who does what "poor poo" did to that guy with a bottle and a knofe qualifies as low-life in my book, prostitute or not...