Dlt Chonburi: Shortage Of Number Plates, I Have To Wait Until 3.Sept.

So it's not only diet cokes and pepsi, even no. plates are not available.

I was at the DLT Chonburi today, where they transferred the books of my bikes from others provinces to Chonburi.

Usually I would get the new plates today, but they told me, no more plates available.

My new plates will arrive on 3rd of September (hopefully)...rolleyes.gif

Amazing Thailand

For as long as I can remember Chonburi has always been extremely slow in issuing plates. Not unusual at all to wait as long as 6 months for a Chonburi plate. No idea why. TiT

I know some guys who live in Chonburi but choose to registered their vehicles in Bangkok so that they can get their cars/bikes plated in a timely manner.

For as long as I can remember Chonburi has always been extremely slow in issuing plates

But not in the past year, the plates have always been issued within one week after application. (more than 15 bikes).

Whats wrong with them now?

I still have a number plate from a bike I changed from one to another province.Make me an offer.

i have a letter from the DLT that says even though my bike is unplated ,i am allowed to ride it

I prefer this to any number plate ;)

This topic has been covered before. The current plates are sub-standard (the paint peels off in the sun in a few months) and the DLT are changing to a new supplier. Nothing to do with Chonburi.

Covered before? In the motorcycle forum? I must have missed it.

Is it just a problem in Chonburi?

Never had any problems with the quality of the Bangkok issued plates on my 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 motorcycles...

Same here in CM. I bought a secondhand PCX registered in Chiang Rai province and I got a new book for it from the LTO in a few days but the Chiang Mai plate will take 60 days so they tell me. Now driving around with the old CR plate backed up by the new CM green book. Weird!

Cheers,

Pikey.