What Is This Thai Item?

Nad

Can someone who know what this item please tell me. I was given this when I was a novice at a Thai Temple a few years back from my master. He did not explain to me what it was, but some lady came up to me and she wanted to buy it for a high price but I politely said no. So I presume it's valuable.

Thanks for reading.

post-156724-0-90446000-1337963829_thumb.

Joking aside,,, If its any help, the wife is telling me the value could be dependent on how well known the "master" or abbot who presented it to you was,,, the name of the temple on the Buddhist flag is unknown to my wife and it doesn't appear to say which province the temple is located, if she was familiar with the temple named on the flag that may have given her a bit of a clue as to the name of the abbot who presented it to you,

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

My thai friend says the value will depend on age (the older the better ) and also the "famousness" of the monk who painted it

Just a thought from wana's reply above, it may be that the flag is an original, apparently the monks don't paint so much nowadays, instead running off some prints from an original painted one, however the wife thinks the writing is too perfect looking on the flag in the attachment for it to be an original painting, although that's just her thoughts and she could be wrong.

Oh snap! No one seem to know what it is or what it does. I was given this in 2007 at a Temple in the UK around Manchester somewhere. I was offered around 100 pounds but I refused, I have no idea why I refused though.

Searched everywhere on the Internet but found nothing about this item! :(

Oh snap! No one seem to know what it is or what it does. I was given this in 2007 at a Temple in the UK around Manchester somewhere. I was offered around 100 pounds but I refused, I have no idea why I refused though.

Searched everywhere on the Internet but found nothing about this item! sad.png

Keep it as a memory. smile.png

A number of posts have been removed.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I'm moving this to the Buddhist forum where the OP may receive replies which are both more respectful and helpful.

You might try to find a Thai historian to look at it for you....at a university.

Or, carry it to Wat Phrakaow, the National Palace, ask around and show it around. Someone there might be able to send you in the right direction.

quote name='Nad' ! No one seem to know what it is or what it does.

Apparently it's a Buddhist flag,, what it does,?, I would imagine that depends on what you want to use it for,,

it would likely have been given to you to help bring you good fortune in your life, my wife has a similar flag from another temple, she keeps it together with all her other Buddhist items together high up on top of one of the cabinets in the house, apparently they should be stored somewhere high as a mark of respect,,

the Thai writings on the outer edge of the flag give the temple name and say something else like "heart of millionaire", on the inner part it seems to be the ancient Bali alphabet.

If you would like to find more specific info It may be helpful if you post the picture on the Buddhist forum on palangjit.com, where they have both thai and english language forums