Freeplayo Vacation Review.

crudy21

Just back from a few days in Bangkok, Siem Reap and Pattaya and thought i would let you guys know how our Freeplayo vacation went whilst in Pattaya.

Call me Cheap Charlie, call me Kin Yow (sp), call me what you want but as in our business in these economic times, our holidays (which are many) also need to be looked at with a veiw to saving a few sheckles, anyway here's the details.

After a night in Bangkok we took the train to Arranyaprathet, which i might add was one of the most enjoyable parts of our break. Taxi to SR and enjoyed our time there for a few days. I have been before and wont bore you with the details but it was my wifes first time there and she loved every single minute of it, as did i.

Bus and minivan to Pattaya to begin our stay courtesey of Freeplayo. Minivan dropped us off at the junction of Pattaya Tai and Sukhumvit and we chartered a Baht bus to LK Metro for our stay at Murphy's Law.

Now to be totally honest i wasn't really filled with enthusiasm at meeting the owner, solely going by his photo and description on the Freeplayo site. ''Steve the mad publican'' he is billed as and in his photo he looks a real nutter. I wasn't wrong the guy is a nutter but one of the nicest nutters i have ever met and i have met plenty! Absolutely great bloke and great fun to be around.

As luck would have it the Freeplayo lad who posts on here was in the bar when we arrived and we had a drink and a craic with him too, again a really nice lad.

We spent 2 nights free at Murphys Law, we were going to stop 4 but to be fair to my wife it wasn't here type of place to stay as she loves her pool time. However if i was alone i would have been fine and i would certainly stay there again, we used both our 300 Baht drinks vouchers without any problem and went to Ali Baba to use one of our vouchers for there.

Had some excellent Indian food and again had no problems with the voucher.

Day 2 we had a stroll to see Alan Bolton in The Avenue to collect our 1500 Baht cash, was in there 5 minutes, filled in a quick form and walked out 30 quid up! Baht bus to Sukhumvit and crossed over to Fairways to claim our 300 Bahts worth of free food, again no problems here and the food was good.

Over the next 3 days we again went to Fairways and twice to Tequila Reef on Soi 7 to use our 200 Baht coupons, again no problems and food was pretty good. We went to Ali Baba again and enjoyed another free meal, thought it was a bit expensive but with Freeplayo paying who cares.

Called in at The Links to collect our free golf shirts on our last day and that my friends is it. Had a great time in Pattaya and can't think of one single bad thing to say about Freeplayo or their sponsors.

Hope some of you members have as good a time as me.

• Like 1

I'm up past 10,000 points but all the cash rewards were pulled while I was saving for the 5000thb cashback.

Now I'm stuck wondering what to do with all these points. I have done a few 500thb Ali Baba which is good but way overpriced. Also done Tequila Reef a few times but the 500thb vouchers are no longer available.

I really wish more restaurants would sign on.

I thought I would stop by comfy frog to see if a 10,000 voucher would do any good there but they immediately had the wife and I very unimpressed. First off, they have not 1 sign or any writing on the windows or anything with ANY business name. I sent my wife in to ask the name and she came out with some Thai name. I had seen the map and we were directly opposite Ford so I went in and asked if this was "Comfy Frog" and they said yes. I then started to see some placards on the demo furniture inside with the frog logo on it. The showroom is pretty much worthless. They have no catalog nor do they make clear any pricing. The way they work is you bring them picture for what you want and then they have someone make it and you pay. Not the place to go to browse for furniture and certainly you are not going to get anything for 10,000thb.

What would you do with 10,000 points if you live in Pattaya and have no need to free hotel?

I'm up past 10,000 points but all the cash rewards were pulled while I was saving for the 5000thb cashback.

Now I'm stuck wondering what to do with all these points. I have done a few 500thb Ali Baba which is good but way overpriced. Also done Tequila Reef a few times but the 500thb vouchers are no longer available.

I really wish more restaurants would sign on.

I thought I would stop by comfy frog to see if a 10,000 voucher would do any good there but they immediately had the wife and I very unimpressed. First off, they have not 1 sign or any writing on the windows or anything with ANY business name. I sent my wife in to ask the name and she came out with some Thai name. I had seen the map and we were directly opposite Ford so I went in and asked if this was "Comfy Frog" and they said yes. I then started to see some placards on the demo furniture inside with the frog logo on it. The showroom is pretty much worthless. They have no catalog nor do they make clear any pricing. The way they work is you bring them picture for what you want and then they have someone make it and you pay. Not the place to go to browse for furniture and certainly you are not going to get anything for 10,000thb.

What would you do with 10,000 points if you live in Pattaya and have no need to free hotel?

While Jayman's primary interest is food, there are lots of activities and things to do and see and eat and buy in our FreePlayo Rewards, including diving and watersports, golf, a cultural show, tools for the DIY person, financial and real estate services, etc. There are also sponsored donations available to those who want to trade in points for a good cause. Take a look at the Reward for yourself: http://freeplayo.com...taya/en/rewards

I'm sure upon reflection Jayman would agree that enjoying a 500 Baht discount -- more than once -- at a long-established Pattaya restaurant and complaining on a public forum that it's overpriced is a little rich -- and not exactly encouraging to any other restauranteur who may want to sign up. :-) Peace, sir!

As for Comfy Frog, I would encourage anyone to make their own judgements about the place -- and ask to see Paul Ryan, the farang boss. I've had no need to buy furniture, but the showroom struck me as large and professional with some striking pieces of furniture in there.

Edited by FreePlayo