Oh No ! Not Another Election

Gonzo the Face

Actually, there are two coming up, the by-election to replace Thaksin's niece who was removed as MP is on 2 June and then for PAO Council and President on 23 June.

Do you know the names of the candidates for the President and their party? Also, can anyone tell me what the President does? Is he/she above the Mayor of CM? Is this the Presidency of CM Municipality or of the entire Province? I'm trying to understand the local politics....

Candidate no1 who is already the mayor of Chiang Mai city is Mr Boonlert's nephew. Boonlert himself (owner of the Ratilanna hotel on Changklan rd after he managed to kick Sofitel off his land) is one of the 105 Thai Raki Thai execs whose 5 year political bans have just come to an end. Thin pickings I'm afraid as far as info goes!! There are sure to be some Thai speakers out there in ThaiVisa land with a lot more accurate info!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here we go again ! ! !

I guess another election.... A sound truck just came by about 15 minutes ago [8:10 AM, Sunday, 8th Jul] blasting away and with Number 1 on the side....... I guess U=NO=HOO,,,,, very obviously decked out in the red color.

What is this election about??? Anybody know.

We must have had 5 or 6 elections already this year.

The local way..... if you bake a cake and put in one cup of sugar, and someone tells you how delicious it was, then the next time you bake a cake you put in 6 cups of sugar, it will obviously be 6 times better....

Same with elections , I guess.

Any knowledgeable members out there in the CM area, can you list the dates of the elections so far this year and what for and when they were. It may be interesting to see that as a list. I do know that there was the provincial board just a couple weeks ago and the election to replace the one that did a no no on the financial reporting just before that,,,,,, but can anyone list them all so far this year.

Chiang Mai..... The hub of monthly elections.....

It may be good if they would have an election now for a position that would be of great importance to the general public, more so than for any particular groups wallet......

That position would be Chief Dog Catcher......... something much more needed in reality.