Bangkok Bank Internet Banking

Last week I got all signed up for internet banking with BBL. My phone is also registered for internet banking.

I have a problem I can't sort out. When I want to add a 3rd party account it comes up saying that i will get a One Time Password (OTP) sms to my phone to complete the transaction but when it gets to that point another screen says I need to activate SMS Activation. In other words I still can't do anything with the account.

Does anyone here use BBL internet banking? If so how do you go about getting the sms codes. I've tried calling them but the options in the call centre just go around in cirlces to the point where I get cut off. Any clues?

In MY SETTINGS click on SMS OTP AUTHENTICATION SETTINGS and you'll see: Activate SMS OTP Service

Yes I have done that but a screen then tells me to activate the service. I have done that too by calling the number and registering my card with the service and then when it is done and i am still conected to the call centre it goes back into the automated menu. This would have be one of the most difficult systems i've ever had to set up. Looks like I have no alternative but go back to the branch for the 4th time.

I just got the problem sorted. I chose a different option to what I suppose to and had a lady helped me through the process. She said the English side of the auto menu wasn't working correctly and she guided me to the right person who did it all with me on the phone.

Rest assured, they wanted every bit of id from me before activating my sms service. I am happy now, it's all up and running.

I just got the problem sorted. I chose a different option to what I suppose to and had a lady helped me through the process. She said the English side of the auto menu wasn't working correctly and she guided me to the right person who did it all with me on the phone.

Rest assured, they wanted every bit of id from me before activating my sms service. I am happy now, it's all up and running.

I do think BBL provide very secure internet banking, much more so than my UK bank.

• 2 weeks later...

In MY SETTINGS click on SMS OTP AUTHENTICATION SETTINGS and you'll see: Activate SMS OTP Service

Yes I have done that but a screen then tells me to activate the service. I have done that too by calling the number and registering my card with the service and then when it is done and i am still conected to the call centre it goes back into the automated menu. This would have be one of the most difficult systems i've ever had to set up. Looks like I have no alternative but go back to the branch for the 4th time.

You can email all your inquires regarding internet banking with Bangkok Bank to http://www.bangkokbank.com/bangkok%20bank/personal%20banking/branch%20services/bank%20branches/pages/contact%20us.aspx?EmailAdd=EMAIL_GENERIC&Cate=5

• 2 weeks later...

Beware! I opened a Bkk account in Chiang Mai.

To do Internet banking they told me I would get a pin number in the mail. But it never reached me.

Now I'm back in the States--and hear from them: "come into your nearest Thai branch office and we'll fix it."

When you do open an account where they will mail you a PIN to add to your pre-existing PIN for online banking make sure that it's an address where the mail will get there!

I'll have to wait about 5 years before I can access my funds...(and I'll have my gf deposit 100 baht every year to keep it active)

This of course does not relate to phone banking

Beware! I opened a Bkk account in Chiang Mai.

To do Internet banking they told me I would get a pin number in the mail. But it never reached me.

Now I'm back in the States--and hear from them: "come into your nearest Thai branch office and we'll fix it."

When you do open an account where they will mail you a PIN to add to your pre-existing PIN for online banking make sure that it's an address where the mail will get there!

I'll have to wait about 5 years before I can access my funds...(and I'll have my gf deposit 100 baht every year to keep it active)

This of course does not relate to phone banking

Too bad that before you left you didn't take your Bangkok Bank ATM card to any BB ATM and you could have reset ( set up a new PIN ) using the ATM menu titled "other services"

Happened to me that they did not send the snail mail pin before I left Thailand so the call center told my about this above technique

As an aside, BB lets you obtain the initial Internet banking user name via any BB ATM so long as your account was opened using a Work Permit in lieu of a Visa (or one year permission to stay). If opening an account using a Visa you must have the counter staff manually enroll you in online banking, a fact that many branches that don't deal with a lot of farangs are clueless about

As an aside, BB lets you obtain the initial Internet banking user name via any BB ATM so long as your account was opened using a Work Permit in lieu of a Visa (or one year permission to stay).

I opened mine with a Non Imm O visa & activated my Internet Banking via the ATM machine

albeit that was a year ...or two? ago

If not a joint account believe you can use ATM to enroll in internet banking. If a joint account both holders must apply at bank location and hope they have a clue - I did last month and was told flatly no foreigner could enroll. When challenged it changed (three employees now saying no) to only foreigner with a work permit. But that they could provide for Thai wife. I agreed rather than argue more (although this results in massive copy/sign/paperwork which I had pre-printed for my application which they would not accept). In the end they do have me sign the pre-printed paperwork in addition to new paperwork. Weeks go by but after 3 weeks get email with name and few days later mail password. All in my name rather than wife.

Must say it seems to be a good system and have set up a half dozen monthly transfers very easily so hope they work as well as the software. Had no problem with SMS but had that activated for foreign deposits before and not sure but may have had to do again online for internet banking. Had no problem following online menus for setting up accounts (almost waited as did not have name exact spellings but that is not required - only the account number and bank). Immediately received the SMS passwords for other bank accounts without issue.

As an aside, BB lets you obtain the initial Internet banking user name via any BB ATM so long as your account was opened using a Work Permit in lieu of a Visa (or one year permission to stay).

I opened mine with a Non Imm O visa & activated my Internet Banking via the ATM machine

albeit that was a year ...or two? ago

Mine was opened at the Satahip (Tesco) branch a month ago and since the savings account application was "coded" by the branch as being issued to a non Work Permit customer, the ATM machine would not work to obtain my User ID, the first step in setting up online banking

I would guess that branches in "tourist" or large expat areas would probably know this and code the application differently, thus allowing the ATM username option (which is always numerical by the way)