2 Weeks Thailand With Gf From Philippines - Tips ?

im currently in europe and want take a gf in the philippines to thailand for few weeks, shes very, very hard working all the time and deserves a good holiday. ive heard that phil gilz often get in trouble at manila airport cuz corrupt or just stupid airport peepz dont like to allow them to leave the country. does this still happen, and what are the tricks to avoid this ? does it actually make a difference whats the country of destination ?

thanks!!

As long as she has all her papers in order and pays the extortionate, yet required, fee for leaving Philippines.. I believe it is 2600 pesos just for the right to leave her own country.

Then there is the Thai side. Filipinos are supposed to be able to show 25000 baht worth of any currency when they arrive on an extended vacation here. So she needs to have a pocket full of cash. That's her best bet.

I have PI wife and her sister living with me. Never had to show money in pocket or in bank, but both have had problems with incompetent immigration officials in Clark with bogus requirements causing them to miss their planes, now neither of them will fly out of Clark but go to Manila.

Be prepared for her watching you watching the thai girls, and giving you hell if your eyes dwell too long.

my first thai gf, 15 years ago she is a really lovely, caring, well-educated person, also the one you can trust for 100% and very punctual with appointments, so not typical thai. but in public she was always controlling my eye movements, with every girl i looked at, she asked me with a funny face 'you want talk with her mai ?' 'she more beautiful then me mai, hihihi'... a kind of strange, repeating jokes like she loved teasing me, but i learned it was a dam_n serious matter for her and I became totally bored of it because it never, never stopped. together with the daily trainloads of 'up to you's' the end was nigh. her self-fulfilling prophecy was a great fear for loosing me one day. now we are closest friends, she's like a sister.

Be prepared for her watching you watching the thai girls, and giving you hell if your eyes dwell too long.

my first thai gf, 15 years ago she is a really lovely, caring, well-educated person, also the one you can trust for 100% and very punctual with appointments, so not typical thai. but in public she was always controlling my eye movements, with every girl i looked at, she asked me with a funny face 'you want talk with her mai ?' 'she more beautiful then me mai, hihihi'... a kind of strange, repeating jokes like she loved teasing me, but i learned it was a dam_n serious matter for her and I became totally bored of it because it never, never stopped. together with the daily trainloads of 'up to you's' the end was nigh. her self-fulfilling prophecy was a great fear for loosing me one day. now we are closest friends, she's like a sister.

Your fault for picking a jealous gf.

• Like 1

Your fault for picking a jealous gf.

Is there any other kind?

suggest: go to Chiang Rai, northernmost Thailand. Elephant rides by river, waterfalls, rock climbing park with zip lines (1/6th the cost of Chiang Mai's, which only offer zips). .

I have gone to Thailand with my Filipino girlfriend who lives here in Dubai. She flew seperate/later than me and didn't have to show any money or anything at the Thailand end.

Thais constantly tried to talk to her only for me to have to reply in Thai that she's not Thai and then they look confused about wondering how or why I do speak Thai then if she's not. This seemed to amuse people way more than it should

As long as she has all her papers in order and pays the extortionate, yet required, fee for leaving Philippines.. I believe it is 2600 pesos just for the right to leave her own country.

Then there is the Thai side.

Thai side isn't the problem, it is Immigr in Pi. She needs inv letter authenticated by Phil Emb in Bkk, showmoney etc, but even with all that in place they can stop her! I've given up on this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

I have gone to Thailand with my Filipino girlfriend who lives here in Dubai. She flew seperate/later than me and didn't have to show any money or anything at the Thailand end.

Thais constantly tried to talk to her only for me to have to reply in Thai that she's not Thai and then they look confused about wondering how or why I do speak Thai then if she's not. This seemed to amuse people way more than it should

It always happens. If I go to a hardware shop, or anywhere in Thailand, with an Asian-looking person - the workers there invariably talk only to the Asian-looking person. It happens even when it becomes clear that other person has no sense of the business at hand. Many times I've said sternly to a Thai person (in Thai), "look at me. Listen to me. I'm the one you need to speak with." (or words to that effect). They're genetically incapable of dealing with a farang, if there's an Asian-looking person accompanying that farang. It would be funny, if it weren't so prevalent.

• Like 1

First, meet in in PI and fly together. She will be happier, you will worry less and everything will go smoother

In PI it is all about the beach and ocean in the multi island country. Do something different. Go up country. Rent a car do a loop, Issan, Chiang Mai and other areas. Pai, Mae hong song. markets and food, waterfalls and mountins. Doi internon. Thailand highest peak 1 hour outside Chiang Mai. My PI friend who travel here are amazed by all the food avalable everywhere.

Have fun it will be a good time. PMM me if you need more help or information up north. Happy to help

I have PI wife and her sister living with me. Never had to show money in pocket or in bank, but both have had problems with incompetent immigration officials in Clark with bogus requirements causing them to miss their planes, now neither of them will fly out of Clark but go to Manila.

DO NOT use Clark. Big problems about being bounced there. It is this month lead article in the Haarrythehorse dot com newsletter.

A Rotarian friend, who was was returning from visiting her parents in Cebu, transited at Clark and was refused permission to fly, as she was on the second half of a return ticket TO THAILAND, and not a Return ticket back to Philippinres. Also no proof of why she was issued her Thai ED Visa. Lost the flight and the money.

She bought a Return ticket CRK-BKK-CRK (High price as for next "Available" scheduled flight) and had the college confirmation papers emailed over, and she was able to ecape Clark after three days.

It always happens. If I go to a hardware shop, or anywhere in Thailand, with an Asian-looking person - the workers there invariably talk only to the Asian-looking person. It happens even when it becomes clear that other person has no sense of the business at hand. Many times I've said sternly to a Thai person (in Thai), "look at me. Listen to me. I'm the one you need to speak with." (or words to that effect). They're genetically incapable of dealing with a farang, if there's an Asian-looking person accompanying that farang. It would be funny, if it weren't so prevalent.

I had a friend who had a Filippino wife, and even when Thais were told she does not speak Thai, like in a restaurant, the waitress acknowledged that, then turn back and continued to try speaking Thai to her again.

My wife is a Filipina, and EVERY time she flew alone to meet me in Thailand, she had problems with the moronic, corrupt, power-tripping Philippine officials. The first time, even though she had a letter I sent, explaining that she was my fiance, and that I was responsible for her, they almost made her miss her filght. Fortunately, I was near a fax so I could send a photocopy of my passport and a copy of the letter, signed again. They let her go.

Although they don't cmplain about it, Filipinos are virtual prisoners in their own countriy, and constantly victimized by it. Just to leave, there is a 1620 peso 'travel tax', over and above the airport fee (500 pesos at Manila). Unless they are in the OPW program (which likely means they have paid extortionate fees to some placement agency/middleman), they are denied the right to travel, even in Asean-member countries, to which they are supposed to have the right to travel freely.

I can't say this strongly enough: the Philippine government is a bunch of corrupt, craven as*holes, who victimize their own people mercilessly. To hell with them.

OP: if you love your GF, the BEST thing you can do for her is get her out of there.

Recently, on a trip for a family emergency, I was asked by that superb example of Philippine helpfulness, Cebu Pacific Air in Suvarnabhumi if I had a return ticket back to Thailand from the PI. The nerve of these fools. As if I'd EVER stay there a nanosecond longer than I absolutely had to...

• Like 1

Lots of smart Alec comments but I am telling you know she will not be allowed to leave Philippines

unless she completes a one day government course on sexual exploitation. This is from personal experience.

You can help by doing the following.

1/ Having her purchase the ticket in Philippines in cash not you with your credit card on line.

2/ $1000 US cash and how she earned the money for her vacation IE. proof of her employment.

3/ Hotel reservation confirmation in her name.

4/ Annulment of marriage if she has been married.

5/ If she says she is visiting you and you are divorced proof of your divorce certified by a Philippine embassy.

You may think I am crazy but I am telling you the Philippine immigration Nazis are ruthless. They are turning

away 10-30 women per flight who are trying to leave the country on a new anti sexual exploitation law.

If you don't believe me have her go to the airport and talk to the dozens of teary eyed women who have

been denied and missed there flights with no recourse, no refunds.

I've read all the comments - a checklist of things to do, forms to sign, courses to take, educational visas to get, money to bring, documents and visas to get from the Thai Embassy in Manila, airports to avoid, etc. Even if you do some or all of these, there is no guarantee that she'll be allowed to leave. I know expats who have complied with these and still had their GF's refused exit!

Having said that, I met an expat at the Clark airport, who told me of the wholesale sacking or reassigning of the entire Clark Immigration staff recently, when a Manila newspaper reporter wrote about the policies there. Without going into detail(I haven't seen the article), this mob pushed one guy too far. He happened to be a go-between management consultant for a Saudi Arabian oil company doing business(and providing oil and jobs) for the Philippine government and taking his filipina GF with him on his many trips out of the country without any hassles. They didn't know(or care) who he was, when they blocked her from leaving. Big mistake. He went to the powers that be and the bloodletting began. Did their policy change, at least at Clark? Who knows?

But when I went to Clark and met my GF there last Sunday and were interviewed by the new head of Immigration, he was very friendly. He asked me to sign a form accepting responsibility for her expenses. I did and we shook hands, like long-lost friends. My GF and I walked out of the room and onto the plane.

My advice to you is to fly there, pick her up, stand in line together and you should be o.k.

Most of those exit issues go away with a bit of cash and a bit of luck too, some seem to be targeted more. This is the 'pines makes it's money, exporting female workers around the world and they make them jump through hopes for the privilege of being away from home and sending money back to prop the country up!

As I said, my filipina g/f had no issues and neither did a friends but that's flying from Dubai, coming out of the 'pines is probably more of a hassle than any issue at the Thai end imo

• 2 weeks later...

That will be the biggest problem.

not really, I am not interested in thai chicks anymore, 99% of them are not interesting.