Wife Name Change Anyone Eperienced This

RubbaJohnny

On advice of a monk so no discussion allowed on merits she who must be obeyed is minded for her 4th name.

I have no objection as fmily name the same

Will this however be a married visa hassle for me when her ID card is differenct from wedding certificate.?

Be interested to hear from anyone with experice of this.

She assures me the ID card and a letter in Thai will be free

All seems headache.

We will also need to change

Chanote

All bank Accounts

Blue Book

Her ID card

Translations of wedding certificate

These may need apostille or translation certified by MOFA and embassy

Car and bike ownership papers,insurances etc

Her passport

Thanks in antipation

lplease add any other items I may have overlooked

May be worth trying to get her to visit another monk to ask about a name change. Not all are power freaks who like to make people jump to their tune.

My Thai sister in law went through some personal crisis and was told the only answer was a name change. With luck she happened to talk with another monk who suggested a ceremony similar to a baptism would suffice. Sis chose the easier dunking.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Been through all that.

For australian immigration we need the original bith certificate and the name change documents.

All translated and ceritified to english.

You could suggest that if you wanted a wife with a new name it would be easier to find a new wife than troll through all the bureaucracy of chaining hers - Nah better not.

On two more serious notes: Monks dictating your wife's life choices is a small step from them dictating yours and, while reluctant to say this, I've never met anyone who changed their name who was not a fruit cake.

And I've known a few.

• Like 1

Tell her your Buddha told you in a dream, that in order for her name change to be effective, she must go out and earn all the money for the documentation entirely on her own. If you pay, it will not only bring extremely bad luck, but at least two ghosts will be attracted to the house to haunt her.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

My wife was told the same by a monk 4 years ago. He said her name was un-lucky.

It was strange to me, so I told her when she changed her name for a lucky new name, then maybe she would be lucky and find a new boyfriend.

4 Years later we are still together and she still has the same name, no problem.

FDsmile.png

Find Jesus, I don't think he ever suggested a name change? But not up on my Bible Verses, so not sure?

But seriously, the changing name thing is big here. I know a lady that changed her name 3 times and her daughter’s name 4 times. It doesn't matter how many times they have changed their name they still have bad luck, I am thinking it mostly due to the fact of their mentality more than their names. I would simply tell your wife that if a name change is necessary and the monk has chosen the correct name, then another monk should be able to re-confirm that that is the correct name. Ask your wife to write the new name the first monk gave her on a piece of paper and then ask a second and third monk to write down the names they think, of course with holding the previous answers from the following monks. If all three names match, do it. If not, well then I think you might be able to convince your wife to keep her original name.

My girlfriend of 2 years changed her name before we met. The monk told her that her original name was unlucky. She now believes the monk was right. New house and car. Her luck has changed

...or her unluck has been transfered to you.

• Like 1

My girlfriend of 2 years changed her name before we met. The monk told her that her original name was unlucky. She now believes the monk was right. New house and car. Her luck has changed

New house and car to use

I really hate it. Something to do with evil or malevolent spirits not being able to find you if you change your name. Not only did she change her name - she also changed the names of my kids! My brown pick-up truck had a sticker saying - this vehicle is red - I learned also to confuse the spirits. You will find name vehicles with similar stickers (but in Thai language). Ask your partner to spot them for you.

New house and car to use

Guess the house belongs to her. So, yes you can stay until she get other ideas.

Have a sticker made, like those you see on cars (Rot kan nee see dam) with your wife's new name like "Khon nee chue ..." and stick it on her back.

If it works for cars which are supposed to change color for good luck, why not for people?

When my wife approached me with the 'name change for luck', I pointed out that any benifits she was expecting from outside Thailand would be compromised due to her changing name. Thus bad luck more than good. She subsquently found that all she had to do was have her friends, call her by new name (lucky one) and introduce herself in same way, and the potential huge problem was solved.

The new name fell by the wayside, after a few months.

New house and car to use

Guess the house belongs to her. So, yes you can stay until she get other ideas.

30 year lease