ste860

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Name & shame not allowed.

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

I really don't understand why some people can't be bothered to make the first letter of a sentence a capital.

Should I start a new thread about it wasting more bandwidth?

Develop some humility - know your place in this country and accept it.

I really don't understand why some people can't be bothered to make the first letter of a sentence a capital.

so come on then whats my place in this country ?

and also its smart arse answers like your im on about ,,

plus i do know the laws here regards naming and shaming

,my gripe is the negative answers many people get ,if you dont like or agree with a topic just skip it ,its not rocket science ,no need to post something just to get your post count up or try and hide behind a keyboard

Edited by ste860

and also its smart arse answers like your im on about ,,

plus i do know the laws here regards naming and shaming

,my gripe is the negative answers many people get ,if you dont like or agree with a topic just skip it ,its not rocket science ,no need to post something just to get your post count up or try and hide behind a keyboard

I guess your place in this country is in an English class, learning about capitalisation.

Maybe Naam could explain it to you...

If you can't be bothered to read people's posts, and learn from them, you're unlikely to engender much good feeling and helpful assistance

SC

If you think some businesses are overcharging, one obvious solution is not to buy from them

Likewise, if someone is clearly not happy living in Thailand, one obvious solution is to leave Thailand

Some posters like to moan about problems; other posters like to offer solutions

Simple

• Like 1

I think a lot of the problem is, when you ask a silly question, you are inviting a silly answer.

When you confess to going against all forum advice, you invite criticism and 'told you so' posts.

A few prime examples.

I bought a car/house/condo in my gfs name and she took it away from me.

I gave my wife access to my bank account and she emptied it out.

How much sin-sot should I pay/my gf wants 1 million sin-sot.

I paid 2 million sin-sot to marry my girl, and now she has divorced me.

I paid a bribe to the police and they took it.

I left my wife at home while I worked overseas for 10 months of the year, now she is sleeping with someone else.

I was overcharged because I am a foreigner.

Have I missed any out?

I inflate my car tyres to their recommended pressure, but I am getting poor gas mileage and uneven tyre wear.

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

I think a lot of the problem is, when you ask a silly question, you are inviting a silly answer.

When you confess to going against all forum advice, you invite criticism and 'told you so' posts.

A few prime examples.

I left my wife at home while I worked overseas for 10 months of the year, now she is sleeping with someone else.

Have I missed any out?

Well done Thomas, you've quoted some examples of the silly posts we often see on this forum. However, i think it's answers like yours that the OP is referring to...

There is many posts on this forum that are made by people who seem to be what some call "amatures to SE Asia." Along with posts about frustration of undevelopment. That can be boring to some of us. However, im sure some understand the OP's post. He tries to convey how negative this forum can be. I don't know if it's due to many of the Thai expats actually being living innuendo's of the foreign men living here, ie. Poofs, perverts, pedophiles, sexpats etc? Not sure what the underlying reason is, but i find this forum to be one of the most negative forums on the internet. I post on quite a few forums but generally this one seems to be the most bitter.

"So come on then, whats your place in this country?"clap2.gif Awaiting a bitter answerbiggrin.png

A few prime examples.

Have I missed any out?

I inflate my car tyres to their recommended pressure, but I am getting poor gas mileage and uneven tyre wear.

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

You need to follow the Atkins Plan.

I think the main frustration is that majority of people who post about things that have been asked a million times before fail to use the search function before asking the question. When the typical questions get asked a thousand times over its hard not to lose the enthusiasm and find it annoying.

However I do appreciate the fact that everyone has to learn one way or another and if you don't ask, you don't get (or learn in this case!)

Also, some of the questions are a little bit ridiculous. I am faced every day with scenarios where I get ripped off or whatever but I just use my common sense, follow my instincts and act accordingly.

"Ohnoes I went to a Sunday carvery and they didn't have the meats on that they advertised!" - Surely you would just follow your instincts. You either complain and refuse to pay or whatever or you can pay and just pass it off as a learning curve and never to eat there again. Why do you need to make a post about it on a forum?!

I went for a meal in an Italian on Samui one time...ordered soup and lasagne.

I waited for an hour...then was presented with a pizza.

I was fuming....and left in disgust....but was 10 mins later feeling a tad silly.

You have to remember where you are really....

I think the main frustration is that majority of people who post about things that have been asked a million times before fail to use the search function before asking the question. When the typical questions get asked a thousand times over its hard not to lose the enthusiasm and find it annoying.

However I do appreciate the fact that everyone has to learn one way or another and if you don't ask, you don't get (or learn in this case!)

Also, some of the questions are a little bit ridiculous. I am faced every day with scenarios where I get ripped off or whatever but I just use my common sense, follow my instincts and act accordingly.

"Ohnoes I went to a Sunday carvery and they didn't have the meats on that they advertised!" - Surely you would just follow your instincts. You either complain and refuse to pay or whatever or you can pay and just pass it off as a learning curve and never to eat there again. Why do you need to make a post about it on a forum?!

I disagree, if you have no interest or are bored with topics stay out of the thread, not too difficult is it?

Then when people search they will not have to sift through the moaning dross on the threads like "oh no not another sin sod thread"

The action of ignoring the thread also allows new members to have a little input......

Likewise with the overcharging, it doesn't bother me, I have my own way of avoiding it on most occasions, so I just tend to refrain from comment, but I may read the thread and make a mental note of the method utilised, again new members have current up to date experience information

I can understand the OP......why can people not just let the thread go?.........any ideas?.....and why should you leave Thailand just because you started a thread showing a little displeasure at blatant over charging....a bit harsh don't you think?

• Like 1

I disagree, if you have no interest or are bored with topics stay out of the thread, not too difficult is it?

Then when people search they will not have to sift through the moaning dross on the threads like "oh no not another sin sod thread"

The action of ignoring the thread also allows new members to have a little input......

Likewise with the overcharging, it doesn't bother me, I have my own way of avoiding it on most occasions, so I just tend to refrain from comment, but I may read the thread and make a mental note of the method utilised, again new members have current up to date experience information

I can understand the OP......why can people not just let the thread go?.........any ideas?.....and why should you leave Thailand just because you started a thread showing a little displeasure at blatant over charging....a bit harsh don't you think?

Well, I for one DO ignore these threads and let them go. I may read them out of boredom but I very rarely reply to a thread unless I have some input or advice. I'm not one for bashing a poster because of the question they asked, however I do acknowledge that the same silly questions get asked over and over again and some are ridiculous.

I do understand the point you are making but I think there is a point on both sides and no one is clearly right or wrong.

Well, I for one DO ignore these threads and let them go. I may read them out of boredom but I very rarely reply to a thread unless I have some input or advice. I'm not one for bashing a poster because of the question they asked, however I do acknowledge that the same silly questions get asked over and over again and some are ridiculous.

I do understand the point you are making but I think there is a point on both sides and no one is clearly right or wrong.

Have you ever seen the number of of times people post repetitive accusations of a poster of being a troll?..photos...charicatures...just makes a mess of....and extends the thread .....but I guess each to their own

How does that saying go?...........There are no silly questions just silly answers.......

I'm pleased you understand my point and that you act with common sense and compassion, if there were more such as you the thread would not have appeared....

I was fuming....and left in disgust....but was 10 mins later feeling a tad silly.

Too funny. I was told in another thread recently to "eat what they bring you and be happy about it" when presented with the same situation, or else I "should go home".

I believe this is a prime example of what the OP is referring to. Bunch of internet cowboys with nothing better to do than to piss on someone's Wheaties.

Too funny. I was told in another thread recently to "eat what they bring you and be happy about it" when presented with the same situation, or else I "should go home".

I believe this is a prime example of what the OP is referring to. Bunch of internet cowboys with nothing better to do than to piss on someone's Wheaties.

Thanks for that suggested image KeyserSoze01 ... it's 7am here, breakfast time ... sick.gif

I've gone off my weaties now ... toast maybe a safer option ... ermm.gif

Edited by David48

No I should have kept my calm....shook my head, laughed....and then bid them goodbye.

I often start my responses without a capital letter just to annoy people like you. But also because I feel that it indicates that as I am continuing a conversation that started without me, I wouldn't do the equivalent of jumping into a group of conversing conversationalists and start shouting. Some of us do think about form and style, egad, and only complain about perceived errors in other peoples' attempts to express themselves when they become difficult to understand. Innit?

Edited by cooked
  • Like 1

i reckon this is the ultimate question. but it is certainly not for us to answer

A negative post about negative posts.

I hate that.

I went to a shop once, they killed me, rifled my wallet went to my house and burnt it down.

Can't tell you which one it was but never go there! Don't say you weren't warned.

But it does make a nice change from all the touchy feely group hug love in twaddle being bandied about of late.

Not to mention hungry

• Like 1

It's only katharsis.

it accounts for 99% of threads here. Group hugs and other "we all love each others" events are only temporally breaks to forms alliances for ganging on future preys

Like laxative, not necessarily the most interesting or enticing thing to hear from others, but definitely good for you ;)

As per forum tradition, you need to be recognized as a peer before others accept to scoop it up ... seems like the OP is not quite there yet !

Good luck!