Bangkok Urges Crackdown On Public Transit

webfact

A crime against public transport? What the hell kind of a law is that? They are shooting guns, which is a crime normally, they shot someone, that is a crime normally. What will this crime against public transport cover other than all the other laws on the books. If I am shot sitting in a private car, does this make the crime less or more than on a public bus?

Looking at the state of the bus, it probably is a crime against the paying customers to call it a bus anyway.

They have such laws in the UK and even the British Transport Police, who are a somewhat separate division of the police.

No, it's not a lesser crime to be shot in car than a bus, but if there is lots of crime on public transport then they need to bring in extra laws and clamp down on it before it escalates completely out of control.

The UK does not have a national police service. There are constabularies based on counties or amalgams of counties. From memory there are arround 53 forces in the UK. Included in this are special forces like the British Transport police, who patrol the railways, stations and trains, but not local public buses and the Ministry of Defense police. Attacks on bus crews or car passengers in the UK would be investigated by the local constabulary not transport police.

I've been witness to, and even been caught in the middle of a couple of these vocational school gang fights over the years. It used to be they only carried sticks and at least no one got killed (and bystanders rarely got hurt), but now they carry guns?!! One more example of the decline of the country and its culture I guess. Just like everywhere.

My wife witnessed one of these gang fights last year in Pathumthani. She had our disabled son in the car and was lucky to be on the opposite side of the road and able to speed off. She heard several shots and also saw plenty of long bladed knives being flashed arroung. She guessed at between 30 to 40 youths involved, all in their uniforms.

CCTV still published in Thairath last Friday (25/05/12) showing the incident in Bangkok's Bangna district referred to in the OP.

Initially the rampaging technical students tried to get the no 129 bus driver to stop so they they could get at their targets in the bus, but when he refused they shot into the bus where a bank employee was injured by a stray bullet.

2ecen0y.jpg

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/263224

This is scary - that guns are so easily avialable and used wantonly.

who charges who here ??? if drunk-courts??? if drugs-courts??? firearms offences ??? murder ??? in court you are found guilty or not guilty, and sentenced passed, I thought Thai police charged you with whatever--and taken to court to answer then a verdict. Do the police act as judge and jury here in many cases, so they have the choice to hush up anything that they want--when money or coleagues are involved

The whole system could be described as an organised grey area.

CCTV still published in Thairath last Friday (25/05/12) showing the incident in Bangkok's Bangna district referred to in the OP.

Initially the rampaging technical students tried to get the no 129 bus driver to stop so they they could get at their targets in the bus, but when he refused they shot into the bus where a bank employee was injured by a stray bullet.

Last year they took to throwing home-made bombs on the bus too.

CCTV footage from last Friday's Bangna incident:

[media=]

[/media]

Last year they took to throwing home-made bombs on the bus too.

CCTV footage from last Friday's Bangna incident:

[media=]

[/media]

wow

I've been witness to, and even been caught in the middle of a couple of these vocational school gang fights over the years. It used to be they only carried sticks and at least no one got killed (and bystanders rarely got hurt), but now they carry guns?!! One more example of the decline of the country and its culture I guess. Just like everywhere.

They've always carried guns. They even make them in the workshops at school.

It's nothing new, they've always carried guns. They even make them in the workshops at school.

Apologies for double post.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

• 3 weeks later...

even in the west they donot charge, chargeing someone is up to the courts.

No its not...a court determines somes guilt or innocence based on evidence presented and if found guilty they decide the punishment....they do not charge somebody, a court of law is a vehicle for accountability....this is the reason for my comment orginally....a court does not charge anyone for murder....the police working in conjunction with a prosecutor lay the charge

you're correct

the police charge, the court convicts