Question About Flying Into Bangkok With A One Way Ticket And A Tourist Visa

I want to fly into Bangkok from London on a one way ticket and a tourist visa. I heard this can be tricky on some airlines. I flew KL-BKK last year with Air Asia and had no problems.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Would it make any difference if i got a 90 day non immigrant O Visa in London before i fly?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

It is not a problem with any type of visa (from Consulate) but if you are actually talking about 30 day visa exempt entry airline could refuse to allow boarding without proof of onward travel.

Yes, my bad. I meant 30 day visa exempt.

Anyone arrived on one without proof of onward travel?

Cheers

I do it 2/3 times a year.

Only one time from Australia they woulden't let me go.

I than showed them (checkin counter) a paper that states I work overseas and go back and forth to Thailand.

Than they let me go.

I was told the flight company can be fined 20 K USD if they allow a passenger to travel vithout proper papers.

From other places I never had a issue traveling on a oneway ticket without visa.

I will be buying a cheap ticket to Vientiane to resolve this problem. Mainly because I will have two stopovers this time and I can't be sure that the airline employées at each airport will know that I don't need a proof of further travel. Get a visa!