Police To Question Pop Star Justin Bieber Over Alleged Assault

News_Editor

Police to question pop star Justin Bieber over alleged assault < br />

2012-05-29 03:27:28 GMT+7 (ICT)

CALABASAS, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) -- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department investigators plan to question teenage pop star Justin Bieber after he allegedly hit a photographer at a shopping center near Los Angeles over the weekend, officials said on Monday.

Lieutenant Robert Wiard said the incident happened on Sunday afternoon when Bieber and his girlfriend, teen actress Selena Gomez, were visiting The Commons shopping center in Calabasas. Police responded after the photographer called 911, saying he had been assaulted by the singer.

"Shortly after deputies arrived, they contacted a man who told deputies that as he took pictures of Mr. Bieber, who was also in the company of actress Selena Gomez, he was physically battered by the singer," Wiard said on Monday. "The man stated that Mr. Bieber left with Miss Gomez prior to deputies' arriving on-scene."

The photographer complained of pain and requested medical attention, after which he was taken to an area hospital where he was treated for his injuries. "The victim requested a criminal report be taken regarding the incident and an allegation of misdemeanor Battery report was taken at the scene," Wiard added.

Investigators said they plan to question Bieber and Gomez about the incident and have asked witnesses to contact police.

According to gossip and entertainment news website TMZ.com, quoting unidentified witnesses, the scuffle happened after the photographer blocked Bieber's car as he and his girlfriend were trying to leave. Bieber got out of the car and asked the photographer to move away, which he allegedly refused.

Several witnesses also told TMZ.com that a lawyer approached the photographer after he had been hit and told him that he could get a lot of money out of the incident and advised him to call for an ambulance and file a police report. The website said the photographer complained of pain to his upper torso.

Bieber, who Forbes magazine recently named the third most powerful celebrity in the world, has sold more than 15 million albums since his debut nearly three years ago.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-05-29

Haha, if he me and I would say screw the lawyers and just commence to beat his scrawny little arse. Oh wait, is he a minor. If so, then okay, might have to hit him in the wallet, but this little dude us going to get his arse really hurt one day if he funds it okay to assault people for taking his picture.

I see this kid going totally eccentric inside his pop bubble, & in ten years he's living in a big house shaped like a giant glass swan, with his pet koala bears & gold statues of Rick Astley in every room.

• Like 1

Papparazi should all be shot.

Let me correct that for you

Papparazi Lawyers should all be shot

Ehhhh.. Them, their lawyers, people who buy the photos, people who look at the photos. People in the photos in some cases

I see this kid going totally eccentric inside his pop bubble, & in ten years he's living in a big house shaped like a giant glass swan, with his pet koala bears & gold statues of Rick Astley in every room.

Nice imagery.

I lent Rick Astley a fiver in 1985, never saw him again, wondered where he had got to.

Echo other comments, if I'd been beaten up by this twerp, I wouldn't make a song and dance about it either, next time JB makes a stage entry are they going to play the Rocky theme now.

I still rate Bob Mortimer's impression of Rick Astley on "vic reeves big night out" in 1990~ as one of the funniest things I ever saw on UK television.

smile.png

Edited by Yunla

Papparazi should all be shot.

Agree and they should just put it down to an occupational hazard. If they continually torment and harrass people and get a little slap from a kid then they deserve it. If you continually poke a dog it is eventually going to bite you.

• Like 2

Nice imagery.

I lent Rick Astley a fiver in 1985, never saw him again, wondered where he had got to.

Echo other comments, if I'd been beaten up by this twerp, I wouldn't make a song and dance about it either, next time JB makes a stage entry are they going to play the Rocky theme now.

whats the interest on that?

Daily Mail had an interesting set of photos from the event,

What guy would want to admit he was slapped while harasssing a kid wearing this outfit?

article-2150862-135410C1000005DC-405_634x819.jpg

Must have a partime job at the circus, nah Ronald McDonald has more dress sense.

• Like 1

Yeah I did the same thing with Terry Waite and John McCarthy. They soon disappeared the bastards.

Yeah I did the same thing with Terry Waite and John McCarthy. They soon disappeared the bastards.

But Terry Waite did do a good cover version of "Bicycle Race"

• Like 1

cheesy.gif

his mother still buys his clothes i recon,............even my mam would have better taste and she's 80 odd !..........looks like he's shat his pants too !

Nice imagery.

I always take the attitude that if I lend someone a fiver and never see them again, I got off light.

Nice imagery.

I always take the attitude that if I lend someone a fiver and never see them again, I got off light.

Yes, but, the standard background music in my local watering hole is the 80's channel on TrueVisions (214) so he still haunts me yet.

Actually, Rick is a really nice guy and the band he was in in the early 80's wrote some pretty good original music (he was the drummer, believe it or not) ......It's should be Stock, Aitken and Waterman that I have a gripe about.

the kid is on a date. He's trying to drive a car out of a parking lot. A &lt;deleted&gt; is blocking him. The dh won't move, even when asked. Good on you, Justin. I hope you got in a solid shot to the cojones.

Reminds me of a trend, long time ago, where punks would stand near the exit of famous peoples' driveways. When they see the car coming, they pretend they're walking by and - bam, they get hit by the 2 mph car. Just as quick, comes the high dollar lawsuit. Lawyers love that stuff.

There's a scene like that in the movie; 'CRIMINAL' .....great movie, btw.

the kid is on a date. He's trying to drive a car out of a parking lot. A &lt;deleted&gt; is blocking him. The dh won't move, even when asked. Good on you, Justin. I hope you got in a solid shot to the cojones.

Reminds me of a trend, long time ago, where punks would stand near the exit of famous peoples' driveways. When they see the car coming, they pretend they're walking by and - bam, they get hit by the 2 mph car. Just as quick, comes the high dollar lawsuit. Lawyers love that stuff.

There's a scene like that in the movie; 'CRIMINAL' .....great movie, btw.

Reminds me of the time, many years ago, when Billy Connolly was sued for assault by a paparazzi from a Sunday tabloid in the UK. At the time Connolly's marriage was breaking up and he was seeing another lady. The paparazzi guy kept ringing his doorbell on a Sunday morning and wouldn't take no for an answer. Eventually Billy came out and an 'altercation' took place. Evidence was given in court that Billy informed him that he "Hoped there was plenty of vaseline on that Nikon, cos it's going up your ass in a minute". Wonderful!