Book Swapping

cooked

is there any kind of book swapping network in Thailand? I thought that I could use a Kindle but apparently my brain can't handle something to read that doesn't have coffee stains on it.

Are you in Bangkok? Google "Book Crossers" for more info.

Bangkok Book Crossing Monday Evening Meeting Date: Monday June 4, 2012 Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Repeats: This event repeats every month on the first Monday. Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 6 days, 4 minutes. Location: Starbuck's on Soi Lang Suan Notes: Directions: Take the BTS to Chidlom Station, and follow exit 4 to the street level. Make a U-turn back to Soi Lang Suan, turn left, and walk 5-7 minutes (towards Silom).

Otherwise check out backpacker's guesthouses and your local farang bars, many have open shelves for that, strictly on the honor system.

Are you in Bangkok? Google "Book Crossers" for more info.

Bangkok Book Crossing Monday Evening Meeting Date: Monday June 4, 2012 Time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Repeats: This event repeats every month on the first Monday. Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 6 days, 4 minutes. Location: Starbuck's on Soi Lang Suan Notes: Directions: Take the BTS to Chidlom Station, and follow exit 4 to the street level. Make a U-turn back to Soi Lang Suan, turn left, and walk 5-7 minutes (towards Silom).

Otherwise check out backpacker's guesthouses and your local farang bars, many have open shelves for that, strictly on the honor system.

BookCrossing is a good system. I always leave my books around for people to read after I have finished. At the hotel i'm staying or somewhere there is a shelf of books.

Where are you located????

I will be serving a life sentence in Buriram August onwards.

As to the other comment, I often develope an emotional bond towards some books(some go on the fire), the fact that I can't ship my library over HURTS. I have a few tattered book-wrecks that have been over the world with me for 40 years or more