Going To My First Pattaya United Game On Sunday

hotandhumid

Sunday 6PM against top of the table Muang Thong.

As it's my first game I'm going in a bit blind, I would appreciate some heads up on a couple of things from anyone that has been to a game...

Is it easy to park there?

Is it necessary to get there early, or is 10 mins or so before KO ok?

Is there a 'best' stand to go for, I assume the one with the roof in case it rains? Would this stand get full up first?

I assume you just go to the stand and pay on the door, or do you go to a ticket office first?

How much is it to get in, just out of interest?

Should i go 'tooled up' could it kick off there with the opposition fans?

Any other pointers would be appreciated apart from the above

Cheers.

Edited by hotandhumid

Mate take your stanley with you in case you need a slash wink.png Why is it Pattaya Utd if it's Pattaya City's team ?

Stanley and knuckle duster in the back pocket for sure.

I have no idea what your question really means...

Edited by hotandhumid

I will assume you are serious. If you go by motor bike it is easy to park. With a car allow more time. It will cost 150 baht to sit in the covered side in the middle with plastic seats. 120 baht in the covered part on concrete. 100 baht on the other side with no cover. As you walk into the ground there is a table with two girls who will sell you a ticket and a programme too. Under the new stand there are girls selling merchandise. as is usual with football, trouble will not "kick off" unless you wish it too. Enjoy the game.

I don't understand this

I was taken to watch Pattaya U. on two occassions in 2010/2011....lots of Thais' cheered when three (respectable) farangs turned up, (and willingly budged-up)..... they could not have been friendlier..... it was a real joy to be at a soccer match where there was a carnival atmosphere......

So what has happened for me to be reading about people feeling the need to take weapons???....for Gods sake don't act like England (my home country).....

Chill-out...enjoy the match.... and don't get involved, if, perish the thought there should be any incidents

OR ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ??

I don't understand this

I was taken to watch Pattaya U. on two occassions in 2010/2011....lots of Thais' cheered when three (respectable) farangs turned up, (and willingly budged-up)..... they could not have been friendlier..... it was a real joy to be at a soccer match where there was a carnival atmosphere......

So what has happened for me to be reading about people feeling the need to take weapons???....for Gods sake don't act like England (my home country).....

Chill-out...enjoy the match.... and don't get involved, if, perish the thought there should be any incidents

OR ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ??

Yes, it's called having a British sense of humour. You yanks won't know about that.

Edited by hotandhumid

Sorry to disappoint you but I maybe more English than you

But just the same NOT funny

'More English' that's an interesting one..

So why did you say 'you guys' if you are English? Do you use any other Americanisms, such as 'jeez' 'too funny' 'cute' etc?