Itunes Gift Cards.

damo

Hi, I am in Australia and just bought a iPod touch 8gb for my SIL/nephew in Thailand online through the Apple store.co.th. I will need to help her understand how iTunes works and get her started with it.

Question? Do they have iTunes gift vouchers that I can buy online and give to her electronicly to just get her iTunes account going. If so are they in Thai baht? and could I buy one online in AUD from AUS?

Thanks.

Damo.

I use an online retailer and they only charge something like $1.25 over the price of the card. I used my Thai based credit card to buy it, and in a few minutes I had the card number.

Never used a gift voucher, perhaps that may work via itunes directly?

Hi, Thanks,

I have seen the gift cards in the Apple store.com.au but I could'nt navigate (cant read Thai)apple. co.th

thats OK, i have just found the Thai version of the payment information screen on the apple.co.th site does'nt allow for opening an account with a gift card like. this is how my daughter registered for iTunes here in Oz last week. without a creadit card.

I will push on, buying the iPod touch from apple.co.th was a bit of an experience, foriegn shipping address~~~Australian credit card paying. took a few e-mails to apple in Singapore but it's now on its way.

I believe there is no legitimate seller of itunes cards in Thailand (or for that matter in Singapore).

There is a shop in TukCom in Pattaya selling US cards at 100% markup, i.e. $25 card for 1590 baht

• 4 months later...

You can try mygiftcardsupply com . They are selling US iTunes Gift Card for the people from outside of USA. I have bought $50 iTunes Gift Card from them and I got deliver the code within a min in my Mailbox. If you want then they will send you a scanned copy of your card.

• 1 month later...

where can I buy a gift card thats VALID for a purchase in the Thai App store, most of the other country App stores claim thier gift card is only valid for the same country it was purchased in/

I also remember trying to gift an App to my friend in thailand and they could not recive it because it was from another country's app store

any idea's

I buy them on eBay.

The seller sends (via email) me the gift card number which I enter in the App store under my Apple Account ID and then I have a credit balance. This all can be done within minutes.

The important thing you should remember is .... if you want to buy apps from the US App store ... you need to have a US address on your Apple ID account. Any address is OK. nothing is mailed in any case.

So I have two Apple IDs at this moment ... one has a US address and the other has a Thai address. But so far I only download the free Apps from the Thai App store. And use the US App Store for the paid apps.

There may be a better way ... but this is what works for me.

Whilst we're on the ball here.

What would happen to my daughters Ipod, wifes IPhone and our IPad when we come over for a while. When We go to use them will we all be IPhucked?

you Ios Devices will all work fine, and they can access whatever app store the are registered in, No problem.

I'm still trying to put credit on my Thai app store account, using a source outside of thailand

• 9 months later...

Buying iTunes gift cards seems to have been largely automated these days. My US credit card stopped working as I had to change the address to my actual address in Thailand. iTunes store needs an address in the USA.

I found quite a few different vendors that seem legitimate. I try to avoid ebay but I found these guys:

http://www.offgamers.com

They have many different payment options, and they charge about $1 for a gift card. I just bought a $50 gift card from them for $51.65. That's more than fair IMO.

FWIW

• 9 months later...

^ Yes, my wife found this to be true. As there is no Apple store here my wife got her daughter in the U.S. to buy her a gift card to use to buy some stuff on Itunes here in Thailand. When the code is entered we get a message saying that the code is only valid in a U.S. Itunes storefront.

We also tried to buy a code online at a 20% markup from a place that was recommended by someone else on this forum and the code did not work and I have not been able to get my money back from the vendor... beware of purchasing online codes from other vendors.

Apple are idiots for running their stores the way they do. There are millions of I-devices here and if they would open a storefront or make it easier to shop online from countries like this they could make a lot more money.

I'll never buy an "I" anything again.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi, Thanks,

I have seen the gift cards in the Apple store.com.au but I could'nt navigate (cant read Thai)apple. co.th

thats OK, i have just found the Thai version of the payment information screen on the apple.co.th site does'nt allow for opening an account with a gift card like. this is how my daughter registered for iTunes here in Oz last week. without a creadit card.

I will push on, buying the iPod touch from apple.co.th was a bit of an experience, foriegn shipping address~~~Australian credit card paying. took a few e-mails to apple in Singapore but it's now on its way.

Hello!

You are able to buy iTunes cards online and then the codes get sent to you and you are able to use it right away. Since most things you can purchase from the US Store, you just make up an account with the US selected as the country and then purchase the iTunes giftcard. You don't need a credit card to make an account with them, since you can use the giftcard as the form of payment. The website that I use, has PayPal so it is secure and you can use your own credit card from wherever you are. I use itunes-giftcards.com and it is fast and easy.

Archived