Pcx 150 Alarm Remote

PETDCAT

I just got a PCX 150 yesterday for 77,000 from the shop near Chiang Mai Gate. When looking at the owners manual online in English it looks like it is supposed to come with a remote for the alarm system. From what a few people have said here it seems the built in alarm system leaves alot to be desired and may not be useful at all. But if it is supposed to come with a remote for the useless alarm I would like to have it. So the question is: When you bought your bike did it come with the remote or is this an extra ? Thanks.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bike should have a remote for the alarm, its better to have it than not, but also you need another alarm as these bikes are probably one of the most stolen bikes at the moment, I would suggest an Xena disk alarm.

77000!!! Keen price if that includes on the road and one years theft insurance!

I would pay that in a heart beat. All the dealers around Pattaya are asking 82900 or more.

Chiang Mai Gate is a fair hike to buy a bike though.

Anyone know of a dealer in Bangkok or close by that has price on or near 77k?

I am ready to buy.

I would pay that in a heart beat. All the dealers around Pattaya are asking 82900 or more.

I am ready to buy.

No specific dealer in mind for you to check out but last I was in Bangkok a couple weeks ago most Honda dealers had the PCX150 in stock going price was around 72-74k - add your insurance, etc. and I think you will be at the 77k mark. Pattaya is not the place to purchase a PCX150 unless your money is no concern, there are to many EXPATS living here that is driving the price up and most are buying which will keep the price high till the market saturates a little.

Edited by commande

I am ready to buy.

No specific dealer in mind for you to check out but last I was in Bangkok a couple weeks ago most Honda dealers had the PCX150 in stock going price was around 72-74k - add your insurance, etc. and I think you will be at the 77k mark. Pattaya is not the place to purchase a PCX150 unless your money is no concern, there are to many EXPATS living here that is driving the price up and most are buying which will keep the price high till the market saturates a little.

That sounds like a pretty low price for Bangkok. How many dealers did you visit to come to the conclusion that most had it from 72-74k? Thanks.

Brian

I am ready to buy.

That sounds like a pretty low price for Bangkok. How many dealers did you visit to come to the conclusion that most had it from 72-74k? Thanks.

Brian

Well Brian, what is your price? I am a motivated buying and waiting for a place to be mentioned where I can spend my baht.

I am ready to buy.

Brian

Well Brian, what is your price? I am a motivated buying and waiting for a place to be mentioned where I can spend my baht.

85k on the road price (includes tax, registration, 3rd person insurance, one year of theft insurance, helmet, and windbreaker)

Well, seeing I can get one in Sattahip for 82.5k (sans helmet, and windbreaker), I'd have to say no to that.

I'll keep looking.

We just bought one in Bowin some 25 km's from Pattaya for 77.5 kbath including everything. I think a few expats from Pattaya have bought there and they deliver the bike right to your door step for free.

Yes dealer in Bowin are very nice people to do business with, I was back yesterday to get my red plate changed and collect my book plus 2 year theft insurance, I would recommend them.

Any dealer charging 85000 is ripping off the customer.

I just done a app. 30 km trip in Pattaya and Jomtien today and I was using the auto stop function on some of the trip but switched it off in central Pattaya as the bike was starting and stopping all the time. Do you PCX owners use the function all the time or do you do like me?

I don't think its good for the battery with all that starting and lights on with stopped engine.

As a side note; the PCX is way more comfortable than our Fino, a 30 km trip will give me a sore arse on the Fino but no problems on the PCX with standard seat as well.

I just done a app. 30 km trip in Pattaya and Jomtien today and I was using the auto stop function on some of the trip but switched it off in central Pattaya as the bike was starting and stopping all the time. Do you PCX owners use the function all the time or do you do like me?

I don't think its good for the battery with all that starting and lights on with stopped engine.

As a side note; the PCX is way more comfortable than our Fino, a 30 km trip will give me a sore arse on the Fino but no problems on the PCX with standard seat as well.

Up to you in regards to the Auto Stop function. It was designed for traffic in mind, don't think you have to worry about the battery going dead. I owned a PCX for almost a year, pre 150cc model and always used the function and never had any sort of battery draining issue. It does save gas, Honda claims around 20% overall, you waste fuel sitting at stop lights idling. Even when I am riding my Versys around I turn off the engine at the stop lights, might not save lots of gas but something is better than nothing and the heat coming off my bike is high so it helps.

Your call, don't think you will have any issue. I even turn my Nuovo off at stop lights in Pattaya.

Edited by commande

Yes dealer in Bowin are very nice people to do business with, I was back yesterday to get my red plate changed and collect my book plus 2 year theft insurance, I would recommend them.

Any dealer charging 85000 is ripping off the customer.

Well they are still flying out the door as fast as they come in, even at 85k. It is a free market and dealers are free to set prices as they see fit. If you don't like our prices, you are free to shop around and find a better one. That's the beauty of the free market system. I think it is a bit unfair to say I'm ripping people off. With all the extras our price is actually closer to 80k. I also reckon that operating expenses are higher for shops in the Bangkok area than they are for shops 25km south of Pattaya.

Edited by SumetCycle

I don't like your prices and 5 other friends also bought in Bowin, you guys are charging over list and in my book that's a rip off, when I buy a new car or bike I expect to pay list or less not more.

Great, I'm glad you found a dealer and price that are right for you. Yes, we charge over the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the key word being "suggested". It's hardly a rip off though. If I can easily sell a bike for 85k, why in the world would I drop the price to 77.5k? Sorry, but I run a successful business, not a charity. Best of luck with your new bike. Let us know if you ever need anything.

I doubt the dealer in Bowin is a charity, he is just a dealer selling at recommended retail price, funny how you all seam to get the price to 85000 baht.I doubt I will require your services as I don't like being ripped off.

Truth is many dealers are selling at 85000 so even shopping around many potential buyers are not aware of the true suggested retail price, they just think the hiked price of 85000 is list.

Strange how so many dealers come up with the price of 85000 baht ?.

I'm sure Honda build in a decent margin for retailers at the suggested retail price, that's why I think its a ripoff.

Selling above MSRP is not a rip off, it's simply selling above MSRP. Some businesses have higher expenses, while others have lower expenses. This is reflected in the sticker price. Where do you think you would get a better deal on say a new Ducati, Manhattan or upstate New York? Manhattan of course, because it costs a lot more to operate a business there. Get it yet? So please stop slandering by business by saying I'm ripping people off.

I'm not slandering your business, I'm just pointing out that selling over list when the manufactures give you a margin from that recommended list price is a rip off, buy a Ducati in London or the Highlands of Scotland list price is list price, and then its about negotiating a discount from list, get it yet.

Read the posts, I said any dealer charging 85000 baht is ripping people off, I never mentioned you, I expressed my opinion, sorry I thought that was what this forum was for Get it Yet

Edited by ianthai

Yes, you stated that right after I posted my price of 85k. It was pretty clear that you were lumping me in with "any dealer charging 85k" and implying that I was ripping people off. You are free to your opinion, which is why I debated you and didn't report you to the mods. It's not what you said, it's how you said it. Your prices are too high. That's ok. Why do you charge so much? That's ok too. Implying that I rip people off is pure slander. This is getting silly anyway. I've clearly stated my case and have nothing more to say. I was just trying to defend my company's reputation, which I will always do. At any rate, no hard feelings on this end.

I just picked up my PCX for 75,900 out the door with insurance a free helmet and Honda backpack, it was from Neyom Honda here in Chiang Mai, i put a thousand baht down and i guess that lock in the price from 7 weeks ago, i had brought 85,000 with me because i was sure i was going to have to pay big time i was nicely surprised that they held to the locked in price and it didn't hurt that my sister in law knew the manager. so far i love the bike it goes very well off the line and even with me and my wife on it ( i weigh 215lbs) i use the idle kill and see no problem with any battery issue and I'm surprised how flawlessly it goes with just a twist of the throttle. I was looking at the Mai Thai website and love all the accessories that i can get (wife is rolling here eyes back at the mention of the place) is there a similar place like that here in Chiang Mai? would appreciate any help finding accessories!