Australian Working Holiday Visa

:o I have just looked into the Thai Embassy website and found out that as of the 12th Sept 05 Australians aged between 18-30 can now apply for a work/holiday visa that is valid for 1 yr.

The requirements are you need to have tertiary qualifications (fulltime no less then 3 yrs worth)

What exactly is meant by tertiary? Does this mean a University degree?

My understanding of Tertiary is anything study after leaving school for example completing a TAFE course.

Can anyone give me suggestions, or maybe have been through the process before?

Cheers

Doonagirl

I would suggest you contact a Royal Thai Consulate in Australia as they will be the people having to provide the guidelines. This is a very new program and have not seen anyone post about it yet.

:o Thanks I will do that......just thought someone else may have gone through the process and could give some pointers.

• 3 weeks later...

I was meaning to contact the Consulate in Sydney today for some more information, but being a hectic work day... well. Maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, has anyone received one of these visas or know anyone with one of these visas? I'm under the impression you don't need a work permit, but you have to do visa runs... of course, if nobody knows anything about it, it doesn't matter :o

Where they specify tertiary education of no less than 3 years, that's either a degree or certain Advanced Diploma from TAFE, I think.

I rang the Embassy today and they said that with one of these visas there is no need for a work permit and that full time study can also be done on this visa. The visa type is B-A and valid for a year, reporting every 90 days to Immigration. The contact couldn't answer if I was allowed to work at the same employer in 3 month break periods, though!