3 Waving Motorcyclists

MassivePuffin

This morning I was waved at by three men on motorbikes as left my bank on Suthep Road. I did not know these men. I was surprised later when I met a friend and he told me exactly the same thing had happened to him last Wednesday, around midday, in the Tha Pae gate area. The description he gave me was exactly the same as the profile I had written down. I was even more surprised when he told me a friend of his has a similar encounter last Tuesday. It seemed like it was the same three men.

The men had one motorbike each, with no pillion riders. The bikes they were riding all appeared to be Honda Dreams. Though one could have been a Honda wave. It was difficult to tell whether they were foreign or large Thai as they were all wearing full face helmets with tinted visors. If I had to guess I would say they were foreign. Each was dress casually in T-shirts and shorts. I didn't have a chance to see their foot wear but my friend is sure they were wearing sandals (possibly Croc style). One of them had a blue backpack, which he was also wearing last Wednesday.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

I think it's the notorious wave at a farang gang, who have been waving and terrorising people in Chiang Mai for some time. However, without a definite ID on the footwear I can't be sure.

Did they speak with French accents?

• Like 1

The exact same thing happened to me last night as I rode down Loi Kroh. Three people waved at me. They weren't on motorbikes, though. They were standing by a pool table in a bar. And they weren't men, but were women and I'm sure they were Thai. They did not wear sandals, but high heels. They all three yelled at me, calling me by name, only it wasn't my real name, but my alias, "Handsome Man." A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen to him the day before.

• Like 1

You guys may laugh BUT ... if the OP was walking away from BKKB on Suthep Road it's likely the perps were acknowledging the ABSOLUTELY HOT AS HELL LITTLE BABE of a personal ... w .... banker! OMG ... she is awesome. [Waiver, nearly as pretty as my wife]

I waved at a toddler in A/P OTOP food court today.... in Australia you can be be arrested for that!

OP, pay no heed to those who mock your apprehensive state. for im afraid to alert you that you have been "marked". those 3 guys are part of the underground network of illegal organ sales that is ever growing in thailand, in SEA. it might not be today or tomorrow, or even this week, but soon they will find you and take what they need...

Edited by samsara

Your lucky your not riding in the US where, for some long lost reason, one is obliged, when riding a motorcycle, to wave at all other oncoming motorcyclists. As one who learned to ride up in the hills of Chinag Mai, I found it rather awkward in the beginning, then accepted it for a few years, but now only wave on the more lonesome byways.

The exact same thing happened to me last night as I rode down Loi Kroh. Three people waved at me. They weren't on motorbikes, though. They were standing by a pool table in a bar. And they weren't men, but were women and I'm sure they were Thai. They did not wear sandals, but high heels. They all three yelled at me, calling me by name, only it wasn't my real name, but my alias, "Handsome Man." A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen to him the day before.

Did he have the same alias?

My mummy used to tell me; beware of strange men that dress casually in T-shirts and shorts and that wave at me.

Well, they were riding a Honda wave, an apt name I think. Lucky it wasn’t a Honda dream, as only god knows what the out come may have been?

post-110219-0-95268200-1338402632_thumb.

I can confirm this has happened to me, about 5 days ago if memory serves.

Though it was by the intersection by wawee coffee on sunday market street. I actually thought they were Pillionist and taking the piss out of me. Makes me feel better that it's not only me.

And I did actually notice one of them were wearing crocs shoes as mentioned by the op.