House V Apartment, Best Place To Live

Bangkokhatter

Actually been out driving around my area ( Bang-na-Sinarkarin ) the last couple of days and there is not many houses in my price range with shared pool etc. Some nice new moo baans around but these are for sale only atm and bloody pricey !

If having a pool available is a key criteria, find that first - either a hotel with liberal outside-use policy 50B or free for bar/restaurant customers, or a those open to the public in the first place.

Then walk the neighborhood.

The ones already fixed up to be suitable for high-end rental (western standard appearance) will be poor value, especially with flash facilities, greenery, furniture etc definitely same cost per sm as high-end condos. Assuming you'll be there for a while, find a place that doesn't look great, perhaps been used as a shophouse or even light industrial, and then negotiate with the landlord to share in the fix up costs, or low enough rent just pay for the fitting up yourself.

Say a nice-looking place would be 20K, but one that looks run down is 12K, and you plan to be there for at least three years. You've got a budget of nearly 300K for painting, screens & drapes, electric upgrades etc - and by choosing what you want done yourself it'll be to your taste and done properly. Just make sure its in the contract that you can remove any fixtures you add, A/C, kitchen benches whatever. BTW HomePro has decent stainless modular kitchen sink/benches/stove units that stand alone, don't need fixing to the walls, easy to take with you when you go.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh sorry Im such a ditz I should have realized

Of course I heard of that latin word, just forgot

Can I ask a personal favor? Could you change your avatar graphic to something a little less sick-making?

I found this, maybe you'd like it?

That's too one dimensional for me sorry

How can Uriel make you sick ?