Mail Help

I have to mail a check to the United States to a Post Office Box. I need it to be registered or certified mail. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I would wire the money but I don’t think Western Union will wire to a PO box.

I have to mail a check to the United States to a Post Office Box. I need it to be registered or certified mail. Can anyone tell me how to do this.

It's not really any different than it would be if you were to do the same thing in the States: go to a post office branch and send your envelope registered, preferably by EMS as well.

I have to mail a check to the United States to a Post Office Box. I need it to be registered or certified mail. Can anyone tell me how to do this.

It's not really any different than it would be if you were to do the same thing in the States: go to a post office branch and send your envelope registered, preferably by EMS as well.

If I'm not mistaken, you can do one or the other, that is EMS or REGISTERED Mail, but not both together. EMS is for speed and REGISTERED mail is for security. Check with local PO. If mailing from US you can only do one of these services. They are both suppose to track able.

If I'm not mistaken, you can do one or the other, that is EMS or REGISTERED Mail, but not both together.

You could be right. I've received mail from Thailand while in the States that was registered, but I don't recall that it was also sent EMS. If it were me and I had to choose between the two services, I think I would opt to send a personal check to the States by EMS since a check itself has no intrisic value.

I hope you know the other end of this transaction as I would never mail a check to a PO box (unless it was my bank). :o

A PO box is a lot safer than home delivery. When your letter arrives it is delivered to PO box in the PO, while a

home deliver is delivered to a mail box out on the street or attached to the home. Possible subject to theft.

I hope you know the other end of this transaction as I would never mail a check to a PO box (unless it was my bank). :o

A PO box is a lot safer than home delivery. When your letter arrives it is delivered to PO box in the PO, while a

home deliver is delivered to a mail box out on the street or attached to the home. Possible subject to theft.

You misunderstand. People use PO Box address to avoid the police when they scam people and plan to vanish. It is never, ever safe to send money to an unknown PO Box address.

You misunderstand. People use PO Box address to avoid the police when they scam people and plan to vanish. It is never, ever safe to send money to an unknown PO Box address.

Yes Lopburi3, that is true, but almost all financial institutions use a PO box for USPS deliveries.

As I said, except to my bank. But the original poster mentioned sending money order so it does not appear to be a bank deposit and wanted to alert him to be careful as some of us look at a magazine or internet advertisement and put a little too much trust into a pretty display and wind up with a cashed check, missing product and no way to contact the party involved. PO Box address are not to be trusted unless you know the business or person. And if you don't it should be a red flag when used with no other address verification.

As I said, except to my bank. But the original poster mentioned sending money order so it does not appear to be a bank deposit and wanted to alert him to be careful as some of us look at a magazine or internet advertisement and put a little too much trust into a pretty display and wind up with a cashed check, missing product and no way to contact the party involved. PO Box address are not to be trusted unless you know the business or person. And if you don't it should be a red flag when used with no other address verification.

I agree. Based on the original post, it says nothign about it being a financial institution; my guess is that it is a purchase for something. UPS or FEDEX is a better option, as it is tracked and signed for; the cost for documents is pretty reasonable as well. Then you know and have proof of WHO picked it up at the other end.

I agree. Based on the original post, it says nothign about it being a financial institution; my guess is that it is a purchase for something. UPS or FEDEX is a better option, as it is tracked and signed for; the cost for documents is pretty reasonable as well. Then you know and have proof of WHO picked it up at the other end.

Thanks for the info. It is a payment for my Condo fee and they use a PO Box. I didn't think Fedex or UPS could go to a post office box

If you have a US Bank account and this is going to be more than a one time deal would strongly suggest making a monthly debit/payment rather than depending on checks arriving on due dates. It takes the pressure off and can help your credit rating as all it takes is a missed check to start those number crunchers to worry that we have become a deadbeat.

Note that 1040 ES payments (quarterly estimated tax payments, Q4 due 17 Jan) get mailed to the IRS at Post Office Box(es). AFAIK, only the USPS can deliver mail to post office boxes, so no FEDEX, UPS, etc.?