New "smart Purse" Cards...anyone Tried It Yet?

are these new "Smart Purse" cards that you can buy at a Seven-Eleven store any good?

I understand that the first card costs B250 and you can use it at various stores around Bangkok for payment...and you can reload the card in B200 increments....you also get "one point" for every B10 spent....not sure what you can trade the points for...

will these cards also be useable for use on the subway and the skytrain (like the "Octopus Card" in Hong Kong)??

are these new "Smart Purse" cards that you can buy at a Seven-Eleven store any good?

I understand that the first card costs B250 and you can use it at various stores around Bangkok for payment...and you can reload the card in B200 increments....you also get "one point" for every B10 spent....not sure what you can trade the points for...

will these cards also be useable for use on the subway and the skytrain (like the "Octopus Card" in Hong Kong)??java script:emoticon(':D',%20'smid_4')

I have used the equivalent in Japan (called Edy Card). Found it very convenient at an amusement park as it meant no fumbling with small change or notes. In Shanghai, my e-travel card could be used for bus, taxi and subway fares, very, very convenient. The inconvenience is having to top up the cards :o

Electronic money is a convenience/alternative and good depends on many factors, but it's down to whether you prefer this/ready to accept or handling cash and the number of establishments able to process e-money cards/mobiles. Any fringe benefits depends on the operators of the cards/mobiles.