PAD Continues Rally Against Reconciliation Bills

webfact

Not to forget that Thaksin told that Democracy is just a tool to get power.

<deleted> This sentence gets bastardized so much it's like a TVF version of Chinese whispers.

Bastardizing or paraphrasing? I believe it was something like "democracy is not my main goal". Whatever the exact words were, doesn't change the fact that it was a dumb thing to say, and when politicians say something dumb, people will be inclined to remember.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The yellow shirts need to stop rioting and form a political party. Take their case to the people at election time.

Unfortunately, they know they are outnumbered and besides, mob rule has proven effective.

Just what the Red Shirts need to do.

The difference is the yellow shirts riot when they lose.

The red shirts riot when they win and the election gets stolen.

What stolen election? TS was no longer legally PM yet refused to leave office.

He means the election before the military decided to tear up the constitution and make their own laws.

Edited by Time Traveller

Thaksin: 'democracy Is Not My Goal'

PM'S DECLARATION:'Democracy is not my goal'

Thaksin suggests he'll block any move for amendments to rein in his power

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday revealed for the first time the value he places on democracy, saying it was not the foremost thing Thailand needed.

"Democracy is a good and beautiful thing, but it's not the ultimate goal as far as administering the country is concerned," he said. "Democracy is just a tool, not our goal. The goal is to give people a good lifestyle, happiness and national progress."

"Democracy is a vehicle," Thaksin said. "We can't drive a Rolls-Royce to a rural village and solve people's problems. A pickup truck or good off-road car will do. We just need to think carefully and make the right choices."

The yellow shirts need to stop rioting and form a political party. Take their case to the people at election time.

Unfortunately, they know they are outnumbered and besides, mob rule has proven effective.

Just what the Red Shirts need to do.

The difference is the yellow shirts riot when they lose.

The red shirts riot when they win and the election gets stolen.

The yellow shirts don't riot when they lose, they riot when the government try to whitewash Thaksin's crimes.

Sent from my shoe phone

It would be good form for the yellow side to start a political party and take their case to the voters.

He means the election before the military decided to tear up the constitution and make their own laws.

I asked another poster to justify this "casual lie" that the junta "tore up" the constitution. The only amendments I am aware of increased anti-corruption measures after removing a hugely corrupt regime, and removed the elitist rule installed by them that a degree must be held to be an MP.

I'm sure that you won't weasel out like he did and inform me of the additional changes or amendments that justify the description "tear up".

I asked another poster to justify this "casual lie" that the junta "tore up" the constitution. The only amendments I am aware of increased anti-corruption measures after removing a hugely corrupt regime, and removed the elitist rule installed by them that a degree must be held to be an MP.

I'm sure that you won't weasel out like he did and inform me of the additional changes or amendments that justify the description "tear up".

Ah yes, corruption, the old justification for the military to take control of things again - for the 18th time. Obviously you've forgotten that corruption actually flourished when Abhisit was PM. Corruption is terrible if it goes to the wrong people, but when the military get their cut, then everything is fine.

The military are very good at propoganda and deceptive tactics to gather popular support. The fact is they and everyone else knows there was nothing worng with the previous constitution. The changes were just red herrings to explain their actions to a gullible public that knows what military crackdowns are like.

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1

It would be good form for the yellow side to start a political party and take their case to the voters.

They should do it quickly before Thailand becomes a one-party state.

Which is what TS wants with him as the dictator.

Have you given up on Khun Abhisit and the Democrat Party then?

Which is what TS wants with him as the dictator.

A fair election with the losers behaving themselves is the only way forward. Agreed?

Not to forget that Thaksin told that Democracy is just a tool to get power.
"Democracy is a good and beautiful thing, but it's not the ultimate goal as far as administering the country is concerned," he said. "Democracy is just a tool, not our goal. The goal is to give people a good lifestyle, happiness and national progress."

"Democracy is a vehicle," Thaksin said. "We can't drive a Rolls-Royce to a rural village and solve people's problems. A pickup truck or good off-road car will do. We just need to think carefully and make the right choices."

<deleted> This sentence gets bastardized so much it's like a TVF version of Chinese whispers.

Bastardizing or paraphrasing? I believe it was something like "democracy is not my main goal". Whatever the exact words were, doesn't change the fact that it was a dumb thing to say, and when politicians say something dumb, people will be inclined to remember.

Thaksin's said some real "<deleted>? What a moron" things in his time ( like the Tak Bai protesters being weak from fasting ) there's nothing at all in Thaksin's statement that can be read as "Democracy is just a tool to get power"

Edited by mca

Thaksin's said some real "<deleted>? What a moron" things in his time ( like the Tak Bai protesters being weak from fasting ) there's nothing at all in Thaksin's statement that can be read as "Democracy is just a tool to get power"

Sentiments seem quite closely related to me.

And even if the "junta constitution" was accepted in a public referendum.

"The peoples constitution" (as they call the 1997 constitution) had never passed any public referendum.

Have you given up on Khun Abhisit and the Democrat Party then?

I look at all political parties with a healthy degree of cynicism, with the current exception of PTP which generates nothing but disgust.

^^We'll have to agree to disagree on that one then rix mate. smile.png

Perhaps what we can agree on is that he definitely was saying "democracy is a tool...". The bit following on about "...just to get power" is where some artistic license comes in.

Do we have a deal? wink.png

• Like 1

Ah yes, corruption, the old justification for the military to take control of things again - for the 18th time. Obviously you've forgotten that corruption actually flourished when Abhisit was PM. Corruption is terrible if it goes to the wrong people, but when the military get their cut, then everything is fine.

The military are very good at propoganda and deceptive tactics to gather popular support. The fact is they and everyone else knows there was nothing worng with the previous constitution. The changes were just red herrings to explain their actions to a gullible public that knows what military crackdowns are like.

Corruption didn't "flourish" while Abhisit was PM. The perception of corruption increased, and given that the "Perception Index" is worked out from reports over previous years, it indicates that people became more aware of corruption following Thaksin's years, the coup years, and the PPP year.

Corruption didn't "flourish" while Abhisit was PM. The perception of corruption increased, and given that the "Perception Index" is worked out from reports over previous years, it indicates that people became more aware of corruption following Thaksin's years, the coup years, and the PPP year.

I don't think anyone could step into the PMs job and do anything drastic about corruption, so endemic and widespread it is. The best we can hope for, for a Thai PM is that firstly, they stay clean whilst leading the country, and secondly, they make sure those around them stay clean or get kicked out.

Abhisit certainly did the first thing, and the second thing, whilst not perfect, he did make some progress on, with a few instances of politicians, such as Apirak, stepping down whilst investigations were ongoing. Progress of sorts and better than what had gone before.

which had a lot to do with the press no longer being afraid of lengthy and multiple defamation cases which flourished under (and by)Thaksin

Of course corruption flourished under abhisit in fact ever since the coup the country has slid backwards.

Haven't noticed?

Remember newin chitchom's bjp party control of construction and railway highway projects and the corruption coming to light?

Suthep and the missing cooking oil in the shops and the canals dug in the south to smuggle palm oil from malaysia. 5000 officials implicated.

Sathorn abhisit throwing onto the street businesses that have been there years so he can build luxury condos.

Thaksin wife's land deal sold on for a song to their friends.

No you only read the news that fits.

Hey that's why you're here reading the "not the nation" hysteria.

At my club an elderly American he's reading the nation and the staff laughing because they say of the paper "it's all lies"

Of course corruption flourished under abhisit in fact ever since the coup the country has slid backwards.

Haven't noticed?

Remember newin chitchom's bjp party control of construction and railway highway projects and the corruption coming to light?

Suthep and the missing cooking oil in the shops and the canals dug in the south to smuggle palm oil from malaysia. 5000 officials implicated.

Sathorn abhisit throwing onto the street businesses that have been there years so he can build luxury condos.

Thaksin wife's land deal sold on for a song to their friends.

No you only read the news that fits.

Hey that's why you're here reading the "not the nation" hysteria.

At my club an elderly American he's reading the nation and the staff laughing because they say of the paper "it's all lies"

Total it all up - if it exceeds B46 billion, you may have a point.

At my club ared shirts are believing everything TS, YS, PTP, UDD, red shirts & black shirts tell them and the staff laughing because they say of those goups "it's all lies"