Kbank Atm Tesco Building Chumphon Warning Warning Warning!

Day 1 I went to above and tried to make a withdrawal with my KBank Visa card. Everything proceeding as per usual until a whirring sound from the guts of the machine (suggesting the cash was stuck inside) and finally ATM informs me 'transaction cancelled' - no receipt, then machine becomes comatose. So I go to Chumphon Kbank, tell the staff of my problem: card works fine in ATM there, but that was not the problem.

Day 5 go back to Chumphon KBank with passbook, to update. Sure enough, money was deducted despite 'transaction cancelled'. Go to consult bank staff, get connected via telephone to pleasant English-speaking person, outline problem, am asked for receipt etc. Am told investigation will take 1 day (I suspect a week is more reasonable estimate) but no change (now day 10).

OK, I am being a whingeing aussie bastard but this is the first time I have had an ATM problem (of the non swallowing-card style) in 25+ countries. Just as well I only asked robbie the conniving green ATM robot for 2kB, rather than the 20kB max. Grrrr.... AA

My USA debit card no longer works in Bangkok Bank ATM's. All I get is a message, "data not complete on card, call your bank". When I asked a bank employee for a possible problem I was told "unoffically" that Bangkok Bank will no longer accept foreign debit cards in any of their ATM's. At least the ATM spit the card out. Works at K Bank as well as others so I have to assume it's BBK bank policy.

Had the same happen in Hong Kong at a Standard Chartered bank. Reported it to the branch next door. Got a full refund. (I used to work for NCR and know the computer records everything - so you really need them to look at the freaking log rolleyes.gif )