Police Stopped Me Yesterday...

doppa

On topic - I first drove in Thailand in 1968-1969 but with a military vehicle so I could pretty much turn anyway I wanted.

laugh.png

No songtell's back then......bet you scared the som tam out of those state of the art samlor drivers.

Surprisingly there were baht buses then and one baht. They plied the route from Ban Chang, Kilosip area (Utapao), to Sattihip. I remember being tossed into the back of one after a bit too much Mekhong whiskey and Singha mixes. biggrin.png

Not my photo but from 1969:

ut-dennis-allyn-main-gate-1969.jpg

Utapao photos

And another one:

45840454.JimmyMcAulayBahtBus.jpg

Source

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are us un-educated people who can't read thai suppose to do ?

Learn to read Thai.

If you can't read Thai road signs, you shouldn't be driving in Thailand.

Is that so 13.gif, i didn't realize that one of the conditions of driving in Thailand was that you had to be able to read Thai 30.gif

It's not however, it is a condition that you can recognise road signs. There are many signs that are only in Thai and you only have to memorise them.

Considering that most drivers on the road could not care less what the signs say or road rules are, i really do not see a point of worrying.

Just follow the rest and you will be fine, the moment you try to "re-invent the wheel" you start to have problems

If police want to stop you, do not worry they do not need an excusethumbsup.gif

PS. Doctors also suppose to speak/read/write English as well as some Latin, and yet vast majority of local Docs can not even string 3 words together and yet it does not stop them from practicing medicine

Edited by phl

Note: one-baht bus will only be displayed properly in previous post after having logged on explicitly into the Thaivisa site ...

Some 4 year olds have difficulty catching the one-baht bus in the morning at 07.00 hours.

Then a much more expensive car will need to follow approximately the same route but one hour and a half later for reaching the exact destination at 09.00 hours.

Quite a complicated mess, but a pleasant one ; - )

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic comment removed