Yellow Shirt Protests Force House To Adjourn Indefinitely

webfact

Yes, being an accessory to a crime is illegal. But associating with a known criminal is not. If it was illegal, then Donald Rumsfeld would be in jail for shaking hands with Saddam Hussein.

If you can prove that these people you're accusing of being accomplices were actually present and aided Thaksin when he committed his crimes, then you'd have an argument to stand on. Otherwise, you're getting all worked up over something that is generally frowned upon, but it most normal countries, wouldn't drive people to hijack congress.

you are confusing the terms "known criminal" and "fugitive criminal". Aiding and abetting a fugitive is a crime.

Then who is doing the prosecuting? Surely any knowledgeable lawyer sympathetic to the yellow-shirt cause could start prosecuting, since these people should be in jail.

Little hard to do when the government is happy to interfere with the lawwink.png

Really? Please show me an example of a lawyer or anyone of legal stature setting up a prosecution to jail these accessories to a known fugitive of the law. And show me an example of this person being blocked by members of the current government. You give me that, and I'll jump right in there with the yellow shirts.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well at least we can now see the yellow shirts for what they really are.

If there is a coup it will be the second time that a democratically elected government is removed with the help of the army and the conservative forces that cannot bear any other party having power.

I think until the military is brought to heel this country is a basket case.

I would arrest the lot of them (yellow shirts) and put them to work on prison farms.

Most of them are government servants and a few months of hard work would do them good, lazy ba$^erds!

Given that there have been something like 18 coups in Thailand, probably more than 2 democratically elected governments that have been removed. If you are referring to the last coup, it didn't overthrow an elected government.

Sent from my shoe phone

Oh, so the police just set up the roadblocks for no reason, it had nothing to do with the protest.

Also, the Redshirts didn't blockade the center of Bangkok two years ago, it was the police road blocks.

Has the direction to disperse being issued? Have protesters assaulted anyone? Have they produced any kind of weapons? Have they threatened to physically hurt anyone?

Have they stormed any hospital or shopping mall?

So far all they have done is demonstrate. They have not forced occupation of any hospital, TV station, set up tire encampments with sharp sticks and moltoff cocktails, not held up a baby as a sheild, or even set a mall on fire! Seems all these things listed are what the members of the Govt that was "Voted in" have done. Someone mentioned that us Farang should not say anything because it has not made a difference to us???? I know I married into a family that relys some on on Govt pensions, and I also travel to Bangkok for medical reasons, as well as shopping so it affects eveyone who lives in Thailand. I am also not one to go to normal tourist areas, as someone should deport all Farang, I live in a smaller Village, and I am the only American I know of close to here, and can say I love my retirement here, the people treat me really great, and yes this all affects my life as well! Personnally,I am woried of the outcome, as I worry how it may devide families, friends and bussiness, with all that is happening!

• Like 1

Really? Please show me an example of a lawyer or anyone of legal stature setting up a prosecution to jail these accessories to a known fugitive of the law. And show me an example of this person being blocked by members of the current government. You give me that, and I'll jump right in there with the yellow shirts.

Why do not you do your own research, google is your friend so is search function on this forumthumbsup.gif

So far i have seen nothing but an obvious troll questions from you without so much as half intelligent debaterolleyes.gif

Oh, so the police just set up the roadblocks for no reason, it had nothing to do with the protest.

Also, the Redshirts didn't blockade the center of Bangkok two years ago, it was the police road blocks.

Deliberate lies are against forum rules. There is ample evidence that the red shirts set up barricades and blocked roads.

Just like I said a few days ago. Here we go again. Then after the yellow shirts have destroyed parliment house they will move to the airports again, this time it will kill all tourism for Thailand for years. And through on top of that a possible coo coming ( sorry cant spell).

No you can't spell and are also ignorant. Were you even here then? The PAD did not 'destroy' parliament house, as you put it, and for the zillionth time: They organised a demonstration at the airport when they'd had wind of the imminent arrival of Taksin. They were then forced into the terminal by the red shirt contingent paid for by Taksin, and the Taksin friendly police.

Dear God. I do wish some of you would bother to go back and research the exhaustively documented FACTS leading up to this event before shooting your stupid mouths off.

The PAD didn't "destroy" parliament, but they sure did make a mess of it.

Also, I thought they went to the airport to stop Somchai from landing, not Thaksin.

Sent from my shoe phone

I hope you have a shirt the right shade. Members of the Democrat party have protested, laid impeachment actions and departmental investigations into the actions of the FM and officers of the MInistry.

Has the direction to disperse being issued? Have protesters assaulted anyone? Have they produced any kind of weapons? Have they threatened to physically hurt anyone?

I don't know, it wasn't in the news report. However obstructing legal government activities strikes me as illegal, even if no charges have been filed yet. Of course that doesn't matter, does it. You already wrote that it's acceptable for the PAD to break the law in order to preserve the law.

I still don't understand why the keep referring to TS as being in "self-exile". Isn't he on the run.

No he is not on the run if he were on the run and had actually committed Terrorist acts like the yellows accused him of then the good Ol USA would of hunted him down themselves but the fact is the guys is living it up all over the world having a grand old time and so he should as the coup should never of happened anyway and was proven yet again in the last election the MAJORITY of thais want thaksin why else would they vote in someone with NO POLITICAL EXPERIENCE at all, I tell you why, Because her name is Thaksin and the people love him

Civil War could be on the cards as we are back to square 1

DK

You must be new to this. 52% of the people voted against Thaksin. Because you are new I will explain it to you. Thailand is not a Democracy. They use the Parliamentary system where they don't need the majority as you would in a Democracy.

With the Parliamentary system each area gets to elect one minister When the election is over the minister's get together and then elect the Prime minister.

Under this system if one district has 20,000 out of 39,000 for one party and another district has 35,000 out of 39,000 for another party and a third district had another 20,000 out of 39,000 for the same candidate as the first party you would have three people voting for the prime minister with one vote each. Even though there was 73,000 who wanted one candidate and only 44,000 who wanted the other candidate.

So with a total of 117,000 votes for the two parties One party would receive 73,000 votes and the other party 44,000 votes. Yet the party with 44,000 would get two votes for who the Prime Minister will be compared the the party with 73,000 votes who only get one vote.

Hardly a democracy.

Just like I said a few days ago. Here we go again. Then after the yellow shirts have destroyed parliment house they will move to the airports again, this time it will kill all tourism for Thailand for years. And through on top of that a possible coo coming ( sorry cant spell).

No you can't spell and are also ignorant. Were you even here then? The PAD did not 'destroy' parliament house, as you put it, and for the zillionth time: They organised a demonstration at the airport when they'd had wind of the imminent arrival of Taksin. They were then forced into the terminal by the red shirt contingent paid for by Taksin, and the Taksin friendly police.

Dear God. I do wish some of you would bother to go back and research the exhaustively documented FACTS leading up to this event before shooting your stupid mouths off.

The PAD didn't "destroy" parliament, but they sure did make a mess of it.

Also, I thought they went to the airport to stop Somchai from landing, not Thaksin.

Sent from my shoe phone

I think it was some thing like 500,000,000 Baht damage and stolen misc.

silsburyhill take your own advice.

The yellow shirts are fascists not more or less. They deserve a life firing zone. There is no bigger crime in a democracy than blocking the work of a parliament. The ultra rightist Nation should make that very clear to the three readers that they still have. Interesting enough PAD is led by a man who is waiting a lengthy jail sentence for corruption and defrauding creditors and investors. The police com missionary and his fine officers who allowed the blocking of parliament should be immediately be put out of their misery and send home.

There will be no coup, the military know that the outside world would spit on them and that the voters will be unstoppable and will really come out with a million people to tach the elite a lesson.

Thaksin threatens the very life blood of the military as they see it in Thailand. Their entire raison d'etre has little or nothing to do with protecting the country from outside threats. Their main role is to maintain the system that feeds them.

They will come out if this goes much further and they will since when did any thai , (with one noticeable exception) give anything for the greater good.

The comparisons with aang sang suu kci are startling.

Edited by Thai at Heart

And all this going on with the world economic forum going on in Bangkok

Surely the Gov't must have known that their would be protest as soon as

the reading started.

So for them to have the reading when so many business leaders are in

town really makes the current Gov't look like the are a few short of a full

deck

really really really bad for Thailand's image ... but can it really get any worse?

Actually the World Economic forums is a world class diversion or more specifically Aung San Suu Kyi She is all over the new here in Aus, Thailand is only mentioned because she is there.

Edited by waza

The People's Alliance for Democracy keeps trying to disrupt the democratic process and remove democratically elected leaders. I can only assume their name is some kind of attempt at humor.

I don't get involved in Thai politics, but I do think election results should be respected and elected officials allowed to do their jobs.

but I do think election results should be respected and elected officials allowed to do their jobs.

Completely agreed!

Now please explain why THIS government is doing anything but the job it's been elected for.. Such as minimum salary for ALL now, one kid one tablet NOW, 15,000 Baht/month salary for all degree holders, etc...etc...etc....

By doing what they are doing now, or trying to do, is way off their electoral promises and benefits only well you know who....

So, sorry but it's a duty to try to put them back on tracks or to remove them

"what they are doing now", or trying to do, is debating the reconciliation bill, which would require both sides to make unpleasant compromises. It probably won't be passed, but debating it is part of the government process.

If an elected government does not perform to the satisfaction of the voters it should be removed during the next election, or by impeachment if there is credible evidence that serious crimes were committed. Until then peaceful protests are appropriate, but not illegally blocking streets and entrances to government buildings, or any other illegal activities that bring government to a stop.

Out of curiosity, do you know of any democratic government that fulfilled all campaign promises within a year of taking office?

Why would the PTP need to compromise? They have a majority in parliament, so they can pass what they like.

Sent from my shoe phone

Thailand Live 1st of June #45

House secretary-general announced House meeting today has been cancelled, scheduled for June 6,7 instead. Via @joize_nna

Did you mean 1 st of june 1945?At least that is how the current events ( read attitudes ) would look from a western perspective.

I don't know, it wasn't in the news report. However obstructing legal government activities strikes me as illegal, even if no charges have been filed yet. Of course that doesn't matter, does it. You already wrote that it's acceptable for the PAD to break the law in order to preserve the law.

sorry to tell you but peacefully demonstrating outside of the government offices is NOT illegal, but is part of democracy and all the rest of the big words :)

Also do note, that i DID NOT write that it is acceptable for PAD to break the law in order to preserve the law, HOWEVER as judges say in Australia, UK and NZ, it is acceptable to to break a law to some extent if it is for the benefit of the society.

US legal system is of a different opinion though :)

Edited by phl

sorry to tell you but peacefully demonstrating outside of the government offices is NOT illegal, but is part of democracy and all the rest of the big words smile.png

In my book peacefull is described as not to hinder other people life.

sorry to tell you but peacefully demonstrating outside of the government offices is NOT illegal, but is part of democracy and all the rest of the big words smile.png

Tell it to the red shirts.

Well at least we can now see the yellow shirts for what they really are.

If there is a coup it will be the second time that a democratically elected government is removed with the help of the army and the conservative forces that cannot bear any other party having power.

I think until the military is brought to heel this country is a basket case.

I would arrest the lot of them (yellow shirts) and put them to work on prison farms.

Most of them are government servants and a few months of hard work would do them good, lazy ba$^erds!

Might be a silly question, but might be harder to answer. How do you "bring the military to heel". Do you just line up all the yellow and red and multishirts people and shout "Go Away, Nasty Soldiers"?

Edited by prefabs

Tell it to the red shirts.

I never said I approved the red's actions, far from, butthe yeloows are no better than the reds or blues or greens or whatever color.

These actions once again prove that this country is a banana republic.

Thailand has laws cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

seems a few trolls as wellthumbsup.gif

Nope we had 5 out of 6 plants under water for 2 months bah.gif

and what does that have to do with the thread? or laws? though seems to be relevant to trolling

Ignoring the words you don't like to start an infinite loop, are you? No matter how often it is explained to you that blocking streets and shutting down government is illegal, you ignore the explanation and get back to claiming it was only a peaceful demonstration. Peaceful demonstrations send a message without blocking streets and preventing the government from doing its job.

But that's enough of this, I have a life outside of TV, and you clearly will not budge from your position that anything PAD does is noble and good, while anything done by the current government is evil and illegal. Enjoy your repetitive posting.

Thailand has laws cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

seems a few trolls as wellthumbsup.gif

Nope we had 5 out of 6 plants under water for 2 months bah.gif

and what does that have to do with the thread? or laws? though seems to be relevant to trolling

May be i will start a new thread then w00t.gif Naranakorn Industrial est underwater for 2 months w00t.gif

Edited by sjjmmi