Non O At Savankhet

Hi All,

I will apply for a Multiple entry NON O , in Savanakhet I understand that each entry is 90 days, can I extend each entry for 60 days at imigration in Thailand as I am married here legaly., I belive also that from a this multiple entry I can get a total of 15 months with correct timing, on the last entry can I extend that at imigration in Thailand that would give me a total 0f 17 months.

Thanks

Pinball

Doing extensions of stay may be considered by some more convenient than border runs. Extensions, if available after each entry, will reduce the number of border runs necessary to get the maximum length of stay out of the multi non-O visa.

Doing extensions of stay may be considered by some more convenient than border runs. Extensions, if available after each entry, will reduce the number of border runs necessary to get the maximum length of stay out of the multi non-O visa.

Plus, as mentioned in the OP, he would be able to get almost 17 months out of the visa as opposed to 15 without extensions.

Sophon

I think it will actually add up to be about the same time by doing extensions.

1) 1st 90 Days (3 months)

2) Ext for 60 days (2 months)

3) 2nd 90 Days (3 months)

4) 2nd Ext 60 days (2 months)

5) 3rd 90 Days (3 months)

6) Visa's " use by " expires

7 3rd Ext 60 days ( 2 months)

If its allowed, its still works out to 15 months.

Plus, as mentioned in the OP, he would be able to get almost 17 months out of the visa as opposed to 15 without extensions.

Sophon

Sophon

The only extension that adds to the 15 month is the one you do on the entry to Thailand you do just before your visa expires.

So the first twelve months are covered by 90 day entries and (if you wish) 60 day extensions.

You receive an extra 90 days by leaving just before your visa expires, making it almost 15 months.

An extension on this latest entry gives you a further 60 days, making it almost 17 months.

Sophon

Yes, but that would add an additional visa run on the 12th month. This is also the same with the normal visa runs every 90 days and (1) extension at the end of the final run done before the expiration. Either way, you still have the same amount of time.

I'm simply pointing out that neither way would grant more time.

Sophon

The only extension that adds to the 15 month is the one you do on the entry to Thailand you do just before your visa expires.

So the first twelve months are covered by 90 day entries and (if you wish) 60 day extensions.

You receive an extra 90 days by leaving just before your visa expires, making it almost 15 months.

An extension on this latest entry gives you a further 60 days, making it almost 17 months.

Sophon

Edited by CMSteve

rolleyes.gif You base this whole thing on your assumption that you will get a 1 year multi-emtry in Savankhet....actually i think it's spelled Savanaket, but never mind. My spelling is bad also.

What will happen if the Thai consulate there simply gives you a 90 day visa instead of a multi entry visa....and tells you to return toThailand and process the 1 year extension based on marriage at your local immigration when you get to Thailand?

Assuming you "will get" a 1 year multi entry visa in Savanaket is wishful thinking.

But I hope you do get it, if that means anything.

rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif You base this whole thing on your assumption that you will get a 1 year multi-emtry in Savankhet....actually i think it's spelled Savanaket, but never mind. My spelling is bad also.

What will happen if the Thai consulate there simply gives you a 90 day visa instead of a multi entry visa....and tells you to return toThailand and process the 1 year extension based on marriage at your local immigration when you get to Thailand?

Assuming you "will get" a 1 year multi entry visa in Savanaket is wishful thinking.

But I hope you do get it, if that means anything.

rolleyes.gif

Savanakhet issues multiple non-O's with no problems, only the correct paperwork is needed.