Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word.

thequietman

What's most annoying in my opinion is how the OP-the quietman, comes on TV and pours his heart out, tells us his story, then 160 replies later its all sorted, no explanation etc and just disappears.

Im sure he will be back again soon with some more problems, maybe we shouldnt give him as much time, next time....

Or just maybe he is the proverbial "Quietman" and happens to be digesting all the posts.

I dont find it annoying at all... in fact I find some of the answers a wonderful insight into the minds of some of the membersbiggrin.png .

I agree with your last statement. However I equate this to watching a good mystery movie and just when the movie is coming to the end thepower goes out and we are all left wondering, "what happened".

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's most annoying in my opinion is how the OP-the quietman, comes on TV and pours his heart out, tells us his story, then 160 replies later its all sorted, no explanation etc and just disappears.

Im sure he will be back again soon with some more problems, maybe we shouldnt give him as much time, next time....

so you reckon he owes you?

i reckon the quietman is messing with you posting topics that appeal to your own sense of schadenfreude and then leaving you hanging.

after all, why would a self-avowed misanthropist seemingly bare his soul to strangers?

• Like 1

i reckon the quietman is messing with you posting topics that appeal to your own sense of schadenfreude and then leaving you hanging.

after all, why would a self-avowed misanthropist seemingly bare his soul to strangers?

And why not? is he giving his name and address, the chances of anyone knowing him would be extremely slight doncha think?

Judging by Quietman;s previous post, there is hardly an influx of friends in the neighbourhood.

Mental isolation is as debilitating as much as the physical and to be fair there has been some good advice given in general.

I cant quite understand why he is being attacked in this manner, he certainly isnt a troll which is more than be said for some.....

@ Ciaran0... he'll be back, he is probably up to his knees in dirt planting them paper treestongue.png

Possibly............. thumbsup.gif maybe..............w00t.gif surely not. tongue.png

OP, it sounds like after 10 years you've reached a 'straw on the camel's back' moment. I agree with previous posters who've advised you it SOUNDS like it's time to move on. However, as you point out, you've got 10 years invested in this and it might not feel right just to quit with no notice.

Perhaps your wife isn't aware- well, of many things- but especially how close you are to leaving her. One way to signal this with a face-saving maneuver built in, is to suggest to her that things aren't going well in your relationship and you think that the two of you should seek marital counselling to help deal with your problems. I'm aware that Thais don't go in much for counselling, and this may simply be ignored or refused as well, but in that case you really won't have much reason not to leave.

Eventually unreasonable people wind up alone- and there's a reason for that.

I agree with your comment on counselling,but unfortunately they have no hesitation in going to seek counsel from one of those shysters that set themselves up as fortune tellers/counsellers

Careful what you say about moderators!.

Misanthropist ? Not really but then Thailand takes the worst out in most people.

Mistrustful of people in Thailand? Certainly.

I am isolated through choice here in the sticks and I am generally a trusting person until you do something that makes me think otherwise.

Do I have a naive optimism about life ? yes would be the answer. Life flows better that way.

Am I essentially a solitary man ? No, I love human company, male/female but good ones are few and far between.

However, I do I reflect misanthropy in my concern of the "they" — the tendency of people on thaivisa to conform to the one 'Thai' view, which no-one has really thought through, but is just

followed because, "they say so". its their custom, if you don't like it then...........

Moreover, I do want harmony in my life with my wife and her family and sometimes trying to get to this point in Thailand is frustrating.

To the guys who gave useful, constructive advice...... I thank you. To the usual suspects and throlls, I will leave you with this quote from well know serial killer Carl Panzram who was remembered for his violent and indiscriminate misanthropy. One of his famous quotes was "I wish the entire human race had one neck, and I had my hands around it!"

Be careful out there. Take care. wai.gif

• Like 1

I will leave you with this quote from well know serial killer Carl Panzram who was remembered for his violent and indiscriminate misanthropy. One of his famous quotes was "I wish the entire human race had one neck, and I had my hands around it!"

Or the alternate quote from M&M

"If I had one wish, I would wish for a big enough arse for the whole world to kiss"

Or the alternate quote from M&M

"If I had one wish, I would wish for a big enough arse for the whole world to kiss"

Those naughty but delicious little chocolate treats!

Her brother?

mummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, weird huh ! he has a birth certificate and everything. photos of her whole family when she was young and you're not gonna believe this, her older brother too. oh yes, she looks like him too. So, her brother ? mummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, YES.

thanks for your input Richard. Be careful out there.

Could the OP please let us know now how everything got peaceably resolved?

Or did you just realize that you were overreacting and being too demanding and decide to just go with the flow?

If so more power to you man, but do please exert that inner alpha-male once in a while too OK?

Could the OP please let us know now how everything got peaceably resolved?

Or did you just realize that you were overreacting and being too demanding and decide to just go with the flow?

If so more power to you man, but do please exert that inner alpha-male once in a while too OK?

over reaction on my part. Lack of clarity on hers. trees next year so I will be here until then. will let you know how it works out then. Bigjohnnybkk has a big heart. Good on ya. Take care.

I think the op cracked, got out the Bulldozer and said 'Aint NO ONE using this here field!'

after I buried the wife in it. w00t.gif

Brilliant! Absolutely NO impediment to planting those trees next year now!

should grow better now with that good compost. cheesy.gif

OP, it sounds like after 10 years you've reached a 'straw on the camel's back' moment. I agree with previous posters who've advised you it SOUNDS like it's time to move on. However, as you point out, you've got 10 years invested in this and it might not feel right just to quit with no notice.

Perhaps your wife isn't aware- well, of many things- but especially how close you are to leaving her. One way to signal this with a face-saving maneuver built in, is to suggest to her that things aren't going well in your relationship and you think that the two of you should seek marital counselling to help deal with your problems. I'm aware that Thais don't go in much for counselling, and this may simply be ignored or refused as well, but in that case you really won't have much reason not to leave.

I agree with your comment on counselling,but unfortunately they have no hesitation in going to seek counsel from one of those shysters that set themselves up as fortune tellers/counsellers

This post was never directed at a moderator.If you read the 2nd last paragraph,I would hope you would realise that.Surely you must know that there are many of those people around in Thailand and quite often they use religion as thier justification. Edited by Ron19

This post was never directed at a moderator.If you read the 2nd last paragraph,I would hope you would realise that.Surely you must know that there are many of those people around in Thailand and quite often they use religion as thier justification.

and i must admit, i think it is bad enough that you talk about moderation, but bringing religion into the whole thing is just low.

so many bizarrely personal revelations.

When I see half a dozen members opening up in a quasi Oprah Winfrey way about

Sounds like you think it's inappropriate for people to express their innermost feelings to complete strangers.

Actually perfectly normal and very healthy; being in a relatively anonymous environment makes it that much easier.

In an ideal world we'd all have people we could be completely open with in real life as well, but sadly enough that's often not the case.

Not inappropriate at all: just another sympton of the disconnected world we live in where some people feel more comfortable expressing deeply personal problems to strangers rather than addressing it to the proper person - his wife.

Let's face it: the OP has previous form with this type of thread. Wasn't it thequietman who was complaining he can't find a friend recently?

This from a guy who has a hissy fit about me saying he only posted on here to piss people off and then complains and has a post removed. As I always say, TV is a fun and informative outlet. If posters want to blow some steam off then so be it. It made me feel better and I got some good advice. The problem is sorted now. Just miscomunication on both our parts.

You sir are a very angry and dare I say it, lonely person. It might just do you some good to communicate your frustrations, even little ones. we dont know you so we wont judge (the opposite of yourself) Someone has to have done something really bad to you previously , to be this bitter and condesending towards strangers. christ I fear to think what you are like in real life. Have a nice day and stop being so negative.. giggle.gif

Given that you're prone to hyperbole, overreaction and emotional outbursts on the forum (this is your third example, after all), I'll let this one go.

However, I vehemently dispute I'm angry and bitter. On the contrary. I think I'm one of the happiest members on TV.

Where I get impatient is with the usual type of posters who are universally negative about their life here when their life i s entirely voluntarily, when the wife they married is one they chose through freewill, and where the isolated place they call home is one they chose themselves.

Now, let's sit back and wait for the next emotional drama emanating from the tiny community of Phrae . . . Chapter Four.

• Like 1