Pedestrians Are Really Starting To Annoy Me!

ebmzlm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can understand the frustration, coming from an American police state myself. It's a love hate relationship out here. But given the choice I would rather deal with the frustration than go back to cops writing tickets for the sake of reminding me I don't live in a free country. i wlll never forget the day in the U.S. I crossed in the middle of the street with no cars on the road, and some guy in the car park honked his horn and swore at me because I didn't go to the cross walk.....

Lived in Pattaya for 4 years and learned very quickly to avoid driving down Soi bouhkao as it seems to always have a lot of road pedestrians. Seemed a simple solution to me.

Bangkok should bring in a system like Singapore where purchasing the certificate - very limited in number - that gives you the privilege of using a private car in the city, costs as much or more than the car does.

Around SGD 80K at the moment!

Finally someone with a sense of humour.

Beware..

Some might find twisted humour annoying.

Wouldn't want to offend anyone's sensibilities.

One person's annoyance might be another's muse.

People that find things can take them as they find them. If they didn't want upset, they shouldn't have found it. People that take offence when none was offered are thieving - worse than gypsies, so they are

SC

Difficult to remedy, as nearly all models of offensive and threatening entities are manufactured for us.

All a bit moot.

I don't think I've ever seen manufactured model entity, let alone an offensive and threatening one. Or a moot one.

I think its great that pedestrians walk in the street, and remind us that there are more important things in life than madly rushing about. It helps us become more serene and tolerant. Of course, we don't have that round here, but we have traffic jams which achieve the same benefit.

Let's face it, if it was that important to arrive on time, youo'd have left ten minutes earlier...

SC

I can understand the frustration, coming from an American police state myself. It's a love hate relationship out here. But given the choice I would rather deal with the frustration than go back to cops writing tickets for the sake of reminding me I don't live in a free country. i wlll never forget the day in the U.S. I crossed in the middle of the street with no cars on the road, and some guy in the car park honked his horn and swore at me because I didn't go to the cross walk.....

I grew up in NYC where pedestrians also generally flout the laws.

My first consulting gig in Tokyo on evening there were large crowds of people waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green but no cars in sight in either direction. So I boldly stepped out to cross the street, and the crowds on both sides of the street audibly gasped in unison, mothers clapped their hands over their children's eyes and everyone started pointing at me and excitedly jabbering away.

I quickly stepped back to the curb and apologized, red-faced.

It didn't cross my mind that this was the result of a police state and still wouldn't think that, the citizens honestly believe it's better to obey the law. It's the result of a culture that puts safety and social conformity above above the convenience of the individual. And from an objective left-brain POV, that culture is in this context perfectly right, mine is wrong.

But my cultural programming and selfish desire for do-what-I-like "freedom" is still so high I'd much rather live in a chaotic and dangerous place like Thailand than an orderly and safe one like Japan, Singapore, Switzerland etc.

People that find things can take them as they find them. If they didn't want upset, they shouldn't have found it. People that take offence when none was offered are thieving - worse than gypsies, so they are

SC

Pikey's were ? in Pattaya...oh dear...tongue.png

SC

Pikey's were ? in Pattaya...oh dear...tongue.png

I heard you were the head mamza and snorrer in pattaya.

Makes sense really considering....

Lived in Pattaya for 4 years and learned very quickly to avoid driving down Soi bouhkao as it seems to always have a lot of road pedestrians. Seemed a simple solution to me.

Wet lettice

Lattice? Letitbe? Celtic?

I'm no good at anagrams...

SC

Take the good with the bad .... It's a live and let live culture.

This is a great, simple, wise post.

What hypocrisy - living in the largest illegal brothel in the world and complainong about the legal act of jaywalking. Are you American by any chance?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by Johnniey

Take the good with the bad .... It's a live and let live culture.

This is a great, simple, wise post.

What hypocrisy - living in the largest illegal brothel in the world and complainong about the legal act of jaywalking. Are you American by any chance?

I suppose we complain about what we don't like.

Leave the law enforcement to someone else

SC