A New Waterhole In Sisaket

fishbone

Its a Mexican twist there is a facebook group for the place if you search with some pictures, the name I think is just a tongue in cheek to have a a little fun and a theme.

I know the owner a little a jolly American that knows his food. Its a new place open for 4-5 days but expanding the menu almost daily and with only one other Farang place in town there is definitely room for it.

For pizza, stews, pies, sausages, schnitzels and european type of food we have Living in the Past by Frank and Nong

For burgers, Mexican style and so on we have Cuckoo's

Both places and the owners are great and no matter where you go you will get go service and good food, both are worth a visit.

I think that he will be very succesfull. Now Pizza Willy is gone and the french guy too. Who will be there for the farangs. Living in the Past ist to far and I believe they will be the next closing down. Sorry.

What happened to "Lung Willy"? Was never at the French guys place, but okay he's gone. How can Living in the past be too far away?

Because it's not in center of Sisaket?

Guess there're enough foreigners now in town to fill two restaurants...........wai.gif

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a Mexican twist there is a facebook group for the place if you search with some pictures, the name I think is just a tongue in cheek to have a a little fun and a theme.

I know the owner a little a jolly American that knows his food. Its a new place open for 4-5 days but expanding the menu almost daily and with only one other Farang place in town there is definitely room for it.

For pizza, stews, pies, sausages, schnitzels and european type of food we have Living in the Past by Frank and Nong

For burgers, Mexican style and so on we have Cuckoo's

Both places and the owners are great and no matter where you go you will get go service and good food, both are worth a visit.

I know the owner a little a jolly American that knows his food.

Sorry, but do Americans really know what "good" food is? Mexican style American food and burgers..... laugh.png

Perhaps not as well as some but maybe better than others.

I will go to any place that doesn't allow smoking inside or out. All the bars in Ubon (Wrong Way, N'Joy), the new Baan Wine place, and even up in Mukdakan at the Waterfront place, seem to tolerate smokers. Even the owners smoke around one's table. I thought it was against the law in Thailand to smoke in restaurants and public places?

I will go to any place that doesn't allow smoking inside or out. All the bars in Ubon (Wrong Way, N'Joy), the new Baan Wine place, and even up in Mukdakan at the Waterfront place, seem to tolerate smokers. Even the owners smoke around one's table. I thought it was against the law in Thailand to smoke in restaurants and public places?

Why shouldn't they be allowed to smoke outside? w00t.gif

Is N'joy reopened? Checked there a while ago, no more British gentleman with his delicious buffet. Only some strange looking and of course overcharging girls. An Archa for 85 baht is a kind of expensive I'd say.........wai.gif

Edited by sirchai

Have you tried Peppers David? Smoke free and air con.

Yes, I tried Peppers. Nice place, Nice atmosphere. But it is a cafe not a restaurant. Good on cakes (the best in town), good on pastries, so so on coffee. Coffee is sort of bitter. I think they should change their beans or get a good blend. Breakfasts I am told are good but they don't open for breakfast between 6 am and 8 am. More like brunch for retirees. Their lunch menu is very limited. I want a nice place to go out to, dress up, take the wife, have waiters and waitresses in uniform and a range of good food. At the moment Peppers is a quick lunch place serving pizzas and food I can cook at home. It remains a cake place which it excels at. A restaurant it is not. The smokers outside in shorts and singlets are off putting to Thais.

Have you tried Peppers David? Smoke free and air con.

Yes, I tried Peppers. Nice place, Nice atmosphere. But it is a cafe not a restaurant. Good on cakes (the best in town), good on pastries, so so on coffee. Coffee is sort of bitter. I think they should change their beans or get a good blend. Breakfasts I am told are good but they don't open for breakfast between 6 am and 8 am. More like brunch for retirees. Their lunch menu is very limited. I want a nice place to go out to, dress up, take the wife, have waiters and waitresses in uniform and a range of good food. At the moment Peppers is a quick lunch place serving pizzas and food I can cook at home. It remains a cake place which it excels at. A restaurant it is not. The smokers outside in shorts and singlets are off putting to Thais.

Coffee is a sort of bitter, you think they should…

Breakfasts are good, but.....

You’d like to dress up, take the wife, but you want waiters and waitresses in uniforms?

Peppers are serving food, but you can cook that at home.....

Not mentioning the disgusting people who pollute the air with their nasty habit.

And the guys in their singlets........

Did you forget that we’re talking about the north-east of this country?

Don’t they wear uniforms at KFC? But.....

Sorry, but it seems to me that you’re living in the wrong country, don’t criticize all and everything here.

Or why don’t you just go back home and try it there?. Oh, you couldn't afford it there, right? wai.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

The Cuckoo's Nest sounds good, closes a bit early?!

You could go to Nona afterwards......wai.gif

What and where's Nona unsure.png

The local disco where you might need new ear drums afterwards. Some foreigners seem to like it there..w00t.gif

Is that the one at the Phrompiman Hotel? smile.png

Nope. Down the road direction bus station. It's right afterwards the station on the left hand side.smile.png

Ok, know where it is.........rolleyes.gif

On the Sisaket map Bergen - see Spacemands map posting #14

Maybe soon time for a hash run in Sisaket SantiSuk.........biggrin.png

Sounds like a plan to me, as always will let you drive Trond.

David Peters doesn't sound like Ubon is the place for you. guess we are unlikely to meet as I smoke and eat down market food. Jim

Manxninja, the shop you are talking about wasn't in sisaket, it was just down the road in uthom phon pisai. It was owned by a manxman, who was married to a thai girl. But as they spent most of their time back home, it was run by her family, big mistake went bust. Not a manxman myself but have lived there since 1984, now happily residing here.

Yes - that had been in my mind for a few months now. Loads of bamboo bars on the south side of town by the looks of it.

Are any of you SiSaket dwellers likely to be up for a social night out. All you have to do is turn up for a walk (run if you like) and sing a couple of silly songs, drink a few beers then hit the lights (the latter is optional)! Could be August 4th or October 6th.

• Like 1

Why shouldn't they be allowed to smoke outside? w00t.gif

Is N'joy reopened? Checked there a while ago, no more British gentleman with his delicious buffet. Only some strange looking and of course overcharging girls. An Archa for 85 baht is a kind of expensive I'd say.........wai.gif

Thinly veiled attempt to advertise for TCK?!giggle.gif Apologies if I am mistaken tongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Yes - that had been in my mind for a few months now. Loads of bamboo bars on the south side of town by the looks of it.

Are any of you SiSaket dwellers likely to be up for a social night out. All you have to do is turn up for a walk (run if you like) and sing a couple of silly songs, drink a few beers then hit the lights (the latter is optional)! Could be August 4th or October 6th.

A lot of fit guys that easily can make a walk in Sisaket for 1-2 miles ;)

If you come from Ubon then make a deal with Brian/Frank to start at one place and end the other would be fun I think, quite a few people would show up, I know I would.

Frank could invite some East German friends from lower Saxony and Brian some Mexicans with Sombreros and loads of Tequila.

Start is at Frank's (doubt that he can walk that far, the chain smoking dinosaur) the East Germans and Mexicans will have to serve Lao Khao for all (I'll pay for it!) on the way to Brian.

All who survive Brian's will go to Nona afterwards. Those who survive Nona and all the Saengsom will get a certificate from Sisaket's governor.

The winner will receive a free night at "Sisaket hotel." A freelancer included....laugh.png

post-158336-0-08729300-1340785639_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

The "British Gentleman" now has a Bar / Restaurant very near the Laithong Hotel called TC Kitchen. He serves Thai and Farang food, excellent homemade Pies and Pasties and a "Kabab Night" on Saturdays (One is not enough!!!)

Good bunch of guys and gals - with the exception of a strange guy who used to live in Phibun tongue.png

The "British Gentleman" now has a Bar / Restaurant very near the Laithong Hotel called TC Kitchen. He serves Thai and Farang food, excellent homemade Pies and Pasties and a "Kabab Night" on Saturdays (One is not enough!!!)

Good bunch of guys and gals - with the exception of a strange guy who used to live in Phibun tongue.png

Thanks for the useful information. Did you mean one day/week or one Kebab isn't enough? Sorry Kabab.

Hope the strange guy from Phibun isn't a serial killer.........laugh.png

Edited by sirchai

Thanks for the useful information. Did you mean one day/week or one Kebab isn't enough? Sorry Kabab.

One Kabab is not enough!!

The "strange guy from Phibun" is what I will call a real British Gentleman!! wink.png

"English" Gentleman

"English" Gentleman

English Gentleman indeed! biggrin.png