3BB My Experience(s)

Tywais

I've had 3BB for over a year near Hang Dong and it has performed flawlessly and at rated speed. Believe only one downtime a few months ago but it was a provincial outage. Never had to try and see how their service was.

Just moved to another house closer to town in a large Moo Bahn near Big C and had the service transferred. They ran a new cable to the 2nd floor where I have the wireless router as the whole house will run wireless. It was installed while I was away and the wife verified to them the installation location. Was told the signal would be operational in 2 days, standard statement. Next morning saw the DSL light was up and had signal. Ran speed tests via a half dozen speedtest sites and a more application specific test, downloaded a few high seeded torrents. In all cases it worked out to 6Mbps down 1 up on a 9Mbps service.

Contacted them and within an hour they were out to the house. They checked the internal cable connection box then went out for a few minutes. Came back saying there was a break in the line. I ran speed tests again and now was 9.25Mbps. Some torrent downloads were peaking at 11Mbps. No charge for the service call.

Just my experience and realize different locations and different members may not have such luck.

• Like 2

Sounds impressive. May I ask the ฿ $ € ₱ £ per month?

950.16 Baht/month including VAT

I'm well satisfied with their service too though I only have the 6MB package. Only minor gripe is that they are doing bandwidth throttling on traffic to certain ports, though there are workarounds.

Any in the Nimmanhamin area care to report about a 3BB experience? My True Internet service took a nose dive in reliability a few months ago and hasn't improved in spite of many service calls. I'm now looking for a reliable ISP.

I usually avoid participating in these ISP topics because it is so subjective and I believe relative to the area you are in. But!! Give credit where credit is due. I too have had 3BB service for about 2 years at my home north of the outer ring rd and the Ping River (Nong Khio). The service has been excellent. I have the 9mb plan and always seem to have good speed, I don't do torrents so I can't comment about that.

Recently my speed dropped to 1mb and I called service late afternoon on a Saturday. They said there was not a problem with my line that they could detect, and a technician would contact me. Sunday morning (yes, Sunday) I received a call that the technician needed directions to the house and he was on his way. It was a router issue with my wireless router. I had him install the standard 3BB router which I still had stuffed in a drawer and it worked fine. No fee, all smiles and I was happy.

One other time I had an email issue. The English speaking tech called me back, and after a number of phone calls and attempted fixes, we worked it out. I have been very pleased with 3BB. I had TOT before and it was endless problems and no one ever called back as promised from their call center. It was then a nightmare trying to cancel TOT as it was not in my name, but that's a story for another day :)

i have enjoyed 3BB as well, for about 18 months here near Rimping RuamChok..HOWEVER...

just lately, about 4 times a day, completely randomly, when i open a website (any website, not only certain ones)...

i get this clever little insert instead of the webpage... i hit reload and my webpage comes up...

go figure.

post-34078-0-13121700-1338643744_thumb.p

have the 2675 / mo 3bb premier and have never gotten over 600 KBPS download, but it is extremely reliable. Maybe I should change to do the 600 baht one.

I had Premier service before but they were still throttling my torrents on occasion so I changed to their 12Mb package. Service is still reliable only faster and cheaper. The 9Mb package is an even better deal.

Edited by prism

have the 2675 / mo 3bb premier and have never gotten over 600 KBPS download, but it is extremely reliable. Maybe I should change to do the 600 baht one.

I had Premier service before but they were still throttling my torrents on occasion so I changed to their 12Mb package. Service is still reliable only faster and cheaper. The 9Mb package is an even better deal.

Throttling down to what speeds?

Edited by happysanook

what needs to be done if you have a TOT DSL line but want to switch? TOT /telephone line is in the name of the house owner. Do I need approval for canceling TOT , switching to 3bb?

How cumbersome?

If you are in an area that 3BB has a direct cable connection rather than coming in on the phone line they can run a separate cable to the house and in your name independent of the owner. The owner though would have to stop the TOT service is my guess. Not sure what documents you will need to get a 3BB contract if you do not have a work permit.

Throttling down to what speeds?

About 250Kb or less, usually after I downloaded a big fat file. Rarely happens now.

Does anyone have results of downloading a specific file size and the time to download it with these 3bb plans? In other words, not a speed test result but rather an actual download.

If so could those results be posted?

MSPain

This is the McAffee site on a 10Mbs/1Mbs 3BB ADSL line.

Your Internet Connection Speed Results

File Size 2.9297 MB Time Elapsed 0.001 seconds

Does anyone have results of downloading a specific file size and the time to download it with these 3bb plans? In other words, not a speed test result but rather an actual download.

MSPain

Edited by CMSteve

This is the McAffee site on a 10Mbs/1Mbs 3BB ADSL line.

Your Internet Connection Speed Results

File Size 2.9297 MB Time Elapsed 0.001 seconds

MSPain

Initially I posted to put McAfee... however, there is something wrong with McAfee at this time. That is not a correct reading.

Try DSL Reports Java speed test or maybe Microsoft, if you don't mind.

I ask because I have the Premiere in one location and a 6mb in another location and I get the same results on each.

I always get between 1 and 1.2 Mb download speeds on each and I am wondering if anyone gets something different. The speeds in Thailand reach their stated speeds, it is the international speed I want to check.

MSPain

DSL Reports - Java - Los Angeles

"Speed Test #101780634 by dslreports.com

Run: 2012-06-04 02:55:09 EST

Download: 878 (Kbps)

Upload: 332 (Kbps)

In kilobytes per second: 107.1 down 40.6 up

Tested by server: 54 java

User: 2 @ dslreports.com

User's DNS: 3bb.co.th"

"Speed Test #101780653 by dslreports.com

Run: 2012-06-04 02:58:35 EST

Download: 1102 (Kbps)

Upload: 390 (Kbps)

In kilobytes per second: 134.6 down 47.7 up

User's DNS: 3bb.co.th"

Initially I posted to put McAfee... however, there is something wrong with McAfee at this time. That is not a correct reading.

Try DSL Reports Java speed test or maybe Microsoft, if you don't mind.

I ask because I have the Premiere in one location and a 6mb in another location and I get the same results on each.

I always get between 1 and 1.2 Mb download speeds on each and I am wondering if anyone gets something different. The speeds in Thailand reach their stated speeds, it is the international speed I want to check.

MSPain

Edited by CMSteve

Speed Test #101780696 by dslreports.com

Run: 2012-06-04 03:07:41 EST

Download: 1177 (Kbps)

Upload: 709 (Kbps)

In kilobytes per second: 143.7 down 86.5 up

User's DNS: 3bb.co.th

I am on Premier, grandfathered old contract, 3.5 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up

North of RuamChoke

I just did a real world test downloading the latest Slackware distribution of linux, a single 4.13 GB iso file. Here are the results - this is a holiday, middle of the day with schools out.

Slackware size - 4.13GB > 4,616,273,920 Bytes

4 trackers, 210 Seeds, 110 Peers

Start time - 13:28:51

Stop time - 15:01:45

Total time - 5574 seconds (1 hour, 32 minutes 54 seconds)

Hit peaks of 1.2+ MB/s (Mega Bytes/second)

Average speed over the download - 6.6 Mbps (Mega bits/second)

Graph of the download, vertical in kB/s (kilo Bytes / second). The red line is the start of that single torrent, no other torrents downloading.

post-566-0-49607200-1338798121_thumb.jpg