Football In Chiang Rai

chownah

It is my understanding that they play football at the stadium in Chiang Rai. Does anyone know what days and times they play or where I could find out...a schedule perhaps?

I can't, but I sure wish someone can. I passed the stadium today and the kids were practising cheering on the stand, so the tournament, or whatever it is, is imminent. The weekend maybe? Can't SOMEBODY'S Thai partner please find out? Why is it that we farangs here can't find a system for getting some info out - every week - about what is going on?

The TAT does not unfortunately seem to be much good; it doesn't seem to be so much geared to farang needs, but more to what Thais want to do, which of course is perfectly legitimate. The so called Chiang Rai Guide Book is hardly any use whatsoever.

Up until a few years ago I played for 2 teams in Chiang Rai, Singh Sanahm 4( sponsored by singh and we played on pitch 4 at the stadium) and a junior police team.

most days from 5 o`clock onwards there will be people playing football on the outer pitches at the stadium. Generally on Saturday afternoons there will be games on all of the pitches including inside the stadium itself. Of course the teams also play away games too.

Anyone is welcome to go along in the evenings to join in the bounce games. The Thai`s love it when farangs want to join in. That`s how I started. A dodgy akiles heel stopped me playing but it was great fun and the away games were a good day out.

Ottokar get a Thai partner. :o

Ottokar get a Thai partner. :o

..... and the value of your Baht will be reduced to 50 Satang :D .

You: "What is on that sign?"

She: "Oh, I not see, too fast"

You: "But we passed here already twenty times!"

She: "Yes, I didn't see"

Yes, Chang35Baht, it could be a solution, but concerning the assessment of the ability to read signs I recommend a testride first. And don't drive too fast.

Limbo.

The TAT does not unfortunately seem to be much good; it doesn't seem to be so much geared to farang needs, but more to what Thais want to do, which of course is perfectly legitimate. The so called Chiang Rai Guide Book is hardly any use whatsoever.

The President of TAT (Mrs. Juthawan?) declared in an interview that she finds the greatest inspiration for her work (the promoting of tourism in Thailand) when she walks on the Champs Elysée in Paris.

That's when she really feels like a tourist herself and she best understands the needs of tourists in Thailand.

Let's wait for the moment that Khun Tanyapa Nikrothanont, Director of TAT Northern Region 2, makes a walk on the Tannalai Road. The outcome might be surprising.

I think she is on the right path:

"The tour is an industrial service to create income for Chiang Rai almost Ten Thousand Million Baht.

We can continue to save the Market purpose and Tourism development under controle our highly performance to the Tourism which we have fully receiving a cooperative from every organization such as Government unit, Non Government unit, Agency and the Local resident."

(a very charming looking Khun Tanyapa in an old tourist magazine - Visitor's Guide To Chiangrai & Golden Triangle, January 2004)

We wish Khun Tanyapa luck in her endeavours!

Limbo, a Local resident.