Small But Annoying Problem On My Sgs2. Any Way To Fix It?

Shurup

As I started running out of internal storage space, I moved my Camera folder to an External SD card and reassigned a new folder in the camera settings.

Somehow it screwed up the picture order in the camera gallery when accessing it through the camera app (like when you take a pic, there is a button in the bottom left corner to preview the pics taken). Now it list all the pics in backwards order AND if a take a new pic, it's being placed in the right order.

It's kind of confising to explain, but for example, if I start the camera app and click the preview button, it would show me the oldest pic taken first and as I scroll through the pics, it would show the newest pics, in the order they were taken, now if I take a new pic and hit a preview button, it will show the new pic first, then the oldest pic and as I keep scrolling it will show newer in the order they were taken. And so on as I keep taken more and more, it would show the most recent first then the next and next and then back to the very first pic.... Messy.

The only way I found to fix it if I move one pic at a time into the camera folder with the built in file manager as it rescans the internal/external storage every time you move, copy or delete a file. This way pics appear in the proper order in the camera perview but I really don't feel like moving thousands of pics/vids one at a time with that handicapped build in file explorer.

Is there a way to correct this without copying one file at a time?

If worth comes to worth, is there a better version of a file explorer (something like a Ghost Commander) which re-scans the media after every copy/move operation, which makes it easier and faster to copy from one folder to the other? I mean for the F### Sake why do you need to click 15-20 times to move a few files from one location to the other, there isn't even an option to select multiple files.

I guess another option can be to move all the files into a new folder in my Pictures gallery and start over in the camera gallery. Would like to try to correct it first if at all possible.

You can connect your phone to a PC and move/copy any files including photos, to another location on the phone, or back-up them up to the PC.

It doesn't work this way either, still not showing in the right order.

I knew if would be hard to explain, I will try again, witht the screenshot.

post-111234-0-21870000-1338682770_thumb.

I am talking about the picture viewer that you get when you push the button in the lower left corner.

The pictures shold be displayed in the order from the most recent to the oldest.

So lets say after moving the Camera folder, I took 2 more pics.

Now, if I hit that button, I would see the last one I took, then the one before that, and then it will be all backwards showing the very first picture I ever took with the camera, then the second one, 3rd one and so on.

Not a very big deal but annoying. I'm annoyed by things when they don't work right even if it's something small like this.

If I use a built in file browser that re-scans the media after every copy/move operation, then the pictures copied to the camera folder are shown in the correct order with the most recent shown first and the oldest picture shown last. I just don't feel like copuing thousands of pics one at a time with a build in file browser and other browsers I have installed, don't work that way.

Edited by Shurup

I confess I am not understanding what it is you require?

Every camera app. is a little bit different but you should be able to choose the save location for pictures, either the phone or the memory card. In the camera app. look under settings.

Then download Quickpic and use that as the default picture viewer. Then you can sort pictures by date, or name, ascending or descending.

I suspect there is an easy way to do what you want, but not sure how to talk you through it.

Ok, will try again.

- I started running out of room on internal storage

- I moved the content of a folder /mnt/sdcard/DCIM into /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/DCIM

- in camera settings I changes storage from Phone to Memory Card

- I don't have problems with Pictures order in the Gallery

The problem is the pictures order in the picture viewer within the Camera App.

Open your Camera app and hit the button that I circled in the attached screenshot in my last leply.

The order in there is all messed up and I found no easy way to fix it yet.

New pictures I take (after moving the DCIM folder content) are displayed in the proper order, all previous pictures (that were moved to a Memory Card DCIM folder) are displayed in the backwards order.

When you copied those files to the new location, you messed up their timestamps. You have to find a app to fix that, or do it manyally, file by file.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yes, that's what I'm trying to find out - an easy way to fix the time stamps without copying file by file.

You can restore the EXIF data, either using a PC-based application, or by using the Android application, QuickPic. In QuickPic, open a photo folder, press Settings, press Fix Date.

QuickPic is pretty much, universally, recognized as better than the "Gallery".

post-9615-0-37465800-1338692214_thumb.jp