Booking With Orient Thai And Nok Air

chuang

Hi there, if I book a flight on Orient Thai or Nok Air for someone else ( I am not travelling ) with my credit card...will the check-in counter asks to see the credit card of the person making the booking....I would be at the check-in....thanks

I have booked a couple of flights with both of them for someone others and they never asked for the card. Just out of curiosity, why would they ask for it?

They might ask for it as part of fraud prevention

Traveler could be using a stolen / found credit card to book and pay for flight

More and More Airlines require the debit/credit card to be shown at check-in; in fact many airlines show a banner stating this before entering payment details into the website to purchase e-tickets

Thai have asked for my card at check-in on every flight over the past year, budget airlines no idea I dont use them any more, as their full service is slapdash so most prob you could use anyone's details to buy your ticket as long as it clears

One of my kids is traveling to Europe shortly on his own, on a ticket paid-for on my credit-card. and the airline's web-site states clearly that they will need to carry (and may be asked to show) a copy of the card itself, plus letter from me authorising its' use to pay for the named-sectors they will fly. Which of course I am happy to provide.

This sort of thing seems to be becoming more common IME.

The fact that the booking was made, and that the payment was charged and cleared some months ago, appears not to be taken-into-account by the airline.