Cabinet Could Cancel Parliamentary Meetings This Week And End Protests

Lite Beer

STREET PROTESTS

Cabinet could cancel parliamentary meetings this week and end protests

Praphan Jindalertudomdee,

Thanatpong Kongsai

The Nation on Sunday

BANGKOK: - Pheu Thai MP who moved one reconciliation bill ready to review his draft

Cabinet may opt to cancel the parliamentary session scheduled for Tuesday, Pheu Thai MP Samart Kaewmeechai said yesterday.

If that happens, street protests could be prevented for months. However, PM's Office Minister Worawat Auapinyakul said such a move was unlikely, as bills on money laundering and terrorism were on the agenda for deliberation.

Rallies planned by the yellow shirts and multicoloured shirts to protest against draft 'reconciliation' bills have also been postponed following the cancellation of parliamentary meetings scheduled for this week.

Samart, who proposed one of the reconciliation bills, said that to reduce political tension, the bills could be considered at the next session, beginning on August 1.

In the meantime, Samart said he thought the drafts should be reviewed and polished to clear doubts such as whether Bt46 billion confiscated from former premier Thaksin Shinawatra would be refunded to him.

The Democrat Party held a rally yesterday in the square in front of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration headquarters to explain how the proposed laws would whitewash Thaksin and destroy Thailand's rule of law. Hundreds of people attended.

The anti-Thaksin People's Alliance for Democracy issued a statement yesterday to tell its supporters the overnight rally scheduled to start on Tuesday was postponed indefinitely but people should be ready to respond to calls for support at any time.

Tul Sitthisomwong, leader of the multicoloured group, said he would call on protesters to come out whenever a meeting is scheduled again on the reconciliation bill.

Pitoon Poomhiran, secretary-general of the House of Representatives, said he had had a call from House Speaker Somsak Kiartsuranont on Friday night informing him that the House-Senate joint meeting scheduled on Tuesday, and the House meetings on Wednesday and Thursday had all been cancelled. But he did not give the reason.

The House voted on Thursday, before an abrupt adjournment, to push the 'reconciliation' bill from item No 27 on the agenda to the top for deliberation. It will be considered once the House meets again.

Somsak had called the meeting on Friday but MPs could not get into Parliament due to the rallies. He later scheduled meetings for Wednesday and Thursday before these were cancelled.

A House-Senate joint meeting had been scheduled for the third reading of the amendment to Article 291 of the 2007 Constitution. This would have allowed the setting up of a new Constitution drafting assembly to write a new charter.

However, the Constitution Court on Friday said it had accepted five separate complaints questioning whether the amendment was constitutional. This resulted in an injunction, halting the third reading.

Somsak had previously said that MPs and senators would meet to discuss other issues on the

agenda but that meeting was also cancelled

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-03

"........ bills on money laundering and terrorism were on the agenda for deliberation."

But the priority is faux "reconciliation bills. Why is that?

Sent via my Dick Tracy 2-way Wrist Radio

Government: Parliament session remains opened until 2 crucial laws get approval

Hotnews-255506030006.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 June 2012 (NNT) – The government has confirmed that the current Parliamentary session will remain opened until 2 of its proposed laws have sailed through it.

PM’s Office Minister Worawat Uea-aphinyakun said that there has not been any plan to close the current Parliamentary session on Tuesday, June 5th, as some reports have suggested.

Mr. Worawat said that the current session will stay opened until the draft anti-money laundering law and the anti-financing of terrorism law have been approved by the Parliament.

The PM’s Office Minister stated that the 4 controversial reconciliation laws will likely be brought up again at the next Parliamentary session, after the deliberation of all drafts has been postponed indefinitely.

When asked about the Constitution Court’s order to the Parliament to suspend the deliberation of all 4 drafts, Mr. Worawat commented that the order, which has no legal endorsement, should not affect the process as such an action was viewed as interference into the Legislative Branch.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-06-03 footer_n.gif

Mr. Worawat said that the current session will stay opened until the draft anti-money laundering law and the anti-financing of terrorism law have been approved by the Parliament.

Mr. Worawat another Thaksin mouthpiece is adamant that this current maladministration is intent on legalizing theft and corruption along with actually paying compensation for those caught with their hands in the national coffers and to hell with the consequences.

Perhaps under this act all prisons will be closed the police force disbanded and Anarchy can then reign supreme.

Indeed a wonderful sentiment from Mr. Worawat a supposed patriot, From his comments I am led to believe Mr.Worawat is patriotic to Thaksin and his family and their cronies rather than Thailand. .

He might do well to remember that ,many people are not happy with this attempt to destroy the legal framework of the country and he along with his cronies might do well to remember that the very changes they wish to sponsor for their puppet master and his family and cronies may well come back to haunt them in acts of recrimination by those most harmed by this proposed perversion of the legal framework.

Every action has a consequence and the consequences of these proposed foolhardy ill conceived acts may well result in a very unpleasant outbreak of violence with dire consequences for the country and its peoples.

Never mind that Thaksin might extract his revenge and destroy the country as his spiteful malevolent mind tell him he must win at any price.

Then again perhaps not, with any good fortune the people of this country will, and it seems as if they already are seeing through the veil of deceit and criminality that shrouds Thaksin his family and their cronies.

...Mr. Worawat commented that the order, which has no legal endorsement, should not affect the process as such an action was viewed as interference into the Legislative Branch.

I'd really love to hear a Thai legal argument supporting his contention that a court order "has no legal endorsement" - sounds too much like an oxymoron. I wonder who "...viewed [the order] as interference into the Legislative Branch." - and why.

Frankly - the yellows are just as bad as the reds - the Red tactics are extreme, and so are the yellows. Both are idiots.

(But only one burned down 30 buildings in one day. )

YEAAAHHHH.

Only the REDS fight against the rich but for the sake of the super richthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Mr. Worawat another Thaksin mouthpiece is adamant that this current maladministration is intent on legalizing theft and corruption along with actually paying compensation for those caught with their hands in the national coffers and to hell with the consequences.

Perhaps under this act all prisons will be closed the police force disbanded and Anarchy can then reign supreme.

Indeed a wonderful sentiment from Mr. Worawat a supposed patriot, From his comments I am led to believe Mr.Worawat is patriotic to Thaksin and his family and their cronies rather than Thailand. .

He might do well to remember that ,many people are not happy with this attempt to destroy the legal framework of the country and he along with his cronies might do well to remember that the very changes they wish to sponsor for their puppet master and his family and cronies may well come back to haunt them in acts of recrimination by those most harmed by this proposed perversion of the legal framework.

Every action has a consequence and the consequences of these proposed foolhardy ill conceived acts may well result in a very unpleasant outbreak of violence with dire consequences for the country and its peoples.

Never mind that Thaksin might extract his revenge and destroy the country as his spiteful malevolent mind tell him he must win at any price.

Then again perhaps not, with any good fortune the people of this country will, and it seems as if they already are seeing through the veil of deceit and criminality that shrouds Thaksin his family and their cronies.

+1

Frankly - the yellows are just as bad as the reds - the Red tactics are extreme, and so are the yellows. Both are idiots.

YEAAAHHHH.

Only the REDS fight against the rich but for the sake of the super richthumbsup.gif

But who burnt down the buildings. The Head Red. Yes I believe the people in red shirts are poor people. I also believe the people representing them on stage, by phone, and in the news papers are among the richest people in Thailand.
  • Like 1

YEAAAHHHH.

But who burnt down the buildings. The Head Red. Yes I believe the people in red shirts are poor people. I also believe the people representing them on stage, by phone, and in the news papers are among the richest people in Thailand.

who is the head red?

So the poor are fighting against the rich to make the richest richer? while complaining about being poor because of the richblink.png

And the richest are representing the poor against the rich, so there will be more richwai.gif

Does that sound reasonable to you?

"........ bills on money laundering and terrorism were on the agenda for deliberation."

But the priority is faux "reconciliation bills. Why is that?

Sent via my Dick Tracy 2-way Wrist Radio

money laundering and terrorism......there could be also some interesting things in it......

YEAAAHHHH.

who is the head red?

So the poor are fighting against the rich to make the richest richer? while complaining about being poor because of the richblink.png

And the richest are representing the poor against the rich, so there will be more richwai.gif

Does that sound reasonable to you?

Actually yes. He may not have put it very well but I think it's a fair comment. Big T is very much the super rich and he is happily manipulating the ignorant poor to get rid or his hated opposition the 'traditionally' rich elites, so he can enrich himself even more. Sounds like a perfectly good assessment to me, what do you think is happening?

Edited by allan michaud

...Mr. Worawat commented that the order, which has no legal endorsement, should not affect the process as such an action was viewed as interference into the Legislative Branch.

I'd really love to hear a Thai legal argument supporting his contention that a court order "has no legal endorsement" - sounds too much like an oxymoron. I wonder who "...viewed [the order] as interference into the Legislative Branch." - and why.

So now the former Education Minister and former Culture Minister is now PM's Office Minister.

Three cabinet positions marked by stellar performance and creative thinking and the gift of convoluted speech that the Constitution Court has no legal endorsement when they issue an injunction.

:

I am less enthusiastic about the tablet scheme now that I know they will spend 10% of the national education budget on it.

Yes, that was the news today. 6 BILLION BAHT per year.

The new Education Minister went on to say that it would come out of the budget that was previously devoted to providing free school uniforms for students as well as free textbooks.

The clueless guy Education Minister Worawut, who obviously has never come close to caring for school-aged children, said,

"This will not affect students and the overall education program because... uniforms do not need to be changed to new ones every year."

What a moron.

Another gem from the Chief of Educating the Youth of Thailand,

"The tablets will not completely replace textbooks. They will act like calculators to help the student to calculate faster."

blink.gif

Education Minister Worawat Ua-apinyakul previously was the genius as Culture Minister, when he came up with idea of producing black magic amulets, including phallus and buffalo-shaped ones, as souvenirs for tourists.

Phallus Symbols And Buffaloes To Attract More Tourists

http://www.thaivisa....-more-tourists/

Are they going to charge TS with terrorism?

Done.

2 years ago.

Thai court issues warrant for arrest of Thaksin Shinawatra

Fugitive former prime minister accused of fomenting two months of unrest in Bangkok in which 88 people died

A Thai court today issued an arrest warrant for the former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on terrorism charges, accusing the fugitive ex-leader of fomenting two months of unrest in Bangkok that left 88 people dead.

guardian.co.uk,

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Edited by Buchholz

Actually yes. He may not have put it very well but I think it's a fair comment. Big T is very much the super rich and he is happily manipulating the ignorant poor to get rid or his hated opposition the 'traditionally' rich elites, so he can enrich himself even more. Sounds like a perfectly good assessment to me, what do you think is happening?

exactly what you have described, this is why its so ironic.

They are fighting against the rich and yet are fighting for the super rich.

Though he is not manipulating them to to get rid of elite, he is manipulating them to keep getting richer, but stealing from the country, ie them.

Will they ever wake up?blink.png