Antivirus For Android - A Good Idea?

bino

I've just upgraded to a Galaxy S2, and as I was browsing through the Play Store to install all of my favorite apps, I saw an AVG app. I'd never even thought or considered this on my last Android, but having seen it, I'm intruiged. I did a search of the Play Store for "antivirus", and there are lots of apps and recognized names available.

Is it advisable to use? Anyone else using antivirus on ther Android? Which antivirus app are you using / which is best and why? Anyone ever had a virus?

Interested to hear what people think about this.

the whole debate is and has been out there for a long time ,i am sure there is lots of viruses out there by now

but i personally dont use an ant-virus yet as id not like a slow -down and shorter battery life tht comes with it

I may change my mind soon though ,if i get a virus that wipes my system or sends a few hundred dollars of SMS messages to

premium rate numbers etc

I don't use an antivirus app, but I use LBE Privacy guard. The privacy problem is always there, apps that access your phones ID, contacts, etc .. this app allows you to set the permissions for each app easily.