Building A New House

sweeex

Hi all !

I guess many of you farangs who have a lasting relation with a thaigirl /woman, has got the question if you are able to finace or build a new home for the famely/parents. ?

every single one of my friends that have a thai girl have made some sort of arrengment for the parents, built new house, renovated , etc, and that´s fine , in many cases it´s really needed! and if we can afford it ,,then why not?

A friend of mine will sponsor and help his womans famely financialy to a new house/home,

But time is a problem , he cant be there al the time to supervice any construction, and feel that he dont "know" the other famely members(brothers) enogh to trust them with finance.

my question is

I have heard about "ready built houses" thai style ,, were the house are built and ready, and after buying it the company come and assamble the house on the property in question, this was (as I heard) a fast a and easy way get new home built.

Up north near chang mai area I was told it was "many" house building companys like this???

Here in the west, it´s the usuall way to build, I guess al of you know,, in sweden we have a lot of different companys that offer different styles and sizes,

I would need some help to find any such house building company in thailand,, adresses,, phone numbers,websites?,,,,,,,

if they have any office in bangkok area?were houses can be seen ? anything at al would be helpful,

I have searched the web without result, does any of you have any experiace of these houses/companys?

Luckely my thaiwife had a rather good home built when we meet, but it needs to be restored and build bigger now, we have a daughter on 10 month now :o

so,, any threads from you would be most welcome, or hints were to find it in this forum. Bye,,

Hi all !

I guess many of you farangs who have a lasting relation with a thaigirl /woman, has got the question if you are able to finace or build a new home for the famely/parents. ?

every single one of my friends that have a thai girl have made some sort of arrengment for the parents, built new house, renovated , etc, and that´s fine , in many cases it´s really needed! and if we can afford it ,,then why not?

A friend of mine will sponsor and help his womans famely financialy to a new house/home,

But time is a problem , he cant be there al the time to supervice any construction, and feel that he dont "know" the other famely members(brothers) enogh to trust them with finance.

my question is

I have heard about "ready built houses" thai style ,, were the house are built and ready, and after buying it the company come and assamble the house on the property in question, this was (as I heard) a fast a and easy way get new home built.

Up north near chang mai area I was told it was "many" house building companys like this???

Here in the west, it´s the usuall way to build, I guess al of you know,, in sweden we have a lot of different companys that offer different styles and sizes,

I would need some help to find any such house building company in thailand,, adresses,, phone numbers,websites?,,,,,,,

if they have any office in bangkok area?were houses can be seen ? anything at al would be helpful,

I have searched the web without result, does any of you have any experiace of these houses/companys?

Luckely my thaiwife had a rather good home built when we meet, but it needs to be restored and build bigger now, we have a daughter on 10 month now :o

so,, any threads from you would be most welcome, or hints were to find it in this forum. Bye,,

Hi all !

my question is

Yes they do have a prefab thai style wood houses. I looked at them also. There is a builder on ChangWattana near the new over pass. They seem good to deal with. They have models set up for viewing. Price resonable. And they only ask for 30% down and upon delivery another 30% then the remainder upon completion.. The way contracting should be. And the will go anywere in the country to set up.

Remember if they are a good contractor in thiland they will usually want a percentage up front and the remainder upon completion ONLY. If you get a contractor that wants to much up front or pay before they are finished, chances after you pay you are not going to get what you want...I have some experience wirh building in Thailand and helping some one with a business...

Luckely my thaiwife had a rather good home built when we meet, but it needs to be restored and build bigger now, we have a daughter on 10 month now :D

Hi all !

my question is

Luckely my thaiwife had a rather good home built when we meet, but it needs to be restored and build bigger now, we have a daughter on 10 month now :D

As i have learned from watching this forum a new house costs from 0,8 to 1 mill bath. A simple good house that is. But prebuildt houses i've not heard about in thailand. But i guess the maine construction of a brickhouse clould be done within 1 month. The finishing somewhat more.

Correct me if i am wrong...... :o

I think a month is a little optimistic, to say the least.

Building is not mechanized like in the west. Its done by hand, few power tools and heavy equipment.

Hot weather slows the pace, people are only human!

My developer told me it will take 6-8 months from start to turning the key.

My friend got the same info from his developer.

Remodeling an old house in BKK. Close topic. Guess this would be a place to start. We are now in the US but plan to repair my wife's house when we return. Her brothers got an estimate of 1 million Baht. You should be able to completely rebuild it for that. Let me say that the contractor has no knowledge of farang money being involved. I am in construction here (Alaska) and could probably fly some guys over there, buy tools and do it cheaper. Just seems wrong to me. Anyone have contacts who would be willing to bid or to help me do it?

Remodeling an old house in BKK. Close topic. Guess this would be a place to start. We are now in the US but plan to repair my wife's house when we return. Her brothers got an estimate of 1 million Baht. You should be able to completely rebuild it for that. Let me say that the contractor has no knowledge of farang money being involved. I am in construction here (Alaska) and could probably fly some guys over there, buy tools and do it cheaper. Just seems wrong to me. Anyone have contacts who would be willing to bid or to help me do it?

No doubt it could be done much faster and cheaper as oyur guys would know how to go real fast.

However, 15 minutes after the first guy opens his toolbox the cops will show up and bust everybody for working.

Try to get estimates but stay hidden as the price will zoom up if you are seen to be involved.

Chok dee.

As i have learned from watching this forum a new house costs from 0,8 to 1 mill bath. A simple good house that is. But prebuildt houses i've not heard about in thailand. But i guess the maine construction of a brickhouse clould be done within 1 month. The finishing somewhat more.

Correct me if i am wrong...... :o

you would be lucky to find a builder to start building in one month, and i doubt you could build anything more complex than a barn in one month, at least not where i live. the average is about 8 months.

there was a thread about pre-fab houses about 1 year ago but i can't find it now. i remember a place in BKK that builds all teak pre fab houses that were assembled on site, but can't find their web site either.

Remember a house built in Bangkok is supported by driven poles deep into the ground and a cement/rebar frame and no supporting walls so you may need to destroy everything to rebuild if you can not use the original foundation. Not to mention that you will probably have to raise the level a foot every 15 years or so.

I don't know anything about their building techniques. A whole new subject of study. For now I am at the elementary stage of guestimating the cost so we can make a plan. Hope to start next winter. It seems that if insect infestation in wood walls was the problem, that rebuilding the wall in concrete of some kind would be more permanent. Then of course the problem of insulation and siding for energy efficiency. In my work we see a lot of tin studwork in commercial blds. Now getting way ahead of myself. Thanks, kc

I don't know anything about their building techniques. A whole new subject of study. For now I am at the elementary stage of guestimating the cost so we can make a plan. Hope to start next winter. It seems that if insect infestation in wood walls was the problem, that rebuilding the wall in concrete of some kind would be more permanent. Then of course the problem of insulation and siding for energy efficiency. In my work we see a lot of tin studwork in commercial blds. Now getting way ahead of myself. Thanks, kc

If you are talking a wood home (most homes in Bangkok built in the last 30 years are cement/brick) it will indeed be expensive as wood is very high priced here. The alternative are artificial wood which the termites don't eat and are not too bad looking now. But it is not cheap construction in any case. Have never seen steel studs for walls here (they use steel for roof support often now) if you do not go with the main materials you are likely to have to spend a large extra cost to find people able to build with anything but cement and brick type materials. I would not consider 1m baht in Bangkok to be too excessive for major renovations.

1mil! Well I guess some things aren't so cheap in Thailand. That is discouraging. I could do it cheaper here in Ak. I was also thinking cement materiels would be more permanent than replacing the wood. Still have to insulate and cover though.

Look in the photo albums section here for Jai Dee's pics of his house under construction.

Tons of pics showing the construction methods.

Thanks for the info. Interesting. A lot of good info on this forum. I also posted the other forums. So far I don't have any references in BKK other than family. Some good ideas presented. I have hear that the 1 mil est could be valid and others have said you could build the whole house for that.

Look in the photo albums section here for Jai Dee's pics of his house under construction.

Tons of pics showing the construction methods.

Thanks for the info. Interesting. A lot of good info on this forum. I also posted the other forums. So far I don't have any references in BKK other than family. Some good ideas presented. I have hear that the 1 mil est could be valid and others have said you could build the whole house for that.

Depends where you are. BKK & Phuket are going to be more spensive than anywhere else.

1 million would get you a decent house in Isaan for sure.

BKK depends on where in BKK, house condition etc etc.

Find as much info as you can before you commit to anything.

Hello, I´ll start with,Thanks for al the info, great forum, , What I wounder over is how "advanced" house /home, my friend should build for his girl´s famely,, ? Their home is up issan, karasin,

and the house they now live in is real bad, when I saw it last year it was no more than shead, roof and thin "paper"walls on poles,with a newly built concrete kitchen on the side, ofcourse they would aprisiate a home as we consider to be necesary for ourselfs. but,,, a house in 1 mil class,, ? In my opinion it´s a bit high. for my walet anyway,,

I will report back with info how it turnes out, bye,,