Manchester United

redrus

Just now, petermik said:

Our biggest test so far this season at Anfield later today....much presure on Klopp and Liverpool to produce a result.....my only concern is the ref...Martin Atkinson :sad:

My heart says - were gonna come out fighting for this one and put a real dent on your campaign. Take the wind out of your sail and get inside mourinhos head with an emphatic win and send the stink home sulking.

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

My heart says - were gonna come out fighting for this one and put a real dent on your campaign. Take the wind out of your sail and get inside mourinhos head with an emphatic win and send the stink home sulking.

The confidence coming out from the Liverpool camp is mind boggling, anyone who has been following either team will attest form goes out of the window.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What do you reds think of Mourinho comments on his contract situation these past few days?

Typical Mourinho tactic for shifting the focus away from the performance against Liverpool. Journo's are now only talking about him going to PSG instead of the match. They fall for it hook, line and sinker every time 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What do you reds think of Mourinho comments on his contract situation these past few days?

He ain't going anywhere, the press twist everything he says, nothing in it he has replied in his press conference for tonight's game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nev said:

Yes I think so and he will get one.

Yh but how the hell has united left it so late. You saying mourinho is simply blowing air fir the sake of a diversion or is there a division at board level? Ancelotti sacked, mourinho kicking off - coincidence?

Maybe fergie don't want JM at the helm. Call it personal interest.

Edited by Rc2702

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh but how the hell has united left it so late. You saying mourinho is simply blowing air fir the sake of a diversion or is there a division at board level? Ancelotti sacked, mourinho kicking off - coincidence?

Maybe fergie don't want JM at the helm. Call it personal interest.

Fergie is probably Mourinho's biggest supporter. Bobby Charlton cannot stand him.

Mourinho is just trying to negotiate himself as good a deal as he can. 2 cups in his first season is a good basis to start from. He won't go to PSG; he'll be in Neymar's shadow.

19 hours ago, nev said:

He ain't going anywhere, the press twist everything he says, nothing in it he has replied in his press conference for tonight's game.

Mourinho has been playing these mind games for season after season.For real football followers surely everyone has woken up to it by now.

For journos they have to fill space and Mourinho is simple a great source of copy for them.No one seems to talk about the games its alll about whats happening off the field.

Dead boring, poor journalism from some

• Like 1

Shaw had another 90 mins in the reserves last Monday, I think it was, and this weekend is the perfect time to give him a run and, if not it would appear he's not wanted by Mourinho.

Lindelof showed better form last night although he's another one thats hardly been seen.

Young striker James Wilson hopefully will go out on loan in January another young casualty coming back after months of rehabilitation.

One of my close friends, now a retired  physio, still belives young players, that are still in a growth spurt, are victims of too much stress on their bodies before the body is stable.He quotes Danny Wellbeck as the perfect example.I think he may well be right.I well remember Michael Owen saying the same thing.too many games, too quickly in his case

19 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Mourinho's now banging on about other managers crying about injuries and that he never does that. Yet on Saturday he did exactly that.

"Spurs had more shots on target in the first 29 mins than United did in the full 90 mins at Anfield"

Thats the type of stats he should be addressing.  Or 15m per annum salary, 300m on players and only 6th place in the league.

He's a proven winner,  that can't be denied,  but i find his style of football negative and dull and of course he's a horrid little <deleted> too.

My point being, he's paid quite enough,  certainly enough to have had the balls to go to Anfield to play a Liverpool side with a suspect defense and have a go at trying to win rather than turning up in total negativity.  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, carmine said:

"Spurs had more shots on target in the first 29 mins than United did in the full 90 mins at Anfield"

Thats the type of stats he should be addressing.  Or 15m per annum salary, 300m on players and only 6th place in the league.

He's a proven winner,  that can't be denied,  but i find his style of football negative and dull and of course he's a horrid little <deleted> too.

My point being, he's paid quite enough,  certainly enough to have had the balls to go to Anfield to play a Liverpool side with a suspect defense and have a go at trying to win rather than turning up in total negativity.  

I was referring to the 29 mins at the Bernabeu!!

It is rather unfair not to mention the League cup and Europa league which of course United won.  However i wonder how the season would be reviewed had Ajax won.  That 15m salary, 300m spent and 6th place would reflect very differently. Yes its ifs and buts but i still think its a strong enough argument to suggest he's paid quite enough and with the likes of Ancelotti available next season Mourinho has work still to do for a new contract.

If anyone other than petermik would like to discuss i'm all ears!

4 hours ago, carmine said:

The best United side since Ferguson’s reign you’d think would of had a go at a team there for the taking. 

Even Maribor had more shots in a 7 nil home defeat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Maribor had more shots in a 7 nil Home defeat. 

The best side United have had since Ferguson’s reign you’d think would have a go at a Liverpool side there for the taking.

50 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Didn't see that one coming. Can't wait for Maureen's excuses.

Blamed his players. 

1 point from 6 against top half opposition.

Honetly don’t see how they’ve improved greatly, how much has he spent? 

Tough league 

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Do we have any opinions from ManU fans (know they're few these days) on Saturday / Maureen's excuses?

After last night the fans must be asking the question;  Is that the Liverpool defense our manager didn't have the balls to go and attack?  And a very good question too because United have the strikers and attacking midfield to have done what Spurs did.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

After last night the fans must be asking the question;  Is that the Liverpool defense our manager didn't have the balls to go and attack?  And a very good question too because United have the strikers and attacking midfield to have done what Spurs did.

me thinks  its not very wise  to slag Mou at all, he just luvs these type of  sitiuations, sure he will have M/U ready for next   Saturdays  early kick off showdown,   against Totts  and secondly i would have  Mou as my manager anytime over  your Poch , who has,nt won a crumpet ,which fits in  with Totts pedigree     in fact a perfect couple   so to speak    a very nice morning to all:smile:

6 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

me thinks  its not very wise  to slag Mou at all, he just luvs these type of  sitiuations, sure he will have M/U ready for next   Saturdays  early kick off showdown,   against Totts  and secondly i would have  Mou as my manager anytime over  your Poch , who has,nt won a crumpet ,which fits in  with Totts pedigree     in fact a perfect couple   so to speak    a very nice morning to all:smile:

You need to learn to difference between constructive criticism and slagging off, cobber.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

United's display on the weekend was abysmal.A wet and windy stadium packed to the rafters with passionate  home fans  and after 10 minutes you could see what was coming. Martials petulant behaviour showed he, for one, wasnt up for it and he could well could have been replaced well before half time.

Mata and Herrara were bullied off the ball time and time again and I never thought I would say United missed Fellaini's physical prescence. Without him and Pogba's muscle  the midfields combatative prescence  was invisible.  Matic cant do it all by himself

Herrara was totally right after the game in what he said, a very honest assessment. I never take any notice of Mourinho post match he has his own agenda

Mourinho says he wont use injuries as an excuse but 8 players geting treatment must come into the equation .They are once again top of Physio Rooms table of wounded.

Its been a relatively easy draw on paper so far for United.Swansea away during the week and Spurs next weekend is going to be pivotal moment in their season. CL  progress is almsot assured but unless there is a turn around they will be sliding down the PL league table.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

United's display on the weekend was abysmal.A wet and windy stadium packed to the rafters with passionate  home fans  and after 10 minutes you could see what was coming. Martials petulant behaviour showed he, for one, wasnt up for it and he could well could have been replaced well before half time.

Mata and Herrara were bullied off the ball time and time again and I never thought I would say United missed Fellaini's physical prescence. Without him and Pogba's muscle  the midfields combatative prescence  was invisible.  Matic cant do it all by himself

Herrara was totally right after the game in what he said, a very honest assessment. I never take any notice of Mourinho post match he has his own agenda

Mourinho says he wont use injuries as an excuse but 8 players geting treatment must come into the equation .They are once again top of Physio Rooms table of wounded.

Its been a relatively easy draw on paper so far for United.Swansea away during the week and Spurs next weekend is going to be pivotal moment in their season. CL  progress is almsot assured but unless there is a turn around they will be sliding down the PL league table.

There is an irony over the injury situation because as you say its a very legitimate point to pull up.  Eight players sidelined going into a busy stage of the season is worrying and what is sorely need in such circumstances is a lot of hard graft.

I find it hilarious that those attached to lesser performing teams lower in the table jump in here and attempt to stick the boot in because manu has lost one game, Mourinho is a season behind most of the (contending) others when it comes to team building so "still" running 2nd is quite an achievement.

In this particular match the ref ignored some hard careless challenges that many other refs would not have tolerated, Pulling - Pushing - Charging with no attempt on the ball, that sort of football might be ok in the lower divisions - it should not be tolerated in EPL

• Like 1