redrus

champions again.

now on to rome to defend our trophy.

Where to begin?

How about back 2 back 2 back champs

Or who the most successful team now

Or a draw against hull and we better last years point total

Or doing it all against liverpool?

The last one has a particular sweet sound too it.

No doubt rafa still thinks they have a shot at the title.

There's a nice list here for those browsing this fine thread from other teams, take a look at success you can smell it theirs so much of it.

So take a :D now its party time :):D

http://www.sportingchronicle.com/2009/03/2...e-past-winners/

Of course they are successful, that is why you and certain others (who shall remain nameless :D ) support them. If Stockport County had had the same success you would be supporting them.

Crap game but man it feels good! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Makes you wonder how many young lads will get a game against Hull City next week.....

a pleasant problem for Fergie........... :)

Interesting, because Hull are in the relegation battle.

Fergie is certain to rest his major players for the final on the 27th May.

I will be watching the odds closely when Ladbrokes release their match odds on the match this Thursday and get in early for a Hull victory or a draw and make a pile of cash.

:D

There's a nice list here for those browsing this fine thread from other teams, take a look at success you can smell it theirs so much of it.

Of course they are successful, that is why you and certain others (who shall remain nameless :D ) support them. If Stockport County had had the same success you would be supporting them.

Sour grapes there mate lost ya shell suit have we :D

555 i followed united all through 70s and 80s when we won not much at all so i think i can enjoy these glory years!

as a follow up to what apparently was said by team mates to CR following Barca's 6-2 crushing of Real Madrid "Ron, if you go to Madrid, you will end up playing Center Half" :) , it seems that he is looking more and more like staying put (sorry LP, Chels and Arse Fans)..

Cristiano Ronaldo is set to sign a £6million-a-year sponsorship deal with sportswear giants Nike.

The Manchester United star is on the verge of agreeing the biggest annual endorsement package in the game.

He will move closer to becoming the highest-paid footballer in the world.

The deal will mean Ronaldo doubling his current £120,000-a-week United salary and will once again help Sir Alex Ferguson keep his top player out of the clutches of Real Madrid this summer.

It would not make marketing sense to Nike – who are in the middle of a kit deal with United worth £300m – if Ronaldo joined a club sponsored by commercial rivals adidas.

And Ferguson’s long-term vision that the Portuguese international will become a central striker explains why United are refusing the pay the £28m it will cost them to keep Carlos Tevez at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo, 24, was recently placed behind David Beckham, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Ronaldinho of AC Milan in a football rich list of annual earnings.

Ronaldo will see further development of the CR7 leisure range during the peak seasons of his career.

But United have made it clear that they will not be ready to renegotiate his playing deal for another 12 months.

Sour grapes there mate lost ya shell suit have we :D

Left it in Hale Barns Mali. :D

i see the little fat spanish waiter is abad loser. maybe he should stick to taking his food orders on the touchline during the game instead of ordering pints of bitter

2006 Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote:

"Chelsea deserve all the plaudits they will get and, especially on their home form, they are worthy champions."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4933716.stm

2007 Jose Mourinho

Quote:

"I have to congratulate the champions, the players, the manager, the fans, the board; all the people that helped them to be champions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/6630789.stm

2008 Avram Grant

Quote:

"United had a great season, played very well and are champions," said Grant.

"I especially want to congratulate Sir Alex Ferguson. He is a great manager and a great person."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/7395137.stm

Arsene Wenger

Quote:

"My message to United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is congratulations for the achievement - and get ready for the fight next year."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/7381801.stm

2009 Rafael Benitez

Quote:

"Normally you have to be polite and respect the other manager but during the season we have seen a lot of things that I didn't like, so that's it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/8054673.stm

Breaking News

Police have confirmed that 2 Premiership footballers had their houses burgled yesterday afternoon. Ryan Giggs lost 70 Wales Caps, 10 premiership medals, 2 Champions League, 1 European Cup winners, 5 FA Cup, 1 League Cup, 2 World Club champions, 8 Charity shield and 1 super cup medals. Fernando Torres has lost a kettle and a toaster. :)

(before you get all excited, I didn't come up with this one)

Yea, class act that boy is.

He reminds me of the old days when SAF and Wenger used to go at it pretty hard - minus the intelligence or wit.

He's a sad individual, who has tried to blame everyone else and everything for his own mistakes. He should take a look in the mirror one morning. Titles are one by concentrating on your own team, not whining about others.

Anyway it made me chuckl, sure that Fergies not going to lose much sleep over Manuel.

Yea, class act that boy is.

He reminds me of the old days when SAF and Wenger used to go at it pretty hard - minus the intelligence or wit.

He's a sad individual, who has tried to blame everyone else and everything for his own mistakes. He should take a look in the mirror one morning. Titles are one by concentrating on your own team, not whining about others.

Anyway it made me chuckl, sure that Fergies not going to lose much sleep over Manuel.

Your comment is spot on. When I saw that Benitez had said in answer to "are United the best team ?" the reply "It just means they have more points" is churlish and childish. I didnt think that United were anywhere near their potential this year. Stats show they had more opportunities to score than any other team and the conversion rate wasnt up to scratch.HOWEVER they concentration levels were right up there.

Actually having Benitez managing Liverpool was a bonus for United. Liverpools 11 draws caused mainly by his selection policy of taking lower teams for granted was maybe the decider.Only one team Middlesborough was able to knock off one of the big four (Liverpool) but every team was capable of scrapping out a draw. At the end of the day Liverpool have won nothing and being close is like being one off in the lottery....... means zip.

Council Assent To Parade

redissue

Should we win in Rome

Still doesn't explain or make up for the disgraceful decision not to last year. Morons.

"First of all, congratulations to the team for reaching the final, which is an incredible achievement in itself," said Councillor Mike Amesbury, executive member for Culture and Leisure at Manchester City Council.

"We would be delighted to see the team now go on and win the Champions League and celebrate in the appropriate way with a parade through the city."

redrus

redissue

Monday, 18th May 2009

A magic number

1 - Is Georgie Best

2 - World Club Champions for the second time.

3 - League titles won consecutively. The first English team to do this twice.

4 - Trophies so far (Charity Shield, World Cup Champions, League Cup, Premier League)

5 - Teenagers who have played in the league this season.

6 - Facts in Benitez's rant.

7 - Points dropped at home all season.

8 - Points dropped by Liverpool at home to Stoke, Hull, City and Fulham.

9 - Days till Rome

10 - Assists by Dimitar Berbatov. The most in the Premier League.

11 - Championships for Sir Alex Ferguson

12 - Cantonas! The man who's influence provided the spark back in 1993.

13 - Home grown players used in the league campaign. (Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher, Evans, Macheda, Rafael, Wellbeck, Possebon, Gibson, Eckersley.)

14 - Nationalities of players (English, Dutch, French, Portuguese, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Welsh, Korean, Serbian, Irish, Scottish, Polish, Argentinean, Italian)

15 - Goals conceded with Ferdinand and Vidic both playing.

16 - Years since Fergie's first championship in 1993

17 - Age of Macheda when he scored on his debut against Aston Villa.

18 - League titles won by Manchester United

No Dignity On Merseyside

Monday, 18th May 2009

And no surprise there

Bitter Benitez makes a tit of himself again, "I will say congratulations to Manchester United. They have done well, but I do not want to say too much. Normally you have to be polite and respect the other manager. During the season we have seen a lot of things I didn't like, so that's it."

Vidic Named Fans' And Players' Player Of The Year

Fully deserved accolades

"It's a great night for me," Vidic said on receiving the awards. "It has been a really good year. I am surprised I got it but I have really enjoyed it. I developed here as a player. Thank you to the players and the coaching staff. Since I came here three and a half years ago I have progressed every year and I'm proud of that. I enjoy it here. I like being with the players and I'm very happy here."

redrus

No surprises here to see a Utd thread obsessed about Liverpool FC :D

Yawn.....

Devil, we just beat you to the title, equaled your record, try not to be like the rest and show a bit of grace. :)

No-one will ever be able to give an exact figure on who talks about who the most but, please fella come on, Rafa makes his own bed....!

redrus

No surprises here to see a Utd thread obsessed about Liverpool FC :)

It was ok for you lot to give it loads when you beat us 4-1 at OT, was it not???

Oh and Devil, it makes it much moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee sweeter to win it this year and get number 18 cos you lot could smell the trophy and almost touch it for the 1st time in 19 years. :D

f.......... get it :D

The only obsession in this discussion is Rafas hatred/jealousy of Ferguson.He has been on about it all season instead of focussing on his own team and his own mistakes like spending 20 m on Keane ,leaving him on the bench, and then selling him or was that Fergusons fault too ?

However nice to see some Liverpool players, and supporters ,making up for Rafa's petty behaviour, why dont you join them ?

The only obsession in this discussion is Rafas hatred/jealousy of Ferguson.He has been on about it all season instead of focussing on his own team and his own mistakes like spending 20 m on Keane ,leaving him on the bench, and then selling him or was that Fergusons fault too ?

However nice to see some Liverpool players, and supporters ,making up for Rafa's petty behaviour, why dont you join them ?

:D

Id agree with this Fergie seems to do these windups as a bit of a joke and to see what happens, but there doesnt seen to be any genuine malice in them, whereas Rafa seems to have gone off the rails and seems madder then Gordon Brown when it comes to Fergie with a genuine hatred towards him, the man ought to take a step back.

Saying that i always wonder if these arguments are set up by the Premier League in a WWF wrestling kind of way to get press attention thus getting free advertising, as surely these highly paid, knowledgeable men cant think like this for real!

Id agree with this Fergie seems to do these windups as a bit of a joke and to see what happens, but there doesnt seen to be any genuine malice in them, whereas Rafa seems to have gone off the rails and seems madder then Gordon Brown when it comes to Fergie with a genuine hatred towards him, the man ought to take a step back.

Saying that i always wonder if these arguments are set up by the Premier League in a WWF wrestling kind of way to get press attention thus getting free advertising, as surely these highly paid, knowledgeable men cant think like this for real!

think rafa's been cool as a cucumber to be honest. he calmly and collectedly stated facts in his statement about ferguson and united influencing referees, it wasn't a 'rant' like the press labelled it.

and it was ferguson who looked pretty dam_n foolish when he ganged up with allardyce to attempt that 'contempt' <deleted> about rafa's innocent gesture against blackburn. ferguson even fuc_ked that up by referring to it in a press conference before allardyce had even mentioned it. mind games my arse. he's a bully who the referees and FA are afraid of.

mind games my arse. he's a bully who the referees and FA are afraid of.

Id agree with that he thinks he's some kind of world changing leader, but from an outsiders perspective Rafa has come across as delusional in all this and made a tit of himself.

Of course you are correct Stevie - Rafa is the biggest sportsman in the land. :) Funny how even your favorite newspaper columnists called him out for being a 'poor sport'.

Other managers might say "we had a good year and came very close to getting the title away from Utd. In coming so close, it only motivates the entire LP football club - from players to management to supporters to work even harder this off season to ensure we win the league next year. My congratulation to SAF and UTD for winning the league and a hard fought season...."

But no, Rafa the sore loser basically has <deleted> on LP's strong season by acting the way he has. Any attempt to justify his remarks only emphasizes them.

Of course you are correct Stevie - Rafa is the biggest sportsman in the land. :) Funny how even your favorite newspaper columnists called him out for being a 'poor sport'.

Other managers might say "we had a good year and came very close to getting the title away from Utd. In coming so close, it only motivates the entire LP football club - from players to management to supporters to work even harder this off season to ensure we win the league next year. My congratulation to SAF and UTD for winning the league and a hard fought season...."

But no, Rafa the sore loser basically has <deleted> on LP's strong season by acting the way he has. Any attempt to justify his remarks only emphasizes them.

<deleted>. ferguson has got away with murder for years bullying referees, ignoring the fa, slagging off other managers, putting pressure on those who run the game and of course boycotting interviews with leading broadcasters and press when he doesn't get his way. he's a petulant, arrogant, classless and graceless arsehol_e who considers himself bigger than the game. rafa is the first manager to really call him out on it and ferguson begins a pisspoor structured campaign to attempt a character assassination in partnership with his fellow gobshite sam allardyce.

i'm delighted that rafa congratulated united's team but didn't congratulate the manager. it just once again highlighted what a classless arsehol_e ferguson has been again all season long. he's won loads, he's clearly a great manager. but he remains a graceless and classless arsehol_e.

Rafa the sore loser basically has <deleted> on LP's strong season by acting the way he has

Why so? whats this got to do with our season?

And regarding the Raffa Fergie nonsense. Get over it already. Fergie cant stand Raffa - Raffa cant stand Fergie... Makes it all that more interesting when we do the double over you again next season :D