Manchester United

redrus

All he had to say was " Play on, advantage played " or whatever the correct term they use is/was however i dont' believe he has to fully justify any decision, or non decision in thsi case, to anyone but the Captain's IF even he feels he needs to..

Play to the whistle..

No whistle, no decision, it's not difficult & is rule number 1 that we're taught when learnign the Game, but maybe not in Brazil..;)

& he's right in what he said, that is/was his only mistake..

"What we had there was a failure to communicate."

I should also add that Nani is the most despicable, cynical cheat in the league and should have been booked.

Thank the Lord that loathesome gobshite does'nt play for my team.

perhaps hes trying to take over the mantle of his compatriot ronaldo. that being a loathsome cheating gobshite, that is. wink.gif

As prevalent in the game today as cheating is, Nani takes it to a whole new level. Hopefully what goes around...... Atleast Ronaldo is a class player.

I should also add that Nani is the most despicable, cynical cheat in the league and should have been booked.

Thank the Lord that loathesome gobshite does'nt play for my team.

He goes to ground too often, too easily, and can be as frustrating as fukc at times, but as for worst cheat in the league, think there are a few other more notable contenders for that throne. Drogba springs to mind for one.

Still, if Nani comes out with any more of this self-proclaimed "best footballer in the world" crap, he might slip down in my estimation sufficiently to warrant a review.

Nice result btw chaps last night. After 30 mins we really hit our stride and there was only going to be one winner.

The supporters there are amazing though.

One man who wasn't: Berba. Since the hattrick, it's all been downhill. Flashes of brilliance, yes. Is that all he is ever going to offer? One wonders. And the slumped shoulders drive me crazy.

He couldn't have done BJ, that's not the Rules that he has to implement..

If Clattenburg had done what you suggest, he would have been wrong & not done his job properly, he can't win the Fella can he ??

A delibrate Hand Ball is a Yellow Card, Nani hadn't been booked & it's debatable if it was a Pen or not, i've seen " worse " given many a time..

Clattenburg played the advantage as it was in Gomez hands, Clattenburg made the decision that it would have ben to T*ttingham's advantage to play on instead of holding the Game up, ( maybe thinking Gomez could get them breaking quickly ) but instead, the Idiot Lurch Goalkeeper put the Ball down when there was clearly no whistle & no Free Kick & paid the price..

That's what happend, whether people like it or not.

Amongst all the crap, a succinct and accurate summation of the events which, "no", i didn't like, but the bleating i like even less.

(Not that most of the regular spurs contributors here have been bleating, i hasten to add)

Anyway, was happy to see Harry escape any action for his comments. Thought he spoke about it all with a lot of sense. He praised Clattenburg for being in general a good ref, and made it clear he wasn't accusing him of anything intentionally unfair - just that he thought he handled it badly. Something i think we can all agree on.

As prevalent in the game today as cheating is,

Thinking JJ right? wink.gif

Given his persuasion, i'd say personally that was just a natural falling over..;)

As i said on the Tottenham thread i thought his dive was pathetic and i praise the ref for booking him.

As prevalent in the game today as cheating is,

Thinking JJ right? wink.gif

Given his persuasion, i'd say personally that was just a natural falling over..;)

As i said on the Tottenham thread i thought his dive was pathetic and i praise the ref for booking him.

You're so Homophobic Carmine it's scary..:whistling:

Thought we played well last night controlled the game and 3 excellent goals in the 2nd half.

And when bebe came on we had lazy and the tramp up front

Berbatov frustrates me at times slagging team mates off but he is the one who needs to up his game.

That is 23 games unbeaten and in europe only 3 losses in 40 games now only teams to beat us are barcelona in the rome final bestikas when it was a dead rubber we had already qualified for the next roound and played a weakened team,and not technically a loss to bayern on away goals.

And i think we have won 9 out of the last 10 away games in europe.

Special mention to smalling he was excellent last night.

Berbatov frustrates me at times slagging team mates off but he is the one who needs to up his game.

Indeed.

Just simple things like getting himself onside seem all a bit too much trouble. Heaven forbid he should be forced from a stroll to a trot.

What a great game last night and brilliant atmosphere ended Rochdale 2 fcUTD 3

Little united did us proud last night anyone get a chance to watch the replay tonight at 1 am should do. :ph34r:

Edited by nev

Little united did us proud last night anyone get a chance to watch the replay tonight at 1 am should do. :ph34r:

Yeah well done FCUM.

It would be interesting if they got through the next round and drew United.

Yeah well done FCUM.

Or Ciddy, I reckon we could do them....! ;)

redrus

That was our worst display of the season and we stole the 3 points at the end.

And bebe played like someone was using a remote control to control him and had a bad reception.

With all the injuries and the virus going around fair play to the team that played grinding out a good win.

Edited by nev

Awful start. Very surprised to see Owen starting. Not at all surprised to see him last barely five minutes. One of those players. Not his fault of course, and must be so heart-breaking for the lad.

Commentators described Bebe as a raw talent, and one has to agree that there are many areas of his game that need a lot of polishing, not least of which i would say is passing into the box. Hopeless.

Obertan didn't have one of his best games, but did look a threat when he started running into the box. With defenders backing off him, sometimes it would have been nice to see him continue those runs.

Speaking of runs into the box, Wes had an awesome go at that, only to screw up his final ball. Shame.

Hernandez looked as lively as always. Nothing fell quite right but he continues to show much promise.

Fletcher made some great through balls, one of which led to Parky's goal. And speaking of Parky, his goals were obviously great, especially the winner, but more than that i thought his attitude was good and his runs into the box sharp. The lad just needs now to do something about that hair.

All in all, good to finally snatch victory from the jaws of a draw, as opposed to our recent habit of doing vice versa. And the unbeaten record continues....

Yeah well done FCUM.

One of us is gonna be crying in our beer on wednesday Red :D

Stuffy gits last night again eh.

Yeah well done FCUM.

One of us is gonna be crying in our beer on wednesday Red :D

Stuffy gits last night again eh.

Hope its a draw lads.....no scrapping in Soi Buakow please. :D

Give over, don't wanna win twice in one night..... :jap:

You're lucky I have a Mettatarsil injury :lol:

A what, a metatarsole injury, glad I did't meet you last night, sounds painful.... :lol:

redrus

A what, a metatarsole injury, glad I did't meet you last night, sounds painful.... :lol:

No, you're getting mixed up with an injury of over indulgence of Som Tam :D

No, you're getting mixed up with an injury of over indulgence of Som Tam :D

Surely that would be a Metatars-HOLE with Som Tam :blink:

BT :D

2 points dropped at city.

Thought we edged it and looked the only team trying to win the game,and mancini time wasting at the end to slow us down summed citys tactics up.

Carrick had a excellent game as did scholes and berbatov was excellent until he was taken off,it was a shame we had to sub the two fuulbacks as we could have gone more attacking for the last 20 minutes and won the game.

Thought we edged it and looked the only team trying to win the game,and mancini time wasting at the end to slow us down summed citys tactics up.

Carrick had a excellent game as did scholes and berbatov was excellent until he was taken off,it was a shame we had to sub the two fuulbacks as we could have gone more attacking for the last 20 minutes and won the game.

Actually Nev, i didn't think it was a bad point to get away from home, against a team that has in recent times done well against the big teams.

They started much brighter than us, and although they regressed progressively further from about 30 minutes in, they did have the best shot on goal.

We got stronger and stronger in the second half, but still had no real chances on goal.

For me, Fletcher was on good form. Berba had a few fancy dribbles, but still too much of the flapping his arms out when passes didn't come his way - all the more silly when some of his own passes weren't on target. And I thought we looked more creative when the Little Green Pea came on for him.

With the players City have, i think they could have really taken the game to us and possibly got something more, but i guess that's not the Italian way.

Give over nev and take off your Red tinted glasses for a second. The game was evenly matched and a point each was probably fair.

All in all though, it turned out to be a damp Squib IMO.

Actually Nev, i didn't think it was a bad point to get away from home, against a team that has in recent times done well against the big teams.

They started much brighter than us, and although they regressed progressively further from about 30 minutes in, they did have the best shot on goal.

We got stronger and stronger in the second half, but still had no real chances on goal.

For me, Fletcher was on good form. Berba had a few fancy dribbles, but still too much of the flapping his arms out when passes didn't come his way - all the more silly when some of his own passes weren't on target. And I thought we looked more creative when the Little Green Pea came on for him.

With the players City have, i think they could have really taken the game to us and possibly got something more, but i guess that's not the Italian way.

Fair description Alex.

I thought De Jong and Yaya were excellent for City.

Very few chances, not a great game.

Fair description Alex.

I thought De Jong and Yaya were excellent for City.

Very few chances, not a great game.

Sir Alex if you don't mind mate! wink.gif Hehe.

Yeah, not a great game.

Relieved that Tevez had no one for support. Think had he of done, he could have proved a menace.