Manchester United

redrus

Team for today........

DDG

RAFAEL VIDIC FERDINAND EVRA

VALENCIA FELLIANI CARRICK NANI

ROONEY HERNANDEZ

Saints must be bricking it...

You mean like they were bricking it when they came to Anfield?

I am a bit slow today rix....what was the score at Anfailed? maybe Bob can remind us.

It was 0-1 at Anfield, a bad result. United getting a draw at home isn't much better, but is becoming less of a shock these days.

#Moyesarmy

Edited by BangrakBob

But I was also saying that we only think the league is the best because it is "our" league (I am Welsh).

This is the point though nelly, it's not just us who think that. I live in Saudi and all my Saudi mates watch the EPL more than any other league. Yes, they watch other leagues but it's only ever the top teams they watch like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and Inter etc. They won't be watching Real Betis V Elche or Valladolid V Sevilla. Whereas with the Prem they know about the so called "lesser" teams and even put me to shame sometimes with their knowledge of the players in those "lesser" teams.

But don't take my word for it. I read only the other week that last year the Prem was broadcasted by about 80 broadcasters to over 200 countries and about 640m homes making it by far, the most popular league in the world.

Please don't get me wrong, I love our football, but it is definately not the best in the world,

I don't think anybody is saying that any particular team is the best in the world but the sum is greater than the parts. What league do you think is better than the EPL and more importantly, what is your criteria for defining "best"?

A nice post MBJ but marketing is what makes the BPL/EPL the most watched in the world not talent. Do McDonald's make the best burgers in the world...?

But I was also saying that we only think the league is the best because it is "our" league (I am Welsh).

This is the point though nelly, it's not just us who think that. I live in Saudi and all my Saudi mates watch the EPL more than any other league. Yes, they watch other leagues but it's only ever the top teams they watch like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and Inter etc. They won't be watching Real Betis V Elche or Valladolid V Sevilla. Whereas with the Prem they know about the so called "lesser" teams and even put me to shame sometimes with their knowledge of the players in those "lesser" teams.

But don't take my word for it. I read only the other week that last year the Prem was broadcasted by about 80 broadcasters to over 200 countries and about 640m homes making it by far, the most popular league in the world.

Please don't get me wrong, I love our football, but it is definately not the best in the world,

I don't think anybody is saying that any particular team is the best in the world but the sum is greater than the parts. What league do you think is better than the EPL and more importantly, what is your criteria for defining "best"?

At least we agree on something biggrin.png

The question about what defines the best illustrates my point perfectly. What is the best car in the world? What is the best dieting programme? The majority will never choose the best as they will not know what it is. They will choose what they have access to and make an opinion from that; and who can blame them. When I say them, I include myself. How many S.American games have I watched this year? None. How many European teams have I watched? A lot more. Am I an expert on European football? NO, Am I entitled to an opinion? Yes. Is it informed?????....probably not; and I think that goes for a lot of us. This is a generalisation but one that I think holds water.

• Like 1

Interesting point about Kagawa.

Makes me think of Schurrle at Chelsea. Blinding for the German national team but in the Prem...?

Different game I guess.

Have to say, the most impressive import with the most immediate fit in the Prem this season looks like the boy Ozil.

Maybe Ozil is a bit like Messi. Just give me the ball and I'll create magic whoever I'm playing.

Scholes. class.

Scholes and class in the same sentence. I think that is called a juxtaposition

Interesting point about Kagawa.

Makes me think of Schurrle at Chelsea. Blinding for the German national team but in the Prem...?

Different game I guess.

Have to say, the most impressive import with the most immediate fit in the Prem this season looks like the boy Ozil.

Maybe Ozil is a bit like Messi. Just give me the ball and I'll create magic whoever I'm playing.

Scholes. class.

Scholes and class in the same sentence. I think that is called a juxtaposition

Yep. He was good at that was Scholes.

He could do it when the other player was 60 yards away too.

Absolute bloody magic.

Don't tell Moyes about juxtaposition though. He'll probably ask if that's where Fellaini should play.

To be fair to Southampton they played just as they have been all season and thoroughly deserved a point from the game.

Bringing Giggs on was a wrong decision and also Smalling's introduction was a lets protect what we have which United never do at home.

I really feel that Felliani should have this <deleted> operation on his wrist asap it might stop the wank performances he has done for us since he signed.

Yesterday again Kagawa was sat on the bench and Moyes brings Giggs on instead of him??

Some decisions need to be reviewed by Moyes because they are plain wrong,i will stick by him but he can't stick by Felliani with performances like that when you have Kagawa on the bench.......some explaining needed regarding this.

Moyes doesn't seem to know how to integrate Fellaini into the United team without turning it into his Everton team.

No shame either in dropping points to this Southampton team.

Have to agree wholeheartedly with this.

Maybe if Moyes offered Fellaini and 10 Million for Baines in January, Everton might be interested.

Signing Fellaini was a humongous clanger.

To be fair to Southampton they played just as they have been all season and thoroughly deserved a point from the game.

Bringing Giggs on was a wrong decision and also Smalling's introduction was a lets protect what we have which United never do at home.

I really feel that Felliani should have this fuc_king operation on his wrist asap it might stop the wank performances he has done for us since he signed.

Yesterday again Kagawa was sat on the bench and Moyes brings Giggs on instead of him??

Some decisions need to be reviewed by Moyes because they are plain wrong,i will stick by him but he can't stick by Felliani with performances like that when you have Kagawa on the bench.......some explaining needed regarding this.

I don't think healing his wrist will affect his brain Mr Red. I never rated him highly and how the heck Moyes felt justified paying 27 million for him defies belief. You have signed expensive players in the past and had to cut your losses and I think this will be another one of those times, unless you would like your team to fit around his style of play?

I really feel that Felliani should have this fuc_king operation on his wrist asap it might stop the wank performances he has done for us since he signed.

I don't think healing his wrist will affect his brain Mr Red. I never rated him highly and how the heck Moyes felt justified paying 27 million for him defies belief. You have signed expensive players in the past and had to cut your losses and I think this will be another one of those times, unless you would like your team to fit around his style of play?

He is not that good a player is he to fit around his style of play...ie the long ball! I wouldn't mind but at the moment when he plays we are not even playing the long ball game to well are we?

Again this Kagawa conundrum needs some answers on why he is continuously being overlooked in favour of his new signing when clearly he is not what we are looking for and it does not suit our style of play.......bring back Cleverly asap i say.biggrin.png

Fellatio has been awful since he's arrived. I think he could be a useful signing, but never our maor signing. The exclusion of Kagawa again, is just plain frustrating, and Giggs as great a player as he has been is now 40. I think the new manager when he comes in, will have it a bit easier, cos at this rate Moyes won't qualify for Europe and he'll be gone. The transfer business during the window was an embarrassment, and the performances and tactic so far this season are not up to it. I honestly do t think, Moyes will get as much time as assumed if they keep churning out crap like this.

Enjoyed the game, some fantastic football by both teams, abit more luck we might have won, hit the bar twice, just the two dropped points was the downside, but at least we played good football and if we get things right the results will come, results need to or we will be to far behind to mount a title in the new year..

• Like 2

Enjoyed the game, some fantastic football by both teams, abit more luck we might have won, hit the bar twice, just the two dropped points was the downside, but at least we played good football and if we get things right the results will come, results need to or we will be to far behind to mount a title in the new year..

Please confirm Nev. Are you actually saying you could be mounting a title challenge this season?!!

Not counting us out, but we have to improve and get our act together quickly.

• Like 1

Please confirm Nev. Are you actually saying you could be mounting a title challenge this season?!!

I don't think you currently have any realistic chance of top four. Possibly top six.

However, lets see what happens in january. Maybe some top players will become available.

What was very noticeable last night was the tension in the crowd, as commented on a couple of times by the commentry team. The aura of Ferguson is nearly all gone now and theres no longer any real fear going to OT.

He is not that good a player is he to fit around his style of play...ie the long ball! I wouldn't mind but at the moment when he plays we are not even playing the long ball game to well are we?

Again this Kagawa conundrum needs some answers on why he is continuously being overlooked in favour of his new signing when clearly he is not what we are looking for and it does not suit our style of play.......bring back Cleverly asap i say.biggrin.png

Why would you play the long ball game with him in the team when he is playing def mid facepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Yes its time for the Messiah! biggrin.png

A good game of football,Southampton are a good side now and maybe deserved a draw,United at this time are not firing up front as they were last season-it happens-there is a long time to go before before the gongs get handed out and if it is that we miss out then so be it-give someone else a chance for a change-Moyes will be a hugely sucessfull-of that I have no doubt thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

A good game of football,Southampton are a good side now and maybe deserved a draw,United at this time are not firing up front as they were last season-it happens-there is a long time to go before before the gongs get handed out and if it is that we miss out then so be it-give someone else a chance for a change-Moyes will be a hugely sucessfull-of that I have no doubt thumbsup.gif

Actually Southampton totally deserved a draw. No maybe about it.

I'm still trying to work out what game your manager was watching!!

• Like 2

There are deep and fundamental flaws Nev. If David Moyes can't see them you are going to be mid table.

Personally, I think he is tactically out of his depth.

• Like 2

There are deep and fundamental flaws Nev. If David Moyes can't see them you are going to be mid table.

Personally, I think he is tactically out of his depth.

To this point Everton much more successful without him and United much worse with him. We'll see how it plays out but he must be having some self doubts. I don't think anyone, United fan or not, would have anticipated a worse beginning.

Actually I quite like the guy funnily enough.

My concern, and I have said it from the beginning, is he spent too long at Everton doing a battling job against the top teams, which to his credit he did brilliantly...but he has no experience of winning anything with top class players.

He hasn't developed. Still with the Everton mentality. Fellaini was a mistake, you could see it coming.

David Moyes, good man, is not in the same league as Wenger, Pellegrini, Mourhino.

AVB, Martinez, and other young managers in the league are learning fast. Pochettino exudes knowledge and class.

Sorry. But I think it's true.

Shoot me down in flames at Christmas.

Funnily enough I'd like to be proved wrong.

• Like 2

Actually I quite like the guy funnily enough.

My concern, and I have said it from the beginning, is he spent too long at Everton doing a battling job against the top teams, which to his credit he did brilliantly...but he has no experience of winning anything with top class players.

He hasn't developed. Still with the Everton mentality. Fellaini was a mistake, you could see it coming.

David Moyes, good man, is not in the same league as Wenger, Pellegrini, Mourhino.

AVB, Martinez, and other young managers in the league are learning fast. Pochettino exudes knowledge and class.

Sorry. But I think it's true.

Shoot me down in flames at Christmas.

Funnily enough I'd like to be proved wrong.

Yes and on your festive mention, i think the Man Utd lot on here still believe in Father Christmas!

Still have "no doubt Moyes will be very successful" and "contending the title" <deleted>, have they watched their team playing recently?biggrin.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

I don't think Fellaini's style of play is the problem. We have needed a bit of muscle, a bit of height and a bit of a goal threat, in the middle of the park, for some time, and i don't think we have to change our style of play too much to fit him in. He adds an extra dimension.

The problem isn't his style of play, the problem is that he is playing crap. He started his first couple of games well, and since then, it's been a case of him demonstrating the law of diminishing returns. Think it's time for him to have a spell on the bench, and for him to be brought on for the final half an hour of a game when appropriate. Kagawa and Zaha need now to be given a run, to show what they can do.

Well done to Southampton by the way. They plugged away and ended up getting a well earned point. We paid for not putting the game to bed. These things happen.

Needless to say, more of the knee jerk reactions coming in quick and fast. No surprises there...

• Like 1

Just for interest. Let's say United had bought Ozil instead of Fellaini.

What would it be like?

My guess is RVP and Rooney would be as happy as Larry

So would the United midfield and so would Moyes.

You wanted Cesc. You didn't get him.

You bought Fellaini.

Rocket science?

• Like 1

Just for interest. Let's say United had bought Ozil instead of Fellaini.

What would it be like?

My guess is RVP and Rooney would be as happy as Larry

So would the United midfield and so would Moyes.

You wanted Cesc. You didn't get him.

You bought Fellaini.

Rocket science?

Larry who?