Manchester United

redrus

anderson 15 mill

carrick 18 mill.

carrick was worth the money played a big part in winning 3 league titles and a champions league.

anderson has gone backwards think fergie has lost faith in him,should sell get silva in.

anderson 15 mill

carrick 18 mill.

carrick was worth the money played a big part in winning 3 league titles and a champions league.

anderson has gone backwards think fergie has lost faith in him,should sell get silva in.

if only it was that easy Nev.

Manchester United To Offer Tottenham Hotspur Carrick Plus Cash For Modric - Report

A top of the table tug-of-war could be about to begin between title holders Manchester United and league leaders Tottenham Hotspur over playmaker Luca Modric.

24 Aug 2009 10:13:54

EPL: Luka Modric, Tottenham Hotspur - Chelsea (PA)

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly readying a bid for Tottenham Hotspur's technically skilled midfielder Luca Modric, according to Metro, who further indicate that Michael Carrick will be added to the £10 million deal in order to sweeten the transfer pot.

The title holders have a contemporary history of admiring certain Spurs players, with both Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov having found their way to Old Trafford after lighting up White Hart Lane.

Carrick, a West Ham United academy product, has won three successive Premier League crowns under Ferguson, and also owns a Champions League winners medal.

Considering Spurs boss Harry Redknapp's recent confession that he is not averse to continuing the recruitment drive that has seen a number of former Lilywhite representatives return to north London, the audacious player-plus-cash swap is not too far-fetched. However, the Cockney coach is unlikely to do business on the this deal due to the high regard he has of Modric.

Carrick recently missed a penalty at Turf Moor during United's shock 1-0 loss to Burnley.

'

....and the rumours keep coming, now Fergie is supposedly interested in Arjen Robben ???

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/...n-robben-report

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, maybe a handful.

I still have a funny feeling that Ferguson is up to something and that there will be one more signing before 31st August I'd bet "me flat cap on it "

August 24th, 2009 RoM

Vidic: United Fans Know I’m Committed And My Wife Is Happy

Following a summer of denying that Nemanja Vidic was leaving the club, our defender’s agent was quoted as saying that the player was ‘dreaming’ of a move to Barcelona. He has since denied saying that but it of course has left fans unsettled.

The papers claimed that Manchester United were planning a new and improved contract for Vidic which would extend his current deal with expires in 2012.

Regardless, Vidic has today denied the rumours and says you only have to see how he plays to know how committed he is to our club.

I showed at Wigan on the pitch by how I played how happy I am at this club,” said Vidic. “Anyone who is a fan of United or the players would only have to see how I played to know how committed I am to United. I spoke with my agent. I know about all the rumours about me, but I don’t want it to have an impact on the club. It’s not a good time for my club to be hearing those rumours. I’m here and I’m committed. I’ll show that with how I play in matches. But I will never speak about my future and I will never talk about moving to other clubs.”

One of the reasons cited for Vidic’s apparent desire to leave was his wife who was unhappy with life in Manchester, something our defender also denies.

“It’s not true that my wife is not happy,” he added. “I don’t know how that rumour came out.”

redrus

'

....and the rumours keep coming, now Fergie is supposedly interested in Arjen Robben ???

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/...n-robben-report

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, maybe a handful.

I still have a funny feeling that Ferguson is up to something and that there will be one more signing before 31st August I'd bet "me flat cap on it "

Yep, I would not be surprised in the least that another one or maybe two players come in. I think he will keep it low key, as he knows that there are several clubs that would probably go after the same targets if he let on who it was. Still think a central mid fielder is needed, as it looks like Anderson could be out of favour, according to the papers.

Robben is a good platey, and United nearly signed him prior to him going to Chelsea - however if they do get him, I can't see them paying over the odds. Let's see what Fergie does, never underestimate him.

August 25th, 2009- RoM

Silly Rumours About Carrick And Anderson

With a week until the transfer window closes, some fairly bizarre rumours have been doing the rounds.

First, it was claimed that Michael Carrick was on his way back to Tottenham Hotspur with Luka Modric coming in the other direction. The Spurs fans seemed to fancy it but could see that it was tabloid nonsense, originated from the fact Carrick had been rotated and Harry Redknapp confessed Ferguson was a fan of Modric. Bingo.

Despite spending £18.6m on him three summers ago and United winning the title every year since, the rumour mills would have us believe we’re ready to ship back to White Hart Lane with an added £10m to secure the services of Modric. Whilst I share Ferguson’s opinion of Modric you would have to have a screw lose to think he’s worth Carrick + £10m. Plus it’s not as if Modric even plays in the same position as Carrick which would leave our central midfield looking even weaker than it already does. Verdict? <deleted>.

Today’s rumour, which originated in The Mirror, claims Anderson is on his way out after having a furious bust-up with Fergie. It wouldn’t be the first time a player got on the wrong side of the manager and was shown the exit door but in this situation the story is a tad far-fetched. The bust-up apparently happened after the Community Shield over two weeks ago when Darron Gibson got a place on the bench instead of Anderson. Now, whilst you can imagine Anderson wouldn’t be happy about missing out it’s hard to imagine him kicking off about.

The Brazilian star left Fergie fuming after reacting badly to his failure to make the starting line-up. The Scot was so angry he later confronted Anderson over his actions and was stunned by the 21-year-old’s refusal to back down. Anderson insisted he was good enough to be in the team and was frustrated at being overlooked, with rookie Darron Gibson taking his place in the squad. And with the Brazilian international claiming he would prefer to quit rather than sit on the sidelines, Ferguson is willing to grant him his wish.

Something else which is hard to imagine is Fergie telling Anderson to clear off, then putting him in the squad on the opening day of the season and then starting him in the following game. Not exactly the behaviour of a furious Ferguson ready to sell a player. Verdict? <deleted>.

redrus

Fergie monitoring long term Arsenal target

Nigel Brown- Sport.co.uk

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has sent scouts to watch Lille forward Eden Hazard, most recently at the Europa League clash between the French club and Racing Genk last Thursday. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been a long time admirer of the forward and heavily linked with the talented starlet in the past two years. The news could prompt Wenger to make a move for the talented starlet.

Hazard is the reigning Ligue 1 Young Player of the Season and after collecting the trophy at the end of the season he told L'equipe:

“I have a contract with Lille until 2012. I still have much to learn here. We will see in the future, but for now I’m a Lille player.

“But I do not have a favourite club, recently, I said that I liked Arsenal or Real Madrid, but i have the power to play in a club like Manchester or Barcelona, that would be fantastic. ”

Reflecting on winning the Young Player of the Season award he said:

"This trophy is for the player with the most promise. Now i need to confirm that promise next season.”

He also knows that it may now be expected.

“I do not know if it will be harder,” he said, “but there will likely be a little more pressure. The players know me now, they do not make me gifts :) . Let me reproduce what I did this year, playing my football simply.”

redrus

Robben is a good platey, and United nearly signed him prior to him going to Chelsea - however if they do get him, I can't see them paying over the odds.

Robben is nothing but a cheating twunt who had an amazing season and a half at Chelsea but then fizzled.

Be a sad sad day if he ever pulls on the United shirt.

Robben is a good platey, and United nearly signed him prior to him going to Chelsea - however if they do get him, I can't see them paying over the odds.

Robben is nothing but a cheating twunt who had an amazing season and a half at Chelsea but then fizzled.

Be a sad sad day if he ever pulls on the United shirt.

Agree 1000%....!

redrus

The real Wayne Rooney, stand up....!

By Sanjay. Tue, Aug 25, 2009- United Rant

This could be Wayne Rooney’s season. No, this will be Wayne Rooney’s season. It has to be. For too long has this prodigious talent stood in the shadow of a certain Portuguese maestro at Manchester United. No, not Nani. Now that this distraction has left, it’s time for Rooney to show why Sir Alex Ferguson made him the world’s most expensive teenager in world football back in 2004.

post-16343-1251221911_thumb.png

Rooney burst onto the scene at Everton – who could forget that goal against Arsenal? – having broken goalscoring records at every age group level. At the time, he scored more goals than matches he played in. Scoring a hat-trick on his United debut only cemented his place as a legend in the making. But Rooney never seemed to match the progress that Cristiano Ronaldo was making on the pitch.

The Englishman played at the 2006 World Cup without fully recovering from a metatarsal injury. Such was the hype and pressure placed on this young man’s shoulders that some British journalists would have you believe that he could walk on water and juggle a ball at the same time. They were right about the latter. Indeed, many blame Ronaldo for Rooney not being able to realise his true potential. It started with the famous winking incident in the World Cup quarter-final that led to Ronaldo contributing to Rooney’s red card. The Scouser may have stamped on Ricardo Carvalho but there’s no denying that Ronaldo’s protests to the referee had an effect.

While United did everything to appease Ronaldo after this debacle in order to get him to return to England, not many in Rooney’s shoes, as big as they may be, would have forgiven the Portugese player’s actions that night. But that’s Rooney for you, always putting team before self. These concessions have carried onto the pitch as well because Rooney has been wasted on the wings in the past few seasons at the tactical expense of Ronaldo’s floating role up front. Rooney said nothing in public because the team was winning.

Rooney’s work ethic and selfless play has meant that fans have not seen the player in his favoured forward position as much as we should, especially in the biggest matches. It was desperately frustrating to watch Rooney in the Champions League final against Barcelona last season, out of place and out of touch with the game. Rooney certainly has the class and ability to be mentioned alongside the likes of Lionel Messi, Kaká and Fernando Torres. But this will only happen if the team is built around him. The good news is that for the first time in Rooney’s United career, Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to do just that this season. At least that’s what he says.

Rooney enjoys dropping deep into midfield to pick up the ball and be involved in build-up play. Alongside Dimitar Berbatov, playing along the shoulder of the last defender and holding up the ball like glue as he always does, Rooney will be given a free license to feed off the Bulgarian. Berbatov is capable of finding space for others where few can, allowing the former Tottenham man to play Rooney into areas where he can do the most damage. It’s a defender’s worst nightmare to see Rooney running at them.

How Rooney links up with Michael Owen will also be crucial, not just for United but England as well. Rooney, barring injury, is guaranteed a starting place for his country at the World Cup next year. Meanwhile, Owen will spend this season proving to Fabio Capello that he deserves the place alongside his new teammate. With Rooney playing to show he can be United’s new main man and Owen finally joining a team that can create chances for him, this season be a turning point in their respective careers. Each has had their fair share of bad luck with injuries. Owen’s problems are well-documented, while Rooney has picked up knocks just as he starts to hit form. That he has missed 19 league games in the past two seasons is testament to this. They both have something to prove.

We’ve seen Rooney score some breathtaking goals, now it’s time for the player to add some scruffy tap-ins to his repertoire. In Ronaldo, United has lost a 30 goals-a-season player. In Rooney, playing through the middle, the team has that and more. Rooney has the potential to be a better player than the Portuguese ‘winker’. Averaging 20 goals in each season with United so far, imagine what Rooney could do playing up front for the majority of games?

Wayne, be selfish, run more with the ball, shoot more, and be the player you’re meant to be. Advice like that can only be given to a handful of players in world football, and Wayne Rooney certainly falls in that category. This will be his season.

redrus

The reports on Robben continue unabated again this morning in the UK, not posting them, can't be arsed. All I will say is, that dislike him or not, if he comes to United, I will stick up for him, especially against Liverpool.... :)

Ferdinand set for quick return

Wed, Aug 26, 2009 United Rant

Rio Ferdinand is set to recover from injury inside three weeks as he sets the away match against Tottenham Hotspur on September 12 as his likely return to action. The defender, who suffered a torn thigh muscle injury on the opening day of the season, has missed United’s games against Burnley and Wigan Athletic as he recuperates from the problem.

“It’s improving, I’m a bit ahead of schedule,” said Ferdinand. “I’ve been training really hard the last few days. I’m not where I want to be obviously on the pitch, but in a couple of weeks I’ll be back on the pitch playing again. Hopefully the match after the internationals I will be fit so that’s what I’ll be aiming for.

Fellow defenders Nemanja Vidic, Gary Neville and Wes Brown have all recently return to action from injury, while Johnny Evans has said that he requires an operation on his left ankle.

redrus

Memories are brought back by United shirt

August 27, 2009- Middleton Guardian

SOME people may not have known the significance behind the design of Manchester United's home shirt but one sister of a former player had no doubt.

Katherine Boothman, 79, post-16343-1251361478_thumb.jpg

recognised the distinctive black 'v' shaped strip on the front of this season's united shirt instantly as it is modelled on the shirt worn by legend Billy Meredith, who was her brother, George Arbison's, team-mate.

Billy wore the shirt 100 years ago and scored the winning goal in United's first ever FA Cup triumph in 1909 and he played in the same squad as George until 1921.

George moved on from United to their local rivals, Manchester City, a club that his team-mate and friend also played for during his glittering career.

George passed away in April 1975 and great-grandmother Katherine, who lives in Woods Court in Rhodes, remembers her brother being footballing mad.

Sadly, she recalls how he was left heartbroken when his five-year-old son died of appendicitis leaving his dreams of watching his son play for United in shatters.

Katherine, who was the youngest of twelve siblings along with her twin sister Nellie, said:" My son Mick and I recognised the shirt and I know people have been talking about what the meaning of it is.

"George was the oldest and by the time my sister and I were born he was about twenty years older and was well into his football career.

"The family used to go and watch him and I know he and Billy played in the United first team at the same time.

"The death of his son really hit him hard and he was never the same after that as everyone knew the boy was going to be a good footballer like his dad."

George was brought up in Miles Platting with the rest of the family and also had twin daughters who are now in the seventies.

Katherine, who has lived in her Rhodes flat for 12 years, talks fondly of her large family and the connections they have to one of the most successful football teams in history.

"My brother lived for football and loved playing. He was an outfield player, defence I think, and I realise now how significant it is that he played for such a great team with such great players.

"I remember George would come to visit but because of the big age difference we weren't particularly close. Unfortunately I am the sole surviving sibling but I am 90 in November and have no intention of going anywhere anytime soon.

* After moving from City, Billy appeared 335 times for United, scoring 36 goals then he returned for a second stint at his former club. He played there until he was 47 and continued to wear his trademark toothpick in his mouth, a tradition that began at the start of his career.

* He died in 1958 at the age of 83, the same year as the Munich air disaster.

redrus

The reports on Robben continue unabated again this morning in the UK, not posting them, can't be arsed. All I will say is, that dislike him or not, if he comes to United, I will stick up for him, especially against Liverpool.... :)

What a relief. The cheating twunt's on his way to Germany. That fits. :D

Passing was all over the shop. How many times did we give it away cheaply?

Re the penalty...

Couldn't understand what the commentator was on about when he was saying that Rooney was fortunate to get the pen because the ball was flying out of play at the time. Surely what the ball is doing is irrrelevant. If it's a foul it's a foul.

What was fortunate was the own goal. Without that not sure we'd have won. Berba didn't seem in possession of his usual silky skills.

And right at the end i thought we'd blown it - very relieved to see the flag up. Almost felt sorry for the way Wenger was turfed off!

Happy for the 3 points.

For the next game we need Scholes i feel, or someone who can play to his level. Not much evidence of that being on the pitch last night.

A friend of the family here in Thailand has a Man U shirt,,a copy from somewhere.

On the back is printed Rooney in big letters.

We were doing a bit of work together and my brothers in law kept pointing to him whilst we were working and telling me "LOONEY LOONEY".

Quite fitting I think.

Well,did Rooney dive or didn't he? Ofcourse he did.He was diving before the keeper made contact with his trailing leg (A trick of the trade that the pro's have got off to a fine art).Should the referee had given the penalty? Ofcourse he should have. In real time,he couldn't have made any other decision.

A quick appraisal:

Good to get the points.

Berbatov a complete waste of space, again. His chances missed at then end could have cost us dear.

Finally, the 4th official clearly felt that he wanted to get in the news, what an ass for getting Wegner sent off for kicking.......a water bottle. :)

Well,did Rooney dive or didn't he? Ofcourse he did.He was diving before the keeper made contact with his trailing leg (A trick of the trade that the pro's have got off to a fine art).Should the referee had given the penalty? Ofcourse he should have. In real time,he couldn't have made any other decision.

There's a difference in playing for a foul and cheating for a foul.

If a keeper comes flying out and dives towards a players legs (rather than the ball) why should they jump over the keeper? The keeper has commited a foul and if they jump over him the ref may think twice about giving a penalty.

A quick appraisal:

Good to get the points.

Berbatov a complete waste of space, again. His chances missed at then end could have cost us dear.

Finally, the 4th official clearly felt that he wanted to get in the news, what an ass for getting Wegner sent off for kicking.......a water bottle. :)

pretty fair summary mr toad.

what an inspired substitution it would have been by sir Alex had Berbatov done his bit right.

:D

There's a difference in playing for a foul and cheating for a foul.

If a keeper comes flying out and dives towards a players legs (rather than the ball) why should they jump over the keeper? The keeper has commited a foul and if they jump over him the ref may think twice about giving a penalty.

No difference as far as I'm concerned. Nice fabrication from Rooney though,just a bit less obvious than Eduardo's.

No difference as far as I'm concerned. Nice fabrication from Rooney though,just a bit less obvious than Eduardo's.

It's true that there was only one thing in Rooney's mind...Penalty...but to say this (below) is no contact or not a penalty is crazy.

01_roo_682x400_878047a.jpg

It was pretty much stonewall, and the only reason this is even a topic is because of Eduardo's outrageous dive a few days before.... see if you can't spot the difference you must be blind:

article-0-06314CF4000005DC-865_468x419.jpg

post-14972-1251704326_thumb.png

now this is adive i wonder who shot him since ronaldo hasleft he has taken the mantel of the worst diver.

who was the snipper who shot him.

rooneys was a nailed on penalty.

United are so stuffy, it gets reet up me nose. Totally outplayed by the Arse last night. And how on earth Fletcher didn't get that penalty awarded against him was unreal and he's turning out to be a dirty git. But as you say, you got the points.

Agreed. It gets up my nose too.

The facts are that Arsenal should have won 3-0 were it not for the corrupt and bent referee Mike Dean.

Mike Dean was suspended in 2005 following his betting activities.

In my opinion and many at 'betfair.com': Mike Dean entered that match Man Utd v Arsenal confident that Man Utd would be victors.

I shall refrain from publishing his home address in Gayton, Heswall (As per Thai Visa rules) for those of you who would prefer to write to him and demand his resignation.