Manchester United

redrus

Bring on sunday always on edge when this game comes up!

I see torres fit to play and gerrard 50%.

I want to see them on the pitch no excusesif we win!

I can see this being a draw so much riding on it,it is like a cup final for liverpool they cannot afford to loose, for us a draw would be ok! but i am hoping for a win.

i go 2-1 to united or 1-1.

You re not singing, you' re not singing anymore, you re not singing anyore.

a gloating scouser :)

well done you won no excuses.

see where we both are the end of season.

Ye did'nt turn up today. When Lucas plays well then you know the opposition were poor.

And Vidic off again ? What drugs is he on.

Edited by spongeman

Definitely outplayed by Liverpool, they deserved the win. I'm starting to think Scholes just can't perform at the top level any more. Constantly get caught on the ball, struggling to keep up with play....

I can understand sticking him in against the Hulls or Burnleys...but i think it was a poor decision to put him in this match, i think Fletcher was injured right? But surely Anderson, or Giggs in the middle with Nani out wide would have been a better choice.

I thought both the red cards were a bit needless, some pretty soft yellow cards especially to United players.

I'm starting to get pretty sick of Berbatov, he played some woeful passes to no where and then would start having a go at a player 30 yards away for not being there. Similar to what Ronaldo would do, but the difference is Berbatov has not earned the right to be a prick yet... once you've scored 50 goals in one season then go ahead, but mate you've only score something like 12 goals for United EVER...so <deleted>

I thought both the red cards were a bit needless, some pretty soft yellow cards especially to United players.

Indeed. How about the one that Berba got. Bizarre.

I'm starting to get pretty sick of Berbatov,

LOL Just starting?! He has three or four games when he doesn't really show up, and then he has one where he still doesn't score, but has an assist or two and shows us some of the sublime flicks and touches he's capable of. And that's it. Is that enough? Not for me. He's never returned to the form he once showed at Spurs. Strikers have to score first and foremost. If they do other stuff that's a bonus. He should be banging in 30 a season minimum.

Personally i'd like to see some of the young guys being given a chance. I know i've said this before, but i'm really worried what we might be losing by not playing Macheda. Without him we wouldn't have won the title last year. He was on fire. He had momentum. Now he's back on the bench, game after game. Some young players can step up and they can handle the pressure. He could be one of them. I don't want him to be another Rossi.

Berbatov has not earned the right to be a prick yet...

:):D:D

What a cracking game - even though we lost I've no complaints, we were beaten by the better side and Anfield's supporters who were absolutely fantastic.

The ref made a few blunders - but hands up anyone who'd want to referee in a game like that - certainly not a game for the feint hearted.

Have to agree with earlier comments about Berbatov, it really is about time he started to have more impact and more input ! Scholesy was half a yard off the pace and I was a bir surprised that both he and Giggs started the game ( I would have started Anderson) Van Der Sar played well but I'm hard pressed to pick an oustanding player from United, even Rooney seemed to have a quiet game without the usual 120% effort that he normally puts in, perhaps not quite fully recovered,

Have to say "Well Done" Liverpool, and I shook hands with all the 'Pool supporters in my "local" who were great - that's one of the best things about watching football in Thailand, it's the game and the fun that matters.

Have to say "Well Done" Liverpool, and I shook hands with all the 'Pool supporters in my "local" who were great - that's one of the best things about watching football in Thailand, it's the game and the fun that matters.

And the drinking! :)

I think I might set the alarm for the 2:45 am (Thai Thai) Kick off for the Carling Cup game against Barnsley - hopefully a few of the young lads will get a game including Obertan.

Team (from): Kuszczak, Foster, De Laet, Neville, Brown, J Evans, Dudgeon, Fabio, Rafael, Tosic, Gibson, C Evans, Eikrem, Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Valencia, Nani, Owen, Welbeck, Macheda, King.

^^ Any idea what channel mate?

They sometimes have it on my Phuket cable T.V.(they have links to 3 Sth African Sports channels) but won't know 'til kick-off time as I've never yet seen a schedule. Otherwise I'll we watching on P2P here on my PC.

That Owen goal was a bit special last night ay?

That'll do his confidence the world of good.

A bit of a scrappy game overall, and Barnsley unlucky not to get a goal (they certainly had enough chances) Foster still makes a nervous wreck of me and the defence looked very nervy at times. Obertan showed promise early on, but struggled as the game went on probably due to match fitness. I thought Anderson played quite well as he scampered all around the park. Interesting to see one of the de silva twins in mid-field, couldn't say which one as I can never tell them apart, which is going to cause referees a problem in the future.... :)

Next game is at swine'flu rovers isn't it ?

That Owen goal was a bit special last night ay?

That'll do his confidence the world of good.

A bit of a scrappy game overall, and Barnsley unlucky not to get a goal (they certainly had enough chances) Foster still makes a nervous wreck of me and the defence looked very nervy at times. Obertan showed promise early on, but struggled as the game went on probably due to match fitness. I thought Anderson played quite well as he scampered all around the park. Interesting to see one of the de silva twins in mid-field, couldn't say which one as I can never tell them apart, which is going to cause referees a problem in the future.... :D

Yes and with that being the case I would rest Wayne, Valencia, Giggs, Anderson, Owen, Evans, Fletcher Vidic, VDS and Evra and start Berbatov, Nani, Park, Gibson, Rio, Neville, Brown, Kiko, Carrick, Fabio or Raphael, Foster. :)

Yes and with that being the case I would rest Wayne, Valencia, Giggs, Anderson, Owen, Evans, Fletcher Vidic, VDS and Evra and start Berbatov, Nani, Park, Gibson, Rio, Neville, Brown, Kiko, Carrick, Fabio or Raphael, Foster. :)

Not sure if now is the right time to be resting players James. For Premier League games, i favour playing our best eleven in pretty much all matches. I don't think that players really benefit from being rested too much anyway. Certainly the likes of Rooney don't.

The team needs to be given the chance to start to click, and the chance for patnerships to start properly working. That hasn't happened yet, and the sooner they all get a good run of games the better, in my opinion.

Not sure if now is the right time to be resting players James. For Premier League games, i favour playing our best eleven in pretty much all matches. I don't think that players really benefit from being rested too much anyway. Certainly the likes of Rooney don't.

The team needs to be given the chance to start to click, and the chance for patnerships to start properly working. That hasn't happened yet, and the sooner they all get a good run of games the better, in my opinion.

not resting mate, just the group that I would rather get the pig flu.

A lot of grief last night by all accounts in Yorkshire i hear ??

Nowt that a pie and a pint didn't solve.....!!!!! :)

redrus

I agree with you red but it's just sad that in London people get their Faces plastered all over Crimewatch for running on a Pitch & your lot loot & lock people inside Rooms, steal cash & hardly anything gets said..

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...ng-cup-clash.do

A lot of grief last night by all accounts in Yorkshire i hear ??

Nowt that a pie and a pint didn't solve.....!!!!! :)

redrus

I agree with you red but it's just sad that in London people get their Faces plastered all over Crimewatch for running on a Pitch & your lot loot & lock people inside Rooms, steal cash & hardly anything gets said..

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...ng-cup-clash.do

I think they were City supporters sent there dressed in our colours to cause trouble. :D

Edited by bkkjames

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/200...at-oakwell.html

The trouble is understood to have flared after some United fans reacted angrily to the Barnsley catering staff’s refusal to serve them alcohol at half-time. Eight caterers were trapped inside a food kiosk and had to barricade themselves in a storeroom for 25 minutes to escape the violence as fans broke in, stealing money and food and causing thousands of pounds’ worth of damage.

Police reacted by lining up with dogs in front of United supporters during the second half and were subsequently pelted with missiles by a minority. One officer suffered a minor facial injury in the process.

Don Rowing, a Barnsley director, is concerned for the future safety of the club’s catering staff and said that the club would now have to install grilles in all bar areas in the section for visiting fans.

“Last night I was disappointed, today I’m very angry,” Rowing said yesterday. “We have pre-match briefings with the police, stewards and clubs before every match and look closely at every risk assessment, but this incident came out of the blue. How do you legislate for the behaviour of idiots?

“What concerns me is not so much the damage, but the way these thugs treated our young staff. Manchester United, in general, have very wellbehaved fans, but there was a minority group hellbent on causing trouble because they could not have what they wanted. We did not allow the sale of alcohol at half-time and they couldn’t accept our decision. It’s mob rule and we have no option other than to protect our staff in the future behind iron bars.”

Jan Framp, area manager for Lindley Catering, the company that ran the kiosks, said that her staff had been left “extremely frightened” by the ordeal. “They kicked the doors in and then ransacked the beer bar,” she said. “They ripped the water boilers off the counters and trashed everything.”

United do not usually get such large allocations for away matches, although the violence is thought to have been mainly the work of a small hardcore mob of between 50 and 100. Only for league matches away to Wigan Athletic and Blackburn Rovers do the club receive ticket allocations of a similar size and games against both of those clubs have passed without incident in recent years.

=========

I bet Stoke City would have a different outlook based on their 2 last Home Fixtures with Man Ure...