Manchester United

redrus

BTW for those of you who are interested in the fact that your club could be a US$1bn richer by Christmas. Here is a bit more info.

The submission to the Singapore stock exchange is for the issue of new shares with a plan to raise US$1bn (this can change). That means the Glazers dont take out any money and the club just has an extra US$1bn. Of course they would be sitting on a huge asset and almost certainly paying dividends.

If you assume that 30% is floated (which is what is implied) the valuation is pretty fancy - 22x EBITDA. It certainly sounds high compared to the Arsenal bid 14.5x EBITDA or the Liverpool bid 12.0x EBITDA. However if you sell it as a global social network/brand it is chump change.

If Man U get a US$1bn, Mickey Mouse can manage the club and they will still dominate the league.

BTW for those of you who are interested in the fact that your club could be a US$1bn richer by Christmas. Here is a bit more info.

The submission to the Singapore stock exchange is for the issue of new shares with a plan to raise US$1bn (this can change). That means the Glazers dont take out any money and the club just has an extra US$1bn. Of course they would be sitting on a huge asset and almost certainly paying dividends.

If you assume that 30% is floated (which is what is implied) the valuation is pretty fancy - 22x EBITDA. It certainly sounds high compared to the Arsenal bid 14.5x EBITDA or the Liverpool bid 12.0x EBITDA. However if you sell it as a global social network/brand it is chump change.

If Man U get a US$1bn, Mickey Mouse can manage the club and they will still dominate the league.

Come on Abrak: we see what unlimited funds means to City and Madrid. Show a little more respect for SAF, i think he has earned it.

Come on Abrak: we see what unlimited funds means to City and Madrid. Show a little more respect for SAF, i think he has earned it.

I 100% didnt mean it that way. The fact is that the enormous valuation that is placed on Man U is to a very large extent due to Ferguson. In many respects it is Liverpool who should be in Man U position now if you look back 20 years. But we screwed things up and Ferguson got things right.

My point was quite the opposite. Which is one of the lingering hopes of beating Man U is that Ferguson will no longer be the manager in a couple of years and we can live in the certainty that whoever replaces him will do a worse job and in the hope that whoever replaces him screws things up. Unfortunately if you raise a US$1bn of additional funding my point was that SAF will have left the club in such a strong position that 'Mickey Mouse' can replace him and you will still win.

As an aside, US$1bn is quite a lot of money. You could say buy Everton for US$100m and then spend US$900m on the club and possibly win the league at the end of the day. We can see that with both Mansour and Abromavich who have basically both breezed through a US$1bn each in order to turn City and Chelsea into big clubs. But the reason for that is there is a rough ratio of 6:1 in terms of creating recurring revenues from a low base. By that I mean if you want to take City from a 100m revenue generating company to a 200m revenue generating company it will cost you roughly 600m (if you are lucky).

However if you are Man U who already has 280m of revenues which is 50m more than the second biggest club you will find it incredibly difficult to spend a US$1bn. And even Abromavich isnt going to like this game. He is losing 70m a year competing with Man U and then Man U get US$1bn. How much more does he theoretically have to lose now each year to compete. And even if he spends that much if Man U are a US$4bn company they can quite easily raise another 500m.

A very wise Liverpool manager once said 'if you are first you are first and if you are second you are nothing' (yes it was a very long time ago.)

I dont quite get your point on Real Madrid - it makes a profit every single year (well at least the last 5 or so) and its EBITDA was 146m for 2010.

Edited by Abrak

Manyoo had unlimited funds before The Magoos took over . It still took about 5-7yrs before BF won a trophy longer to win the League Trying to use City as an example of unlimited funds is rediculous at the moment because no matter what the funds it takes time to build a team .Given that City have only had them funds in reality 2yrs they haven't done bad with a FA Cup .

However it is now becoming crunch time with the Magoos .They have had a easy ride in that BF has managed to string along the team by keeping aged players . Which meant that the Magoos didn't have to invest in the team. This at a cost of the downgrading of the type of football played.

The spin has been we have a 150mil war chest , then theres no value ,followed by theres no point in spending for the sake of it.

In reality the fact is that they (Magoos) don't want & havent got the money to invest.They have become not credit worthy . So now BF has to not only find players but also find clubs with the players that are willing to let MU pay on the never never.

Thus the reason why on the last 3 signings they have had to pay a premium of 2x the real value of what are no better than unproven prospects.

As to the floating yet again ,well all the money that is brought in will only go to service the loans for all them empty malls in USA.

The spin will be that the money is in the war chest where it will stay untill we can get value . Of course that value will not be there in the standard that theyMU fans would like .

This all backs up my belief that some managers are getting massive bonus's not spend on players & to con the fans with the spin about money & they are happy with what they have got.

While the standard of football at them clubs go down.

I would also like to add that even though I am a Man City fan I have a right to comment on anything MU because I have been to on at least 80 occassions for Manyoo vs City matches .However if I had only been there once then it would be more than any Manyoo fans in Manchester,so I have contributed.

Manyoo had unlimited funds before The Magoos took over . It still took about 5-7yrs before BF won a trophy longer to win the League Trying to use City as an example of unlimited funds is rediculous at the moment because no matter what the funds it takes time to build a team .Given that City have only had them funds in reality 2yrs they haven't done bad with a FA Cup .

However it is now becoming crunch time with the Magoos .They have had a easy ride in that BF has managed to string along the team by keeping aged players . Which meant that the Magoos didn't have to invest in the team. This at a cost of the downgrading of the type of football played.

The spin has been we have a 150mil war chest , then theres no value ,followed by theres no point in spending for the sake of it.

In reality the fact is that they (Magoos) don't want & havent got the money to invest.They have become not credit worthy . So now BF has to not only find players but also find clubs with the players that are willing to let MU pay on the never never.

Thus the reason why on the last 3 signings they have had to pay a premium of 2x the real value of what are no better than unproven prospects.

As to the floating yet again ,well all the money that is brought in will only go to service the loans for all them empty malls in USA.

The spin will be that the money is in the war chest where it will stay untill we can get value . Of course that value will not be there in the standard that theyMU fans would like .

This all backs up my belief that some managers are getting massive bonus's not spend on players & to con the fans with the spin about money & they are happy with what they have got.

While the standard of football at them clubs go down.

I would also like to add that even though I am a Man City fan I have a right to comment on anything MU because I have been to on at least 80 occassions for Manyoo vs City matches .However if I had only been there once then it would be more than any Manyoo fans in Manchester,so I have contributed.

Out of interest Adder. Am I right in assuming that English is not your first language?

You are correct in that you are entitled to your opinion and thoughts(just like everyone else),a lot of what you have said smacks of Bertie Magoo the bitter blue syndrome though.

You will always be in Uniteds shadow for the forseeable future.

26734_112946268715380_112944122048928_292378_5592893_s.jpg But i enjoy your comments just the same!

m.jpg

comsj.jpgorange-loader.gif

Olive branch offered and, refused, so now just do one sunshine.

There are no keyboard warriors in this forum and, we all get along most of the time, banter is offered and accepted by us all as a way of taking the piss., you have not mastered the art of banter or in fact general conversation so, this will be my last reply to your inane drivel, a suggestion others may like to follow, or not.

:jap:

redrus

Edited by mrbojangles
off topic post removed

Blimey chaps. I'm enjoying a few well earned days in the UK to have a real beer etc. And you all go off on one. We are loosely moderated in here due to banter but now I'm gonna delete some posts and clean this up and am asking you all nicely for a final time to keep it civil.

And James, I will issue warnings fairly at whoever deserves them, regardless of which team they support.

There are no keyboard warriors in this forum and, we all get along most of the time, banter is offered and accepted by us all as a way of taking the piss., you have not mastered the art of banter or in fact general conversation so, this will be my last reply to your inane drivel, a suggestion others may like to follow, or not.

redrus

Second that motion.

[

Ps; If you have ever been anywhere near Maine Road or The United (wastelands) Stadium, I'm a chuffing rat eating Scouser....!!!!

Get a grip of yourself and start contributing positively, as most of here do, or fuc_k off.....!!!!!

redrus

If these cu-nts want to keep making insults then I cant see why they dont invite me . As far as you go I would tie you to a lamppost on Scotty Rd for the real Scousers to deal with you .There are no L/pol fans in L/pool they are all From Ireland so fk off lemon sucker

Now get pms flowing .

not to me though I don't associate with piss heads

There was no olive branch just a condesending post . There are no keyboard warriors here ? hahahaha very funny that one your imitation scouse mate seems to fit the bill for that description .

Your insults really are pathetic .

Why not just put a closed shop sign at the head of the forum ?You lot dont make people welcome .It is exactly the same as the schoolyard bully syndrome . Mouthy fker with is little arse lickers .

But then they do say that old cu-nts revert to childhood .Was you all victims of the big bad bullie because even then there was no spines around ? hahahahaha

Edited by adder

Manchester City bound star would prefer Manchester United instead

cleansheetsallround.com

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri would prefer a move to Manchester United rather than Manchester City, according to the Mirror.

Manchester City were widely expected to complete a deal for the French international today but negotiations have stumbled after the news that Nasri has told close friends that he wants a move to Manchester United instead.

The Red Devils were heavily linked with the Arsenal playmaker earlier in the summer but speculation cooled when Sir Alex Ferguson claimed that Nasri had agreed to go elsewhere.

Arsenal had yesterday reportedly agreed a £22m deal with Manchester City but the player is yet to agree to the £180,000-a-week on offer at Eastlands.

redrus

Sneijder Deal Update

Manchesterunited.com/vitalfootball

Anyone out there remember the last gasp transfer window signing of Dimitar Berbatov?

If I recall rightly the deal was done with seconds to spare as those in charge of these kinds of things rushed around Old Trafford, in the media spotlight, desperately trying to get all the loose ends tied up before the deadline passed.

Does anyone get the impression that something similar could happen with Wesley Sneijder?

All summer long the prospect of Sneijder coming to Old Trafford has been generating column inches.

Yesterday the inference was that the Dutch midfielder was prepared to lower his wage demands to secure a deal, today that deal looks as far away as ever, if the words of a certain Massimo Moratti are to be believed.

The Inter Milan big-wig appears to have no intention of allowing Sneijder to go anywhere, even more so that another of his stars - Samuel Eto`o - looks ready to join the Russian revolution with the big spending Russian club, Anzhi Makhachkala.

Talking to the media, Moratti had this to say,

"Sneijder was untouchable before the situation with Eto`o and he has become even more so now Eto`o could leave."

"Sneijder is going nowhere."

So, the big question being - should United continue to pursue the Dutchman or is now the time to walk away and possibly look elsewhere?

Read more: http://www.manchesterunited.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=251569#ixzz1VTdsnoJs

redrus

Manchester City bound star would prefer Manchester United instead

cleansheetsallround.com

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri would prefer a move to Manchester United rather than Manchester City, according to the Mirror.

Manchester City were widely expected to complete a deal for the French international today but negotiations have stumbled after the news that Nasri has told close friends that he wants a move to Manchester United instead.

The Red Devils were heavily linked with the Arsenal playmaker earlier in the summer but speculation cooled when Sir Alex Ferguson claimed that Nasri had agreed to go elsewhere.

Arsenal had yesterday reportedly agreed a £22m deal with Manchester City but the player is yet to agree to the £180,000-a-week on offer at Eastlands.

redrus

Just more sh-te from the a rag top Mirror .

It contredicts itself in that Bf walked away having been told he had agreed to go somewhere else .

This is all just spin to try to get MU Supporter to believe BF has money to spend . A child can see through it At least a child with a green& gold till they fold scarf.:lol:

Edited by adder

Fergie enthused by next generation

By Ian Parkes@IrishIndependent

Friday August 19 2011

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is relishing watching his latest crop of young guns blaze a new trail at Old Trafford.

It was Alan Hansen who once famously remarked of Ferguson's 1995/96 side that "you never win anything with kids", only for United to claim the double that year.

The team beaten 3-1 by Aston Villa on the opening day 16 years ago that prompted Hansen's quote was, on average, a year older than the one that finished Sunday's 2-1 season-opening victory at West Brom.

With the likes of Gary Neville and Paul Scholes now retired, it is a sign of the times that youth is again at the forefront at United as Ferguson masterminds the latest rejuvenation of his squad.

"We were always aware we had players who were coming to the end of their careers. That has been on the horizon for us for quite a few years," said Ferguson.

"We knew it was going to happen, you don't want it to, but it does and there's nothing you can do about it. Age catches up with us all.

"So we've replaced the players who have left us, and we've still players at the club in their 30s, which is a lot of experience.

"At some point when the young players may hit a pocket there will be enough experience to augment the challenge we're after this year.

"It is a very young team at the moment, but it's one full of energy and of great ability, and I'm enjoying watching them."

It is likely there will be only one player over 30 in the starting line-up for Monday's visit of Spurs, with Patrice Evra returning at left-back after missing the game at The Hawthorns with an ankle injury.

With skipper Nemanja Vidic sidelined for up to five weeks with a calf injury and fellow centre-back Rio Ferdinand almost certainly out with a hamstring problem, youth will most evidently be on show in defence.

Aside from Evra, ahead of 20-year-old goalkeeper David De Gea, new signing Phil Jones and Jonny Evans, 19 and 23 respectively, line up at the heart, with 21-year-old Chris Smalling in at right-back.

"I'm not worried about the young players filling in at the back," added Ferguson.

"Evans has ample experience, of course, and has been at the club since he was 12. He's played plenty of first-team games.

"Jones has the experience of playing for Blackburn last season in the Barclays Premier League.

"I thought he and Smalling were the stars for the England Under-21s in the summer, and Chris had a fantastic first season with us, and he's continued his progress this year.

"So I have absolutely no issues whatsoever with playing those guys."

Ferdinand's injury is not as bad as first feared, although Vidic will be out for longer than originally expected.

Ferdinand has not been definitively ruled out against Spurs, but it is more likely he will return for the match at home to Arsenal next weekend.

It means he will also be available for England's Euro 2012 double- header against Bulgaria and Wales next month, as well as the start of United's latest Champions League quest.

Darren Fletcher (virus), Javier Hernandez (concussion) and Antonio Valencia (ankle) are all closing in on a return, but are not yet ready, whilst Michael Owen is out with a back problem.

- Ian Parkes

redrus

Why Replacing Sir Alex Ferguson May Be Easier Than Previously Thought

Posted on Friday, 19th August 2011 by David [email protected]

It goes without saying that the man that replaces Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United faces a tough task. Whether it’s Jose Mourinho, David Moyes, Pep Guardiola or someone else, the next United manager will be replacing one of the greatest managers of all time. Ferguson has won almost 40 trophies as United manager and has given no indication that he is ready to retire, but he turns 70 this year, and it seems unlikely that he’ll still be manager in five years time.

One thing his successor may not have to worry about is the playing squad he inherits. Following the retirement of Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Edwin Van Der Sar, and the departure of experienced players like Owen Hargreaves, John O’Shea and Wes Brown, Ferguson re-tooled United over the summer. David De Gea (20), Phil Jones (19) and Ashley Young (26) were signed, while younger players like Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley are now part of the first team squad after loan spells with various clubs in the last few seasons.

And on Sunday, following injuries to Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidi?, United finished the game with a defence with an average age of less than 21. De Gea and Jones were playing alongside Chris Smalling (19), Fabio (21) and Johnny Evans (23), in a defence that could in theory be in place for the next decade.

The current United squad has just 6 players 30 or older, with only Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand 32 or over. So while those 6 players are likely to be retired or playing elsewhere by the time Sir Alex leaves, the remaining players from the current squad could make life significantly easier for his replacement. From the current squad, United’s starting XI in five years time could look like this:

David De Gea

Fabio Chris Smalling Phil Jones Rafael

Nani Anderson Tom Cleverley Ashley Young

Wayne Rooney Javier Hernandez

Nemanja Vidic could still be a part of the squad, while the bench could feature players like Darren Fletcher, Danny Welbeck, Johnny Evans, Antonio Valencia and Federico Macheda, with teenagers like Ravel Morrison and Joshua King potentially featuring as well.

With the exception of Wayne Rooney and Ashley Young, all of those players would still be in their twenties, probably at the peak of their abilities. Whoever replaces Ferguson would find themselves with an experienced squad that would require only a few new faces to keep things fresh.

Of course, that is not to say that the new manager could just turn up and results would come automatically. It is impossible to underestimate the respect Alex Ferguson gets from players, and a new manager with his own ideas could find himself struggling to impose his will on players so used to Ferguson’s style and demeanour. And it’s far from a sure thing that every talented player under 25 in United’s squad right now will have realised their potential by the time he leaves.

David De Gea has had a rough start to his United career, but made over 50 appearances for Atletico Madrid. Chris Smalling has started to show he is capable of playing for United, while Fabio and Rafael have looked comfortable when called upon. Phil Jones is still somewhat of an unknown quantity, after only breaking into Blackburn’s first team last season.

Nani, Antonia Valencia and Ashley Young are already Premier League stars, but Anderson has yet to fully establish himself at United, and Cleverley has made just two first team appearances. Darren Fletcher, Park Ji-Sung, Ryan Giggs and Michael Carrick could also keep those two out of the side in the short term.

Up front, Wayne Rooney is of one of the best players in the world, and seems likely to finish his career with United. Javier Hernandez had a spectacular first season in England, but this season will show if he is the real deal or a one season wonder. It seems unlikely that Welbeck and Macheda will both remain at United, and Welbeck seems figure in Ferguson’s plans more at the moment.

So while replacing Ferguson may be the most daunting task in football, his successor could benefit enormously from the squad Ferguson has assembled.

Follow me and leave comments on Twitter @DavidWDougan

redrus

Why Replacing Sir Alex Ferguson May Be Easier Than Previously Thought

Posted on Friday, 19th August 2011 by David [email protected]

It goes without saying that the man that replaces Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United faces a tough task. Whether it's Jose Mourinho, David Moyes, Pep Guardiola or someone else, the next United manager will be replacing one of the greatest managers of all time. Ferguson has won almost 40 trophies as United manager and has given no indication that he is ready to retire, but he turns 70 this year, and it seems unlikely that he'll still be manager in five years time.

One thing his successor may not have to worry about is the playing squad he inherits. Following the retirement of Gary Neville, Paul Scholes and Edwin Van Der Sar, and the departure of experienced players like Owen Hargreaves, John O'Shea and Wes Brown, Ferguson re-tooled United over the summer. David De Gea (20), Phil Jones (19) and Ashley Young (26) were signed, while younger players like Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley are now part of the first team squad after loan spells with various clubs in the last few seasons.

And on Sunday, following injuries to Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidi?, United finished the game with a defence with an average age of less than 21. De Gea and Jones were playing alongside Chris Smalling (19), Fabio (21) and Johnny Evans (23), in a defence that could in theory be in place for the next decade.

The current United squad has just 6 players 30 or older, with only Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand 32 or over. So while those 6 players are likely to be retired or playing elsewhere by the time Sir Alex leaves, the remaining players from the current squad could make life significantly easier for his replacement. From the current squad, United's starting XI in five years time could look like this:

David De Gea

Fabio Chris Smalling Phil Jones Rafael

Nani Anderson Tom Cleverley Ashley Young

Wayne Rooney Javier Hernandez

Nemanja Vidic could still be a part of the squad, while the bench could feature players like Darren Fletcher, Danny Welbeck, Johnny Evans, Antonio Valencia and Federico Macheda, with teenagers like Ravel Morrison and Joshua King potentially featuring as well.

With the exception of Wayne Rooney and Ashley Young, all of those players would still be in their twenties, probably at the peak of their abilities. Whoever replaces Ferguson would find themselves with an experienced squad that would require only a few new faces to keep things fresh.

Of course, that is not to say that the new manager could just turn up and results would come automatically. It is impossible to underestimate the respect Alex Ferguson gets from players, and a new manager with his own ideas could find himself struggling to impose his will on players so used to Ferguson's style and demeanour. And it's far from a sure thing that every talented player under 25 in United's squad right now will have realised their potential by the time he leaves.

David De Gea has had a rough start to his United career, but made over 50 appearances for Atletico Madrid. Chris Smalling has started to show he is capable of playing for United, while Fabio and Rafael have looked comfortable when called upon. Phil Jones is still somewhat of an unknown quantity, after only breaking into Blackburn's first team last season.

Nani, Antonia Valencia and Ashley Young are already Premier League stars, but Anderson has yet to fully establish himself at United, and Cleverley has made just two first team appearances. Darren Fletcher, Park Ji-Sung, Ryan Giggs and Michael Carrick could also keep those two out of the side in the short term.

Up front, Wayne Rooney is of one of the best players in the world, and seems likely to finish his career with United. Javier Hernandez had a spectacular first season in England, but this season will show if he is the real deal or a one season wonder. It seems unlikely that Welbeck and Macheda will both remain at United, and Welbeck seems figure in Ferguson's plans more at the moment.

So while replacing Ferguson may be the most daunting task in football, his successor could benefit enormously from the squad Ferguson has assembled.

Follow me and leave comments on Twitter @DavidWDougan

redrus

wshful thinking

Mourinho to replace Sir Alex? Keep This Man Away From Old Trafford!

Rob@thefaithfulMUFC

When the (self) trademarked Special One was at Chelsea, I was an advocate of him,

No doubt he brought something interesting to the table that other foreign managers simply don’t..Wenger, Benitez, etc are generally as dull as dishwater. And as much as we already had cause to dislike him for his hop, skip and a jump down the Old Trafford touchline after being robbed by his lucky Porto side..there was always that respect factor for a man that was achieving trophy hauls in what appeared to be a new manner. His players worshipped him openly, and more often than not rewarded him with pots of silver. He surely could manage any team on earth and be successful………?

Fast forward several years…

Jose is now lauding it at Real Madrid…the other Biggest Club in the World. He has taken their once famous football philosophy, shoved it firmly in a skip, and has implemented the famous tactics he has successfully done at Chelsea and Inter. Where physical strength coupled with rigid tactics, can defeat any opponent put in his sides way. That is……except the modern day Barcelona. His teams actions, but more worryingly his own at the Community Shield of Spain in yet another El Classico, leaves an incredibly bitter taste in the mouth. Mourinho’s own attempt to take advantage of the melee that occurred in front of his dugout to go over to a Barca coach and gouge him in the right eye…well…..I simply have never seen this happen in our game before. A manager…the leader…showing his troops exactly what they SHOULD be doing to their opponent. It disrespects football and frankly makes him look like a mental.

The relevance of writing about this of course comes from one of the stranger assumptions in English football. And that is that Mourinho will indeed be the next MUFC manager after Fergie hangs up his chewing gum riddled boots. People think several reasons point to this: That Jose ‘loves’ England; That Sir Alex and Mourinho are best, wine-quaffing buddies; That United would only want THE most successful manager they could obtain; That United learned a generation of pain worth of a lesson after the end of the Busby era, employing men not fit to stand in the great warhorse’s shadow. It’s so simple! It can only be the Special One for the world’s Special Club?

Wrong.

When Mourinho was given his cards by Abramovich I would’ve taken him as our next manager in a heart beat. Football is a seductive business and trophies are a fan’s aphrodisiac. Jose knew how to win. We all want a bit of that. But what Ive witnessed in the last few years of the man…well I’m sorry but it stinks. He’s still managed to maintain his levels of success..taking THAT Inter team to Champions of Europe…well who would have guessed? But the way they and he did it…playing that brand of Anti-Football. It simply turns me off. It’s like seeing that absolutely gorgeous woman from afar, only to get close to her and smell her stinking, rotten breathe. There’s still gonna be loads of lads that will look past this and be happy with her…but us at United? We wouldn’t be able to get that stench out of our nostrils!

Does this make me and United fans who agree seem pompous? Maybe. But the fact remains. I don’t want to spend thousands of £s of my own money every season to follow a team that makes me want to fall a sleep as soon as the first whistle is blown. Success is often taken as something that must be achieved at all cost. In many ways that is correct. But United…like Madrid…have a tradition. Porto, Chelsea and Inter are by no means small clubs. But they were teams starved of the biggest trophies..desperate to get up that ladder at any cost. Jose preys on this. He delivers the gold and you pay him the booty he demands. He is the modern day pirate. As he did with both Porto and Inter “Here is your European Cup trophy….now im off to the next ship of fools”

Mourinho will always be a man of success. He will always find a way and these are not traits of a bad manager.

But I question the man.

I question his integrity. Would we be happy for Sir Alex to go over and gouge at the eye of Villa-Boas (don’t answer that) Of course not. It’s disgusting. There are many bad things happening in football and indeed the world at the minute, but as far as an isolated incident goes, with a manager on the touchline…well it even makes Arsene Wenger mounting the Old Trafford dugout seem 100% sane and normal. It’s an act against the will of football. It’s sneaky and incendiary. It’s borderline barbaric and a form of touchline terrorism. It’s something that you may never see in top flight football again…I certainly have never seen it before from such a high profile manager.

So I implore David Gill and his cronie bosses from across the pond to think hard about the Sir Alex exit strategy. The heart of Manchester United is what we’re considering here. We want success…of course we do. But do we need a man who now presents himself as an enemy against the Beautiful Game?

Ex United player Gerard Pique said after the match the other night: “Someone has to take action, Mourinho is destroying Spanish football. It is going too far. This will end very badly.”

And the man is totally right. Mourinho doesn’t care how Spanish football is viewed. He doesn’t even care if he is caught on video, reaching round a man’s face to claw his fingers into his eyeball. For Jose its just another act of war.

A certain Mancunian God once wrote a song called ‘Barbarism Begins At Home’ …Lets hope our home….Old Trafford…avoids such an unlucky fate. If Mourinho wants to make football his slave and make it implode in chaos, let us not give him the Theatre of Dreams as his stage to do it.

redrus

How many goals did blackburn concede at trafford when Jones Yes Jones played centre half . It really is funny Him & Evens :lol:

Phil Jones is a top quality player. I'll admit i'd love to see him at Spurs. i also reckon Wesley Sneijder will be signed by Utd by the end of the window. Nasri will complete his move to City and hopefully the only team to lose out will be Chelsea with Modric staying at Spurs.

How many goals did blackburn concede at trafford when Jones Yes Jones played centre half . It really is funny Him & Evens :lol:

Phil Jones is a top quality player. I'll admit i'd love to see him at Spurs. i also reckon Wesley Sneijder will be signed by Utd by the end of the window. Nasri will complete his move to City and hopefully the only team to lose out will be Chelsea with Modric staying at Spurs.

You forget about the Arse.....this summers "least likely to succeed". smile.gif

Vidic out amongst other defenders for weeks to come, chelsea without chech for a month, arsenal being arsenal, seems the stars are lining up in city's favour this year-dont bottle it adder, your big chance is here.

So Vidic being out for a few weeks gives city a chance 40.gif and theres me thinking that football is a squad game.

Vidic out amongst other defenders for weeks to come, chelsea without chech for a month, arsenal being arsenal, seems the stars are lining up in city's favour this year-dont bottle it adder, your big chance is here.

So Vidic being out for a few weeks gives city a chance 40.gif and theres me thinking that football is a squad game.

A squad game made up of ..........

Yes our big chance is here & I thought that last year . However deep inside I feel we still have something missing . I can't put my fingers on what it is though.

I am waiting to see who the misery signing will be .Mancini has said there is 1 more after Nasri . That could be the thing that is missing .

We will see .I just hope that City play the way they did for the seconed half of last season .

However deep inside I feel we still have something missing . I can't put my fingers on what it is though.

IMO it's Mancini's managerial style and his style of play. I just feel he isn't full rounded article.

However deep inside I feel we still have something missing . I can't put my fingers on what it is though.

IMO it's Mancini's managerial style and his style of play. I just feel he isn't full rounded article.

I am not sure if it is that .I thought maybe but keep coming back to the fact we won the FA Cup with him . Also that the style of players he is bringing in now seem to be of a very good football ilk

I think this year is the year to judge what stile he wants to play . Now he has got the players to do what he wants. B)