Manchester United

redrus

Don't feed the troll smokes, they have a never ending appetite for getting mentally abused-think its a fetish actually.

Haha, didn't people think you were a troll at one point James..? :whistling:

redrus

Still am mate, but for some reason people like you keep feeding me.

I reckon Fergie will now be looking to find his best 11 ASAP and settle on it, as well as buy a shedload of Complan (or whatever that stuff is for putting on weight is called) for De Gea and get some muscle on him as he needs a stone or two or he's going to get slaughtered in the premiership.

If you watch Joe Hart take a cross, his arm are fully stretched to meet the ball. A couple of times I've felt De Gea lets the ball come to him rather than stretch for it. He's had a lot of 'eyeing up' and people have formed a good opinion of him based on what they've seen. I'm sure he will improve.

Be hard for him not to improve really. If the truth be said is weakness in the air has not cost Manyoo . It has been his slow reflex to shots & I don't think you can train for that

Which is 2 times more than you have been to see your shower of Sh-te ;)

I love this unique brand of Mancunian wit you bring to the forum.

Fascinating.

Very fookin unique mate, I've been in and around Manchester all of my life and never have I encountered this 'brand'....!!

Fascinating, one feels you wanted to use a different word there Smokie..... :whistling:

redrus

Spent three years living there myself mate and never encountered anything like this muppet's attitude.

Don't feed the troll smokes, they have a never ending appetite for getting mentally abused-think its a fetish actually.

Haha, didn't people think you were a troll at one point James..? :whistling:

redrus

Still am mate, but for some reason people like you keep feeding me.

I've never fed you James, troll's yes, you, no....!!

You've found a place by adding something to the forum fella, positively.... :jap:

redrus

Which is 2 times more than you have been to see your shower of Sh-te ;)

I love this unique brand of Mancunian wit you bring to the forum.

Fascinating.

Very fookin unique mate, I've been in and around Manchester all of my life and never have I encountered this 'brand'....!!

Fascinating, one feels you wanted to use a different word there Smokie..... :whistling:

redrus

Spent three years living there myself mate and never encountered anything like this muppet's attitude.

:rolleyes:

redrus

Slow reflex to shots? The goal against west brom he was took quick to go down. The kid has lightening relexes, his issue is composure, which will come in time.

Joe Hart looked pretty avg against bolton.

I can smell your bitterness hahahahahahha

Slow reflex to shots? The goal against west brom he was took quick to go down. The kid has lightening relexes, his issue is composure, which will come in time.

Hey Bacon Knuts kid from Jamaca you still trying to find OWED TWA_TFORD. How come you didn't watch the match SBF won't be happy win you Son. :D

Hey Bacon Knuts kid from Jamaca you still trying to find OWED TWA_TFORD. How come you didn't watch the match SBF won't be happy win you Son. :D

As stated by Abrak on Liverpool thread -

"My point being that your comment that you 'think' is exactly equal to the fact that 'Adder' 'thinks'. Which pretty closely approximates to whether my cat thinks. Which is a very interesting question." :whistling:

Which really about sums Adder up ( PUN INTENTED ) :D

BT

As stated by Abrak on Liverpool thread -

"My point being that your comment that you 'think' is exactly equal to the fact that 'Adder' 'thinks'. Which pretty closely approximates to whether my cat thinks. Which is a very interesting question." :whistling:

Which really about sums Adder up ( PUN INTENTED ) :D

BT

Hahahahahahahaha A keyboard warrior WOW

Theres more atmosphere on here (thanks to adder :) ) than at the two manc statiums combined.

Its only taken two games and the global Utd fans on here are wallowing in a great big fergie wankfest. Well done, you've beaten a Spurs team without its best players being subjected to the horrendous tactical acumen of wobbly chops. You've beaten the mighty WBA who have'nt the budget to buy one of your reserve players.

Time for a reality check. You are nothing more than Barca's bitches and not really up to it against Madrid either.

Theres more atmosphere on here (thanks to adder :) ) than at the two manc statiums combined.

Its only taken two games and the global Utd fans on here are wallowing in a great big fergie wankfest. Well done, you've beaten a Spurs team without its best players being subjected to the horrendous tactical acumen of wobbly chops. You've beaten the mighty WBA who have'nt the budget to buy one of your reserve players.

Time for a reality check. You are nothing more than Barca's bitches and not really up to it against Madrid either.

Really?

Reading some of your posts i thought you was part of the wank fest,then again it was only WBA and Spurs who we beat :D

Really?

Reading some of your posts i thought you was part of the wank fest,then again it was only WBA and Spurs who we beat :D

No don't be silly Red, you know thats not true. I merely said that Jones, Smalling and Cleverley are fine young players and !8m keeper will turn out alright which does not constitute a wankfest.

Theres nothing wrong with being honest is there?

Continuing in an honest vein...................no thats a waste of time on this thread, so lets all pretend its not all about red nose, lets just ooze and gush out arrogance continuing in denial that we really are as big as Real Madrid.

I'd rather be a Tottenhan fan in the lower leagues.

What you got for that then red? :lol:

Big week ahead for macheda-loaned out to where? Blackburn could use help. Where's owen been_hurt again?

Maybe we can offload carrick to arsenal in exchange for frimpong-i like that kid although he tackles like cattermole.

Hey - just cos we screwed up doesn't mean we can be repeatedly screwed over :rolleyes:

Added to Rus's post earlier...

Reds make Beeline

Manchester United have signed a three-year partnership with Beeline, Vietnam’s leading mobile telecoms company.

The deal will give the club’s estimated 16 million fans in Vietnam a chance to see all the goals scored by the Reds, as well as exclusive interviews, news and behind-the-scenes access – bringing them closer to Old Trafford than ever before.

Announcing the deal, United's Commercial Director Richard Arnold said: "We are very excited about this partnership.

"Beeline is the right partner for us in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia – an ambitious young organisation which has already made a big impact locally in a short space of time.

"We know that this partnership will bring great benefits to both partners. We’re looking forward to breaking new ground with Beeline."

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson added: "Manchester United has always been at the forefront of the game off the pitch as well as on it and this partnership is another example of that.

"Everyone knows about the passion of our fans in that part of the world and this deal makes it a lot easier for us to keep in touch with them."

Michael Cluzel, Head of Indochina Cluster of VimpelCom Ltd. and CEO of Beeline Vietnam (GTEL – Mobile), said: "Football is the number one sport in Vietnam, and Manchester United has always been one of the most widely supported football teams in the world and Vietnam is no exception.

"We are very excited to be working with Manchester United on a range of activities that will be mutually beneficial and will bring this legendary club closer to this football-loving country.

"This step also demonstrates Beeline’s commitment to the Indochina region in general and Vietnam in particular. We are planning to kick off various activities for our customers here.

"Our focus is very simple: we will bring things closer to our customers and things that they want to experience things that no one has ever brought to them."

No don't be silly Red, you know thats not true. I merely said that Jones, Smalling and Cleverley are fine young players and !8m keeper will turn out alright which does not constitute a wankfest.

Continuing in an honest vein...................no thats a waste of time on this thread, so lets all pretend its not all about red nose, lets just ooze and gush out arrogance continuing in denial that we really are as big as Real Madrid.

My objection to this, is that I think Spurs supporters should be the last people in the league complaining that the EPL is a wankfest or pissing contest.

That is not because it isnt but because it is. And Spurs shouldnt really be taking part because they dont have enough 'piss' either in terms of revenues or in terms of balance sheet.

Now you might think that is a bit of a stupid thing to say for a LFC supporter that you have soundly beaten for the last two years but LFC recognize the problem and are therefore throwing money at it (in fact the entire problem was that we ran out of money). And if that doesnt work this year we will throw some more money at it next. You guys are simply trying to show how much you can punch above your weight against teams that know that it is a lot less than they can increase their weight.

To some extent I think things have gone beyond absurdity. I mean you cant really buy a decent striker for a reasonable price at the moment. Now the question is. Is that because there is a shortage of decent strikers? Or is it because Chelsea and City have simply bought them all as though they were playing monopoly?

And for people to start arguing that Mancini is a great manager because he has created a title challenging team in two years is ridiculous. In fact the whole concept that it is clever to lose horrendous amounts of money to win a trophy is ridiculous. Now of course that is all supposed to change under FFP but if all you have to do is ring up your half brother and ask him for 400m in order to finance your latest hobby it is pretty unlikely.

And this isnt the right way for the Premier League to go. There is something rather pathetic about the City/Spurs Abeldayor (SP?) situation. I think we are rightly proud of having a competitive league or whatever. And when you are reduced to one team handing over a cast off at a subsidized fee and that player being the best hope they have of a decent striker, it is more like a charity especially as it is a team that beat them two seasons ago. The economic reality is that if this is the way things are heading and continue to head, people will eventually switch off.

are you seapok in disguise?

BTW, Old Traffords just like the library, red. But atleast you can hear some interesting insights on the dug out conversations. :lol:

Always a positive then,by the way you maybe joining the hammers soon enough.....so your wish might come true ....bwahhh bwaahhh 3-0 thraasshhhing!!

My objection to this, is that I think Spurs supporters should be the last people in the league complaining that the EPL is a wankfest or pissing contest.

That is not because it isnt but because it is. And Spurs shouldnt really be taking part because they dont have enough 'piss' either in terms of revenues or in terms of balance sheet.

Now you might think that is a bit of a stupid thing to say for a LFC supporter that you have soundly beaten for the last two years but LFC recognize the problem and are therefore throwing money at it (in fact the entire problem was that we ran out of money). And if that doesnt work this year we will throw some more money at it next. You guys are simply trying to show how much you can punch above your weight against teams that know that it is a lot less than they can increase their weight.

To some extent I think things have gone beyond absurdity. I mean you cant really buy a decent striker for a reasonable price at the moment. Now the question is. Is that because there is a shortage of decent strikers? Or is it because Chelsea and City have simply bought them all as though they were playing monopoly?

And for people to start arguing that Mancini is a great manager because he has created a title challenging team in two years is ridiculous. In fact the whole concept that it is clever to lose horrendous amounts of money to win a trophy is ridiculous. Now of course that is all supposed to change under FFP but if all you have to do is ring up your half brother and ask him for 400m in order to finance your latest hobby it is pretty unlikely.

And this isnt the right way for the Premier League to go. There is something rather pathetic about the City/Spurs Abeldayor (SP?) situation. I think we are rightly proud of having a competitive league or whatever. And when you are reduced to one team handing over a cast off at a subsidized fee and that player being the best hope they have of a decent striker, it is more like a charity especially as it is a team that beat them two seasons ago. The economic reality is that if this is the way things are heading and continue to head, people will eventually switch off.

So your investment is not looking to clever then?

So your investment is not looking to clever then?

No theoretically quite the opposite.

Spurs is not financially successful because it is trying to compete with companies that are happy to lose 150m quid a year.

If either (1) clubs are not allowed to lose vast sums of money and succeed or 2) it stops competing against financial losers, it will be financially successful at least in value creation terms.

Gossip: Manchester United linked with late Samir Nasri swoop

MEN-online....

Manchester United are on standby to make a shock late swoop for Manchester City target Samir Nasri, according to a report.

The French ace is set to move for the Blues for £23m after undergoing a medical in Manchester on Tuesday night.

However, the Daily Mail report that United are hopeful the lure of a central midfield spot at Old Trafford could make Nasri think twice.

This is all over the internet, surely surely just a mad rumour.....?!?!?

redrus

How was I supposed to know the journey would take over two hours and the onboard buffet bar would be closed? Eh? Photograph: Miguel Vidal/ReutersManchester Piccadilly train station. Samir Nasri hops off his Pendolino, pops his copy of Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell into his knapsack, regrets, yet again, his decision to buy a BLT sandwich from the buffet car somewhere around Coventry, and strides towards the glass walls of the terminal where a chauffeur dressed top to toe in sky blue is standing with"Mr NASREY" scribbled on a piece of card.

A simple scene, the prelude to a simple transfer. But look again. Who's that peeping out from behind his Racing Post over by Upper Crust? Why it's Sir Alex Ferguson with a hungry look in his eye, and it's not because he's waiting for the microwave to finish warming up his tuna and cheese baguette. According to the Daily Mail Manchester United are pondering hijacking Nasri's switch to Eastlands, a swoop that would require some serious stones (not to mention a £24m transfer fee and, most problematically, somewhere around £185,000 a week in wages).

While City are putting in place the final piece of their jigsaw, Neil Warnock is still sorting out the corners and the bits of sky. The QPR manager is preparing a loan bid for out of favour Spurs midfielderJermaine Jenas, a £2m offer for Aston Villa's Luke Young (who will only be available if Villa can land Tottenham's Alan Hutton), a move for Al-Sadd's former Portsmouth full-back Nadir Belhadj, a £5m offer for West Ham's Scott Parker, a bid for Joey Barton and a swoop for Manchester City man Nedum Onuoha.

Tottenham have told Chelsea to forget about signing Luka Modric, possibly using some sort of memory-altering technology such as that seen in Men in Black and/or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Or failing that playing Phil Collins's I've Forgotten Everything on loop until the collective Chelsea mind can remember literally nothing at all except those haunting lyrics – "I can't recollect my feelings 'til someone mentions that they saw you. I really don't remember all the things you said 'til someone shows me where you live." Yeah. Deep. Think about it.

With Manchester City cramming their already crammed squad with even more talent, some seems set to squirt out of the sides. Bolton are waiting with their talent drip-tray and hope to catch Dedryck Boyata on loan and Shaun Wright-Phillips permanently. Sunderland's Steve Bruce is also jostling for space at City's back door – he wants to take Roque Santa Cruz to the north-east.

Elsewhere at the opposite end of the country to the south-west, Newcastle United want Inter midfielder Sulley Muntari. Apparently Alan Pardew has "registered an interest" and will "send an official offer" to the Milan giants this week. The Mill uses the same drawn-out approach whenever it makes important purchases, a shopping approach that does cause some confusion down at the local Costcutter.

Remember Blackpool? You know, they were a big important proper club last season and everyone loved them? But then they dropped into the nightmarish vacuum of nothingness and despair that is the fifth best-supported league in Europe? Not ringing any bells? "The memories are hazy now, I don't recall at all. There's nothing, there's nothing there just me and I don't understand why." Well, anyway, they have "launched a double swoop" for Aston Villa's Barry Bannan and Southampton'sJason Puncheon.

The Gaurdian

Should De Go Or Should De Stay

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM footballfriendsonline.com

On 29 June this summer a young Spanish goalkeeper by the name of David De Gea was signed by Manchester United for £18m.

The 20-year-old had a successful season for his hometown side Atletico Madrid but had only just cemented his place in their side. That is why it came as a surprise that Sir Alex Ferguson and his goalkeeping coach – Eric Steele – chose De Gea to replace the retired Edwin Van der Sar.

Replacing a world class shot-stopper in the shape of Van der Sar is a hard task to follow even for mature keepers such as Gianluigi Buffon and Pepe Reina. Both players were in the running to replace Van der Sar along with Hugo Lloris, Manuel Neuer and Maarten Stekelenburg.

Neuer and Stekelenburg both moved clubs this summer after speculation that they could be transferred to Old Trafford, joining Bayern Munich and Roma respectively.

The uncertainty of the signing has risen due to De Gea’s early appearances in goal for United. The Spaniard allowed Edin Dzeko to score from 30-yards and then let a tame Shane Long shot roll under his body in United’s opening Premier League fixture against West Brom. Luckily enough for De Gea, United were able to win both games due to late goals.

He did play marginally better against Tottenham on Monday but still flapped at a couple of shots and crosses. De Gea’s best asset seems to be his distribution, highlighted with a long throw that allowed United to counter-attack for their second goal.

Spanish Journalist Guillem Balague has called on the British media to stop criticising the keeper after only a handful of games. He said on his official twitter site: “People doubting David De Gea? Seriously? It will be a feast of eaten words at the end of the season. De Gea is not just good. He is extraordinary.”

The 20-year-old's talent is unquestionable, but Ferguson and Manchester United fans will have to be extremely patient before he turns into a world class goalkeeper. With only Anders Lindegaard challenging, De Gea may have time to cement his place in United’s new-look team.

Anthony Hay

STAY....., thank you Guillem, sense for once....!!!

redrus