Manchester United

redrus

Lets hope you will be off your face before the game .......great numbing stuff that is

I'll be saving that for after you thieve and cheat three points off of us.

I fully expect you to take all three...only the level of audacity on view is in question.

Edit: i before e etc...

Edited by smokie36

i hope we steal and cheat and thieve ......anything to stay in touch with them blue noses

rolleyes.gif Everyone see that?

I'm sure Mr Webb has been well briefed.

Theyvé been doing it for years smokes. If I was playing cards with them, I'm make them all wear short sleeved shirts.

• Like 1

Well, well, well, what was that? Manchester not good enough for even the UEFA Europa League??? The 2:3 loss at home against Spanish side Athletico Bilbao is just not a good result.

United will have to work hard in the return leg to reach the next round. But the Citizens did not do much better either.

The much trumpeted pre-eminence of the English & Welsh Premier League takes another body blow this week. Deep Joy for blatter.

While on the subject of relative merits of the european national leagues, attendances in the UK seem to be holding up well though (as in Germany). Spain looks to be struggling and have you seen the crowd shots at the average Serie A game lately - reminds me of that old joke 'what time does the game start; what time can you make it?'

Well, well, well, what was that? Manchester not good enough for even the UEFA Europa League??? The 2:3 loss at home against Spanish side Athletico Bilbao is just not a good result.

United will have to work hard in the return leg to reach the next round. But the Citizens did not do much better either.

No sh*t Sherlock! But why the gloating? Have you suddenly become a Spaniard?

Hallo Carmine,

not at all have I become a Spaniard. But a 2:3 loss at home (!) means that United has to win in Bilbao by at least 2 goals difference. And I am not sure whether Rooney is same as Messi (look at Messi's recent run against German Bayer Leverkusen).

No sh*t Sherlock! But why the gloating? Have you suddenly become a Spaniard?

Gloating seems to be Lotus's speciality. In the past it seemed to be any German club doing well against a Premier League side, now he seems to have expanded his range of gloating to include any club, German of otherwise, that does well.

Anyway, United's past three games, we have deserved to lose all three. By luck to a large degree, we managed to win two of them. Last night, we were lucky to end just one goal adrift. Losing at home is bad, but we are still in the tie. It will have to be a big effort next week. We are capable of turning things around, but indicators regarding form of late suggest it will be very difficult.

No complaints about the validity of their third goal, as it stemmed from awful defending, with our players not bothering to get back and put away to safety De Gea's palm away - he had an awesome game by the way - but it was a bit confusing in the lead up. I take it that kicking the ball minus one boot is a free kick offence these days? Anyway, no matter, our players shouldn't have been standing around complaining - they also take responsibility for the goal.

Final word must go to Athletico. Brilliant performance from them. They deserved to win the tie by a large margin. De Gea is the only reason they didn't.

Saw the Fergie effect in its glory again at the end. Since when was handling the ball when your feet are outside the box a penalty?

I did wonder about that too. As i understand it, if feet aren't in the box, it can't be a penalty. It is however a rule i have never really understood. I mean, if a player's arm is in the box by almost a yard, when contact with the ball is made, how just is it that it not be deemed a penalty because he keeps his feet out? I guess it is a rule for the sake of making the refs job easier, as judging position of top half of body relative to a line on the ground is much harder than looking at where the feet are.

Saw the Fergie effect in its glory again at the end. Since when was handling the ball when your feet are outside the box a penalty?

I did wonder about that too. As i understand it, if feet aren't in the box, it can't be a penalty. It is however a rule i have never really understood. I mean, if a player's arm is in the box by almost a yard, when contact with the ball is made, how just is it that it not be deemed a penalty because he keeps his feet out? I guess it is a rule for the sake of making the refs job easier, as judging position of top half of body relative to a line on the ground is much harder than looking at where the feet are.

Yeah its an odd decision by the ref. What annoyed me was 3-1 would have been a fairer reflection of the play.

Yeah its an odd decision by the ref. What annoyed me was 3-1 would have been a fairer reflection of the play.

I agree, although i can't help remembering now, every time we get a scoreline we don't deserve - which has been quite often of late - the words of Liverpool supporters who were quick to tell me when i said that we didn't deserve to lose against them in the FA Cup, as equally as they didn't deserve to win, that it is the team who scores the goals that is deserving, end of story. A nonsense argument in my opinion, but a nonsense argument i shall now be using when i see fit. biggrin.png

But a 2:3 loss at home (!) means that United has to win in Bilbao by at least 2 goals difference.

Technically actually not true. If United win by scoring more than 3, they only need a 1 goal difference.

Hello Rix Alex,

3 goals away at Bilbao? And conceding only one? You are a real optimist. Or you know more than the rest of us ...

But from my side: Good luck to ALL of Manchester!

But a 2:3 loss at home (!) means that United has to win in Bilbao by at least 2 goals difference.

Technically actually not true. If United win by scoring more than 3, they only need a 1 goal difference.

Hello Rix Alex,

3 goals away at Bilbao? And conceding only one? You are a real optimist. Or you know more than the rest of us ...

But from my side: Good luck to ALL of Manchester!

I don't think you grasped the point i was making. You said, United have to win by a 2 goal margin. Not true. If United score more than 3, they need only win by a one goal margin. Do i think United will score more than 3? Unlikely. Doesn't change the point being made.

Dimitar Berbatov could leave Manchester United at the end of the season, according to manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Scot confirmed the striker is seeking first-team football, something he is not guaranteed at Old Trafford.

Berbatov has started just five Premier League games this season.

"At 31, he is looking at first-team football, said Ferguson. "It is difficult for me to guarantee that so it could lead to him looking elsewhere."

Awww SAF's so cuddly when he talks about his players so fondly isn't he.

Roughly translated it means "what, are you still here sonny - awa and get a job before I put the heed on ya"

Just found out It's a 1am kick off,ah well it should be an entertaining match whatever the outcome if they play the same way they did at OT you cannot deny that they are a very good side and deserve to go through.

Something is telling me the Premier League outcome could be a little clearer after tonight's games.

Come on City!