Manchester United

redrus

Take nothing away from Bibao, they were superb, full of running, full of hunger, clearly they wanted it. Congrats to them, and hope they go far.

In the first leg, at home, we played awful, but we did have a bit of fight about us. Last night, it's a wonder why we bothered getting on the plane. We played the entire game at half speed, and looked simply like we couldn't be arsed. If this was by design, in order to focus on the league, and in order to avoid any injuries, i guess there is some logic in that, although it doesn't exactly speak well of the strength of our squad - not that we are under any illusions on that score.

Yep - last night a punch in the gut for the inflated egos at the EPL.

I don't buy this portrait so often painted of the EPL players somehow having so much more ego issues. Go have a look at the top clubs in any league and you'll find your share of prima donas.

Show me a player who doesn't think he is the dogs <deleted> and i'l show you a player who won't go very far.

You were played off the park tonight. Mind you Citeh's defeat was poor as well.

Makes you wonder as to the longer term future of English football in Europe doesn't it?

Not really, no. Cup competitions are a funny old business and the best clubs don't always win em. Not that i'm saying English football has the best teams, but we are still there or there abouts, and i wouldn't be surprised to see a stronger showing in the Champion's League next season. You can't dominate year after year, and never have the odd blip, the ups, the downs. I'm sure that won't stop some scrambling to predict terrible demises.

At least Blatter and Platini will be happy campers. The Italians, the Germans or the Spanish can dominate Europe, but heaven forbid England should ever commit that sin.

Mind you Citeh's defeat was poor as well.

But at least we won one of the legs

Another moral victory won then like coming back from 3 goals down against us, maybe you can add another star above your badge end of the season.

• Like 1

I hope the end of the season you will be saying at least we beat you 6-1 ........no consolation is it really if you win nowt? LOL!!!

Another moral victory won then like coming back from 3 goals down against us, maybe you can add another star above your badge end of the season.

Well look what the cat's dragged in. How you doin nev.

I hope the end of the season you will be saying at least we beat you 6-1 ........no consolation is it really if you win nowt? LOL!!!

You haven't won nowt either yet. So don't go counting your chickens.

You haven't won nowt either yet. So don't go counting your chickens.

We are the Champions clap2.gif did you see that Cidy fan crying at Swansea by the way? violin.gif

I don't buy this portrait so often painted of the EPL players somehow having so much more ego issues. Go have a look at the top clubs in any league and you'll find your share of prima donas.

Show me a player who doesn't think he is the dogs <deleted> and i'l show you a player who won't go very far.

I was talking about the admin, not the players

Well look what the cat's dragged in. How you doin nev.

Good mate how's things, your heart holding out now it is so close, snould be a very exciting last 10 games, and may the best team win as long as they wear redcoffee1.gif

I am doing good as long as Mr Red does not lead me astray again burp.gif

Saying that the administrations of EPL clubs have inflated egos is one way of looking at it. Another is that they just set high standards and expect a decent return on big investment. All depends on the picture one wishes to paint. Can't help thinking that the general tendency is, because of the success of the EPL, to paint a negative one. Premier League slash English football bashing is indeed a popular past-time.

Saying that the administrations of EPL clubs have inflated egos is one way of looking at it. Another is that they just set high standards and expect a decent return on big investment. All depends on the picture one wishes to paint. Can't help thinking that the general tendency is, because of the success of the EPL, to paint a negative one. Premier League slash English football bashing is indeed a popular past-time.

I sometimes wonder how successful the EPL really is. Afterall it does have the highest ticket prices in the world and it does lose the most amount of money. But I guess if you measure it by the size of Rooney's car collection you are probably correct.

I sometimes wonder how successful the EPL really is. Afterall it does have the highest ticket prices in the world and it does lose the most amount of money. But I guess if you measure it by the size of Rooney's car collection you are probably correct.

Let me get this straight, you question that the EPL is successful? Really? Are you serious?

Germans where never very good in Europe tactically jerk.gif

Hallo Mr. Green,

as far as I am informed ALL Manchester is out, but German clubs Hanover and Schalke made it to the next round. So much to the German "tactics" in the UEFA Europa League. Oh, not to forget Metalist Charkow is also still in ...

Good luck to both German Clubs!

LotusBlue

Before you carry on making a @rse of yourself, watch SAF very carefully. When he says how disappointed he is to be out of the Europa League, consider whether his body language is supporting his lips! Consider why Scholes, Welbeck and Fernandes were left mostly on the bench. Consider why so few tackles from Man U were crunchy.

And ssshhh - don't tell UEFA!

• Like 1

Hallo Mr. Green,

as far as I am informed ALL Manchester is out, but German clubs Hanover and Schalke made it to the next round. So much to the German "tactics" in the UEFA Europa League. Oh, not to forget Metalist Charkow is also still in ...

Sorry pal, you've become boring

Hallo Mr. Green,

Sorry pal, you've become boring

Agree no need for gloating, both manc teams have more important games coming up, and after united went out had a feeling city would too.

Massive game on sunday for us, we could go 4 points clear and put pressure on city, or be typical of united after getting through our hard run of games to <deleted> up at wolves.

Hello.....

redrus

How are you Redrus ?.

Good being a united fan right now we can siy back and watch city playe there next game before we play again, any slip up from city we will be in a sound position.

City have 10 cup finals have they had that many in the lifetime?. 5555

Big game tonight we have a chance of opening a 3 point gap and wipe away the goal difference, i would take a scrappy 1-0 win right now.

I admire Utd's ability to grind out results and thats what you did last night.

However, theres no doubt in my mind that Fulham would have been awarded a penalty at any other ground in the country, against any other team.rolleyes.gif

Big game tonight we have a chance of opening a 3 point gap and wipe away the goal difference, i would take a scrappy 1-0 win right now.

However, theres no doubt in my mind that Fulham would have been awarded a penalty at any other ground in the country, against any other team.rolleyes.gif

I suppose it was a cross between not having the bottle to award it under the glare of Sir Whiskey Nose, despite how obvious, and just being an absolute shocker. One more of thoses and it should be plain sailing.

I suppose it was a cross between not having the bottle to award it under the glare of Sir Whiskey Nose, despite how obvious, and just being an absolute shocker. One more of thoses and it should be plain sailing.

Agree lads thought it was a pen, but the direction of the ball sugested carrick knicked it and the stevie gerrard esq dive maybe made up the refs mind, you win some lose some, like the one against us at home to newcastle, and city getting one against newcastle at home and same game newcastle denied a stonewall one.

About the game united was very average, fergies subs baffling, playing giggs central mid baffling, and keeping him on all game.

Must add jonny evans was immense.

Agree lads thought it was a pen, but the direction of the ball sugested carrick knicked it and the stevie gerrard esq dive maybe made up the refs mind, you win some lose some, like the one against us at home to newcastle, and city getting one against newcastle at home and same game newcastle denied a stonewall one.

About the game united was very average, fergies subs baffling, playing giggs central mid baffling, and keeping him on all game.

Must add jonny evans was immense.

Thing is nev, this seasons been littered with them. I wouldn't go as far to say its ruined the season because it obviously hasn't but i think were all fed up with these decisions that spoil games in the full knowledge that this doesn't have to be the case.

Carmine look at this site www.debatabledecisions.com very interesting and you will see utd and city pretty even on decisions and both are well down on the table, so the league will not be decided by the latest dodgy one including the one denied to utd in the first half a hand ball by kelly.

Carmine look at this site www.debatabledecisions.com very interesting and you will see utd and city pretty even on decisions and both are well down on the table, so the league will not be decided by the latest dodgy one including the one denied to utd in the first half a hand ball by kelly.

Its not about any old decision nev its about the decisions at crucial times in crucial games. EG you currently should only be one point clear in the table after the Fulham game.

Its not about any old decision nev its about the decisions at crucial times in crucial games. EG you currently should only be one point clear in the table after the Fulham game.

One other thing mate is that i forgot to say that i spoke to a pal of mine who's a Fulham season ticket holder. He didn't have a problem at all about the result because as he said to me, "everybody knows you never get given those at Old Trafford." biggrin.png