Manchester United

redrus

Let's hope two more experienced players in

RvP is being reported as a 'done deal' in some quarters, though we know not to believe anything till the press conference but, with that dick that went to Chelsea a few years ago, we know that not to be true either.. No mither, we got about 10mil..., better than getting the waste of space anyway imo.. ;)

Malaga’s Nacho Monreal is the lad I was thinking of earlier.

Man Utd look to Wales for long term replacement for Patrice Evra

footylatest.com

Sir Alex Ferguson could go to Wales in search of a new left back for this season, lining up Team GB and Swansea defender Neil Taylor as a long term replacement for Frenchman Patrice Evra, reports The Mirror.

Ferguson was trying to sign Everton’s England international Leighton Baines, but the 20 million pounds valuation by Everton has put off any move for Baines. Although Baines is not out of the contention totally, Taylor could be an alternative for the Red Devils and Swansea may lose yet another of their hot prospects following midfielder Joe Allen’s move to Liverpool.

The 22 year old defender missed just two games for the club last season, and a move to Old Trafford could be a defining moment in his fast rising career.

The 5 million pounds rated man is one of the alternatives for Sir Alex, who has also targeted FC Copenhagen’s Bryan Oviedo and Malaga’s Nacho Monreal to provide competition to Patrice Evra. Signing a new left back is high on the priority list for the Manchester United boss, especially after the departure of Fabio on loan for a season to QPR.

redrus

Darren Fletcher’s Manchester United return ticket

August 15, 2012-MEN

Darren Fletcher handed Sir Alex Ferguson a midfield boost by making his comeback last night as United lost at Aberdeen in a benefit match for Dons legend Neil Simpson.

Former Aberdeen manager Fergie included Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand in a star-studded side but it was the return Fletcher – who is on the road to recovery from a chronic inflammatory bowel condition – that was the most telling feature of a game that the Reds lost 2-1.

He played for the first time since a Champions League match against Benfica last November, coming on a second-half substitute.

The United boss said: “I’m delighted. For Darren, it’s great to be back and I hope it’s the start for him. We don’t know as we’re all aware he’s got this issue he needs to deal with and he’s dealing with it very well at the moment. What we’ve seen is encouraging for us.

“It’s been a quiet progress for the boy. He joined in training a couple of weeks ago and it’s one of these situations where you say: ‘Let’s see how he does’ because he has had a really difficult time.

“He’s got to the stage now where he feels he needs a game. He’s been training really well. I let him join Scotland this week but he wanted a game so I said: ‘Come to Aberdeen and join up afterwards’.”

Anderson scored United’s goal against the Dons in a game that saw old boys Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Quinton Fortune and Clayton Blackmore feature.

I think most people will appreciate seeing Darren back, besides (like Vidic) missing his guile in central areas last season, it's never nice to someonne not able to achieve their goals because of an illness we know very little of. Fingers crossed for Darren, one that he gets better and two, that he doesn't grow curly hair and f off to Ciddy.. ;)

redrus

• Like 2

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie to sign for Manchester United in £24m deal

August 15, 2012

Robin van Persie has agreed to sign for Manchester United in a £24m four-year deal.

The 29-year-old Arsenal striker will meet United officials in the next 48 hours for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

In July, Van Persie announced he would not extend his current contract, which expires in June 2013.

The Netherlands international scored 44 goals in 57 games for club and country last season, including two against United.

MEN

redrus

• Like 1

United agree RVP deal

Arsenal striker will travel to Manchester to finalise personal terms clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Robin van Persie: Manchester United have agreed terms with Arsenal over striker

Manchester United have agreed terms with Premier League rivals Arsenal for the transfer of star striker Robin van Persie.

The Holland international is now due to travel to Manchester on Thursday to finalise personal terms and undergo a medical with the Red Devils before putting pen to paper on an anticipated four-year deal.

Van Persie announced shortly after Euro 2012 that he would not be extending his contract with the Gunners, which has just 12 months left to run.

Source http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7992947/United-agree-RVP-deal

clap2.gif Not bad for a club with no money 22.5 million.

Will be interesting to see him in a United shirt hopefully injury free and scoring freely as last season....still have my reservations at his age but??

• Like 1

You guys must be happy with that. Kagawa and RVP. Do you feel any other areas need strengthening?

Left Back.

Yeah, def left back..... Evra can't get back anymore.

redrus

Lots of chatter about one more annoucement tomorrow. Berba leaving comes to mind but I think there is one more signing to be made. Midfield is what many people are looking for, I suspect it will be left back and NOT Baines. Aly Cissokho would be sweet. Watch this space ;)

Don't expect it to be good news mate, 'naming rights to Old Trafford' is being banded round....... sad.png

redrus

nah, that sounds too much like Mike Ashley lol. But who knows, "Chevy Field @ Old Trafford " "Nike Stadium" " "bwin bowl" "Old Singha" or someone new out of the blue "TRUE Park"

I will stick with LB until notified otherwise.

Report: United turn from Baines to Taylor

Manchester United are considering a move for Swansea left-back Neil Taylor.

By ESPNSTAR.com staff

With Fabio sent out on-loan to Queens Park Rangers this summer, Patrice Evra remains Manchester United's only established left-back. The club was heavily linked with Everton's Leighton Baines at the end of last season, but David Moyes' refusal to budge on his 20 million pound price tag has deterred the Red Devils from making a bid for the Englishman.

While United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is still keeping Baines as an option, the Daily Mirror reports that the experienced Scot has identified Taylor as another potential target. Previously scouted by Newcastle, the Welshman started in all of Stuart Pearce's Team GB fixtures during London 2012 after an impressive Premier League debut season with Swansea.

Being just 23 years of age, Taylor is an example of the type of highly-rated youngster Ferguson appreciates. The fact that he is rated at just 5 million pounds by his current employers also makes him a more likely acquisition than Baines. However, the Red Devils are also keeping FC Copenhagen's Bryan Oviedo in mind.

Should Taylor manage to secure a move to Old Trafford, it would mark the completion of a meteoric rise to the top for the full-back, who was playing non-league football with Wreham just three years ago.

Source http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item839055/Report:-United-turn-from-Baines-to-Taylor/

Mirror talks about Hernandez coming to the Arsenal. What tosh - makes no sense to negotiate two transfers separately. Is he still in favour with you guys. No we do not need Bumbletovsmile.png (but I guess Swansea could be interested)

Edited by SantiSuk

clap2.gif Not bad for a club with no money 22.5 million.

Didn't you just get a load from a bunch of numpty nuts on the stock exchange?

Investors tongue.png who have you signed apart from the Rodman laugh.png

We haven't signed anyone big yet but I'd sooner that than sign an old injury prone one, albeit he is good when in form.

^

Bitter to the last... wink.png

redrus

So you've got Rooney,Welbeck and now,Van Persie.Where does Hernandez fit into the equation? Personally,I think he's better than the other three.

Daft question mate.....! He fits in like Yorke/Cole and Sheri/Oli or any derivative of those four that fit. Four strikers was always the norm at OT.

If Hernandez doesn't like that he shouldn't have come but, I feel the red tops are making something out of nothing there.

redrus

RVP arrived for a medical about 20 mins ago you would think the richest club in the world also the biggest signing of the year they would have a private plane on standby for him gotta love united for that also they are saying he could play on monday ?

Edited by Notstupid30

RVP arrived for a medical about 20 mins ago you would think the ritchest club in the world also the biggest signing of the year they would have a private plane on standby for him gotta love united for that also they are saying he could play on monday ?

Dev is this your alter screen name? lol what colour socks was he wearing? ;)

RVP arrived for a medical about 20 mins ago you would think the ritchest club in the world also the biggest signing of the year they would have a private plane on standby for him gotta love united for that also they are saying he could play on monday ?

Dev is this your alter screen name? lol what colour socks was he wearing? wink.png

I believe he's one of yours James! laugh.pngclap2.gif