Manchester United

redrus

I would have thought the minimum requirement was top four.

Mjj, why do you say you think they will make it? And at the expense of whom...and why?

I would put City and Chelsea as most likely for top 4 just because of the squad depth - still no guarantee though. Liverpool and Arsenal are playing very well and should make it, but United have more experience and therefore nerve at the pressure end of the season. Suarez is scoring for fun, but should he have a dip in form they will have problems and Arsenal have folded quite a few times when push came to shove.

No denying though, this will be a major test of Uniteds resolve.

And it will be very funny if they don't make it. :-)

So your saying Liverpool are a one man team ? giggle.gif

lost 1 drew 2 and won 7 while suspended coffee1.gif

Might as well sell him in Jan then BB biggrin.png

• Like 1

Christ you were last years champions and in the first half of the season you have been beaten by 4 average teams at home and are 11 points of the pace. For a good 20 years teams went to OT for a point if they could, this season it took just 2 months for them to decide to come for the win. This isn't going to be that easy to turn around.

Yet none of you seem bothered at all by any of this, apparently it is all to be expected and everything is fine.

It,s the ABU,s that are showing most concern at United,s current plight,the real United fans are accepting this transitional period-anyone following SAF,s tenure is going to need time-the step-up from any other premiership club to United is huge,I am just so happy that our manager is British as is our coaching staff and they are well aware of the history and tradition of this great club,not some foreigner who is only concerned about how big his renumeration is wink.png I will judge David Moyes at the end of the 2014/2015 season wai2.gif

he who laughs last laughs the longest clap2.gif

Apparently we've always been in denial, this is nothing new. I will enjoy seeing you lot revel in your reverie though, good times for you guys, we get our club back, in time.

Its nice being the underdog, for once.

redrus

Christ you were last years champions and in the first half of the season you have been beaten by 4 average teams at home and are 11 points of the pace. For a good 20 years teams went to OT for a point if they could, this season it took just 2 months for them to decide to come for the win. This isn't going to be that easy to turn around.

Yet none of you seem bothered at all by any of this, apparently it is all to be expected and everything is fine.

It,s the ABU,s that are showing most concern at United,s current plight,the real United fans are accepting this transitional period-anyone following SAF,s tenure is going to need time-the step-up from any other premiership club to United is huge,I am just so happy that our manager is British as is our coaching staff and they are well aware of the history and tradition of this great club,not some foreigner who is only concerned about how big his renumeration is wink.png I will judge David Moyes at the end of the 2014/2015 season wai2.gif

Please stop using this self indulgent, self serving, frankly embarrassing acronym, an ABU my arse! That cringeworthy acronym, created by bacon face to install the "no one likes us were on our own" siege mentality. You lot seem a little too thick and full of you're own perceived self importance.

You're not that important, never going to up with the likes of Real and Barca and probably not Bayern either.

Do yourselves a favor and stop using it because it makes you sound a little silly really......and i'm sure you're not!!

I think that is a fair assumption.

I think United fans are really in denial, and I dont mean that in a bad way. They are just used to Ferguson and what he did, that they just assume things will be turned around, when in fact neither the manager nor the players are good enough.

I watched the after match interviews after the Spurs game.

Sherwood, who talks a lot of sense, came on and said, quote "We felt United were there for the taking". I dont believe ANY manager in the past 25 yrs would have said that about ANY United team at OT.

Moyes was then interviewed. He was asked questions that the interviewer would never have dared ask Ferguson (regarding diving by Welbeck and Janojicz). He realy did come across as being naive and out of his comfort zone ( Moyes that is!)

Fact is nobody fears United anymore,

I don't think we are in denial Jack. I think actually we are quite realistic about things.

But the thing you have to appreciate is that we have been hearing predictions of our demise for many many years now. These cries didn't just begin when Fergie left, they have been ongoing. Just look at the popular United in demise thread on here, started many years ago, for proof of that. "United aren't the team they once were", "we don't fear United anymore", "the glory days are over for you".

We've heard it all before hundreds of times, and we'll hear it all again no doubt, every moment we have some bad results, every time we don't win the title. It's a recurring cycle, and why should we pay much attention to it? If we had done so in the past, Fergie would have been sacked at least half a dozen times just in the last ten years.

As i keep saying, even Fergie himself would have struggled the first year after taking over from Fergie. Even Fergie would have taken at least a season or two rebuilding from all the change that the club has undergone in the last twelve months. Moyes needs time, and United supporters will give him that.

Opposition supporters, whatever they may say to the contrary, don't want us to give him it. Why? I think for them their biggest fear all along was that Fergie would leave, and the man who came in to replace him, would continue bringing success to the club. That was the unthinkable nightmare.

Fergie leaving was the moment they had all been anxiously waiting for. It was and is their biggest opportunity to truly knock United off their perch once and for all. If it doesn't happen now, when will it happen for goodness sake? For them, the demise has to happen now, and the first real proof of that having happened, won't be a few bad results, and nor will it be us failing to win the Premiership this season, it will be the man who replaced Fergie, the man who was personally chosen by Fergie, failing, not being given time by us, and being given the sack. That will be the first real milestone in United's domination coming to an end; the moment that United adopt the same short-term thinking, instant success, revolving door manager post philosophy held by their own clubs.

They want us to be like them because they know from their own experience that that philosophy only ever brings momentary success, not the sustained success United have enjoyed for the last 20 years.

I think the4 difference is mate, most of the talk about your demise in years gone by, was tongue in cheek.

If U nited drew or lost 3 games on the bounce, then they were sure to get relegated. Beckham sold.... team gone to rat sh!t. Ronaldo sold... United done. Etc etc, etc.

But now I think it is very real. I would come and take the p!ss out of you boys in years gone by, knowing that in all reality you would probably still win more trophies than City in each season.

Now I genuinely do not view United as a threat...... and I do not gloat and take cheap shots.

I feel that Moyes is lost and is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I think you guys are going to go through the next 5-10 yrs, feeling what its like to be an 'also ran'

Apparently we've always been in denial, this is nothing new. I will enjoy seeing you lot revel in your reverie though, good times for you guys, we get our club back, in time.

redrus

So Nev saying you're going to win the league and MrEd saying you have a good chance of winning it isn't in denial?

Seems to me Rix is the only one who seems to be aware of the real situation.

Not sure how you are quantifying being an underdog? Underdog as compared to who/what?

,I am just so happy that our manager is British as is our coaching staff and they are well aware of the history and tradition of this great club,not some foreigner who is only concerned about how big his renumeration is wink.png

So you are putting yourselves to the same standards as Hull and West Hamcheesy.gif

Incidentally, Moyes is getting paid a lot more than Pelegrinni, and 17 other managers in the Premier league!!

• Like 1

,I am just so happy that our manager is British as is our coaching staff and they are well aware of the history and tradition of this great club,not some foreigner who is only concerned about how big his renumeration is wink.png

So you are putting yourselves to the same standards as Hull and West Ham:cheesy:

Incidentally, Moyes is getting paid a lot more than Pelegrinni, and 17 other managers in the Premier league!!

It's denial again jack. For info, this is the highest prem salaries

Manager Team Yearly Salary

Jose Mourinho Chelsea FC £8.37m

Arsene Wenger Arsenal £6.89m

David Moyes Man United £4.92m

Manuel Pellegrini Man City £3.47m

Brendan Rodgers Liverpool £3.25m

Sam Allardyce West Ham £2.95m

Will any of you United boys give a minimum expectation this year?

And next?

I asked a simple enough question and they won't respond. At least last year we said what Mancini needed to do to keep his job. Progress in the Champs League AND finish top 4 was minimum. Not progressing in the champs league meant he had to win a cup, he didn't, so off he went.

I'm also fed up of em spouting about "transition" when they have basically the same team as last year when they won the league easily. However, several clubs (City included) have gone through far more transition this summer, including new managers and players and don't use the same excuse.

C'mon, United fans. Give us an answer. What do you think is Moyes minimum requirements this year? Top 4? Top 6? Top 6 and a Cup?

Its not just about football anymore.

Man United are a PLC.

Since your defeat at home by Newcastle, the share price has stumbled around 12.5%.

You think your chairman and directors are going to risk losing their investors and own money because of the incompetency of one man??

Moyes wont be there at the beginning of next season.

Edited by JacknDanny

The Glazers need their pound of interest-serving flesh. What is it so far, £680m out of the club? Imagine what that could have bought. And all over a load of horse jizz.

Happy new year all by the way, been offline and waylaid by good British beer.

• Like 2

Last season you would have laughed at any other supporters saying this. Now it's your turn " traditional period", "time to step up", "history and tradition", and that classic "end of the season". As Dylan said "The times they are a changing"biggrin.png

• Like 1

Is this true or not? If utd don't get in the top 4 this season moyes will have less stars next year therfor they will struggle more because the team will not be able to perform without guidence. Another year with no champions league football etc etc. I think utd have to make top 4 this year or moyes will find it harder next year, and it will either be Europe or moyes that has to suffer.

Is this true or not? If utd don't get in the top 4 this season moyes will have less stars next year therfor they will struggle more because the team will not be able to perform without guidence. Another year with no champions league football etc etc. I think utd have to make top 4 this year or moyes will find it harder next year, and it will either be Europe or moyes that has to suffer.

I disagree, mate.

Moyes wont find it harder next year................................. He will be back managing Prestoncheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

redrus

clutching at straws I see.. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And next?

I asked a simple enough question and they won't respond. At least last year we said what Mancini needed to do to keep his job. Progress in the Champs League AND finish top 4 was minimum. Not progressing in the champs league meant he had to win a cup, he didn't, so off he went.

I'm also fed up of em spouting about "transition" when they have basically the same team as last year when they won the league easily. However, several clubs (City included) have gone through far more transition this summer, including new managers and players and don't use the same excuse.

C'mon, United fans. Give us an answer. What do you think is Moyes minimum requirements this year? Top 4? Top 6? Top 6 and a Cup?

Well MrB, as a highly respected poster on this thread biggrin.png maybe i could throw in my two setang....especially in the conspicuous absence of Mr Ed, Nev, Sumrit et al Its top four. Has to be hasn't it. However, i think he would keep his job if they finished fifth but at least in touch with the top four.. This won't happen though. Its 6/7th at best and a mutual parting in the summer.

This would be highly irritating because there are some very decent managers out there that United could snap up and they'd be a different proposition in a relatively short time.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

And next?

Well MrB, as a highly respected poster on this thread maybe i could throw in my two setang....especially in the conspicuous absence of Mr Ed, Nev, Sumrit et al Its top four. Has to be hasn't it. However, i think he would keep his job if they finished fifth but at least in touch with the top four.. This won't happen though. Its 6/7th at best and a mutual parting in the summer.

This would be highly irritating because there are some very decent managers out there that United could snap up and they'd be a different proposition in a relatively short time.

Their value will plummet though.....and Glazer is a very greedy chairman. No big midfield buy this summer either!

At least they will still have Rooney.....and the new wonderkid......for a while....

And next?

Well MrB, as a highly respected poster on this thread maybe i could throw in my two setang....especially in the conspicuous absence of Mr Ed, Nev, Sumrit et al Its top four. Has to be hasn't it. However, i think he would keep his job if they finished fifth but at least in touch with the top four.. This won't happen though. Its 6/7th at best and a mutual parting in the summer.

Their value will plummet though.....and Glazer is a very greedy chairman. No big midfield buy this summer either!

At least they will still have Rooney.....and the new wonderkid......for a while....

Wonderkid!!? If you are referring to young Adnan, I'd say a description of "developing" and "good potential" might be more appropriate mate! Loves a dive too!!

• Like 1

Its top four. Has to be hasn't it. However, i think he would keep his job if they finished fifth but at least in touch with the top four.. This won't happen though. Its 6/7th at best and a mutual parting in the summer.

I think with your own recent experience carmine, you'll agree that what we as supporters think our clubs should do, and what they do do, can be two entirely different things, when it comes to matters such as hiring and firing of manager. I could say that Moyes will be at United next season no matter what, and my club could sack him for not winning the title. Who knows? I doubt it though. Fergie carries a lot of clout at the club as we all know, and sacking Moyes so early would be a slap in the face to him, especially considering his farewell speech in which he pleaded for patience.

Anyway, much easier to talk about not what our club will do, but what we would like them to do. On that score, I want Moyes to be given a minimum off three years, with no fixed criteria of achievement. I know all opposition supporters will find that idea crazy, laugh at it, and will insist that managers can't be given that amount of time and freedom, but it seems to me that they of all people, should know that constantly hiring and firing the moment the club fails to finish higher than "x" position, isn't the recipe for consistent success they seem to think it is.

• Like 1