Manchester United

redrus

yes they have nailed it haven't they.

Loved the bit about last seasons CL finalists Dortmund having a wage bill lower that QPR. No wonder he's the bookies favorite to replace Moyes.

I wonder what Jurgen Klopp thinks of Rooney's new contract!!

Tough but not notoriously dirty player. Will come good with United if given a chance.

i think he's an awful player. needs three touches where good players take one, has no technique, no pace, no discernible strong points other than being tall and a bit physical. at everton he reminded me of how they used to use duncan ferguson.

• Like 2

Tough but not notoriously dirty player. Will come good with United if given a chance.

i think he's an awful player. needs three touches where good players take one, has no technique, no pace, no discernible strong points other than being tall and a bit physical. at everton he reminded me of how they used to use duncan ferguson.

Exactly. Duncan Ferguson, with an awful syrup

I've never been a great fan either, and wasn't keen on him coming to United, more because of his history of dirty stuff that makes him red card prone than anything else, but with regards his touch and technique, i think actually when he's in form and playing with confidence, his touch and technique is surprisingly good. The couple of games before last, in which he has had half decent games for us, he started to show it with some clever flicks and some twists and turns. He reminds me of Crouch in some ways. He's another player that because of his rather comical and ungainly looks, you just can't imagine doing anything graceful or deft. But he can, well at least he can when he's playing well. Same goes for Fellaini.

Shouldn't also be forgotten with regards Fellaini his prominent place in his national team. Not as if they are short of midfield talent over there, but he has had no trouble getting starts and playing an important role.

All of that endorsement and defense aside, no questioning he has been a bad buy for us and to my mind, the worst decision Moyes has made so far. Wish we could go back in time and get our 20 whatever million it was back.

I've never been a great fan either, and wasn't keen on him coming to United, more because of his history of dirty stuff that makes him red card prone than anything else, but with regards his touch and technique, i think actually when he's in form and playing with confidence, his touch and technique is surprisingly good. The couple of games before last, in which he has had half decent games for us, he started to show it with some clever flicks and some twists and turns. He reminds me of Crouch in some ways. He's another player that because of his rather comical and ungainly looks, you just can't imagine doing anything graceful or deft. But he can, well at least he can when he's playing well. Same goes for Fellaini.

Shouldn't also be forgotten with regards Fellaini his prominent place in his national team. Not as if they are short of midfield talent over there, but he has had no trouble getting starts and playing an important role.

All of that endorsement and defense aside, no questioning he has been a bad buy for us and to my mind, the worst decision Moyes has made so far. Wish we could go back in time and get our 20 whatever million it was back.

he was the definition of a panic buy mate. united couldn't land any of their supposed top targets, moyes defaulted to what he knew and someone he knew you could definitely sign.

i haven't seen him play much for belgium so don't know how or where they use him really.

he was the definition of a panic buy mate. united couldn't land any of their supposed top targets, moyes defaulted to what he knew and someone he knew you could definitely sign.

i haven't seen him play much for belgium so don't know how or where they use him really.

Yeah agree about the panic buy thing.

Regards him playing for Belgium, haven't watched much of them either, but have it on good authority that he's been an important part of the team and he's never struggled to hold his place. That has to say something.

Leaving aside his crap form at United, I do think so much of the perceptions about him are to do with the ridiculous barnet. I would have stipulated it being shaved off as part of his terms of moving, had I been the idiot signing him.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i'd do the same. but then i'd be a totalitarian dictator of a manager and all of my players would have shaved heads whether they liked it or not. they'd also only be allowed to wear numbers 1 to 11 and all boots would be uniformly black.

Here here.

Although even shaved bald, wouldn't mind betting some of those Latin American players would still insist on taking to the field with hair bands in place.

Ban them, along with gloves, mittens, scarves, long johns, thermal under shirts and all that stuff to keep them warm. If they feel it's too cold to play, tell them they need a note from their mum.

One accessory I am pleased to see disappear from the players in the last year or two, are those stupid nose plasters and all that snot-like looking stuff they used to smear on the front of their shirts.

• Like 2

i'd do the same. but then i'd be a totalitarian dictator of a manager and all of my players would have shaved heads whether they liked it or not. they'd also only be allowed to wear numbers 1 to 11 and all boots would be uniformly black.

Here here.

Although even shaved bald, wouldn't mind betting some of those Latin American players would still insist on taking to the field with hair bands in place.

Ban them, along with gloves, mittens, scarves, long johns, thermal under shirts and all that stuff to keep them warm. If they feel it's too cold to play, tell them they need a note from their mum.

One accessory I am pleased to see disappear from the players in the last year or two, are those stupid nose plasters and all that snot-like looking stuff they used to smear on the front of their shirts.

i remember john barnes turning out for liverpool once with one of them linford christie full length lycra bodystockings beneath his kit. complete with head-encasing lycra balaclava bit. he looked utterly ridiculous.

that was just vic's vaporub they used to smear on the front of the shirt, opens up the passages and gets your chest going. did it myself when i played, sometimes deepheat instead. though in my case it was usually to get me through my hangover.

agree about them daft nose plasters as well.

• Like 1

Fellaini doesn't break cover at all in the league table of red cards in the Prem.

8 - Ferguson (yep you guys are right there); Viera (got dirty when he joined Citehtongue.png ); Dunne

7 - Catermole; Keane; [others I have not listed]

6 - Butt; Vinnie Jones; Vidic; Andy Cole; Keown; [others]

5 - Gerrard; Joey Barton; [others]

4 - Koscielney; Tim Sherwood; Christiano Ronaldo; [others]

sub-4 - presumably by default, Fellaini

http://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeRedCards?comp_code=EPL

Mind you this source may not be wholly reliable. Wiki lists Paul Scholes as being the Man U player with the most red cards. I'm surprised our great Tony Adams doesn't show 4+ either!

Edited by SantiSuk

andy cole got 6? that's surprising.

none of them get near sergio ramos anyway.

Don't ever remember him getting sent off at United....:-/

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

andy cole got 6? that's surprising.

none of them get near sergio ramos anyway.

Is that the "so unlucky, it was never a red card" Sergio Ramos by any chance?

Pepe and Ramos....real Mourinho players those two.

• Like 1

What no matching leggings and gloves for the little luvs?

What no matching leggings and gloves for the little luvs?

they're allowed one tube of deepheat between the eleven of them. if they're still cold after that they're not working hard enough.

To me crafty describes craft, which is a skill. I saw little skill in fellani's assault; only malice.

Definition of "crafty" is achieving one's aims by indirect or deceitful methods. Fellaini deceived the ref.
crafty (adj.) dictionary.gif c.1200, crafti, from Old English cræftig "strong, powerful," later "skillful, ingenious," degenerating by c.1200 to "cunning, sly" (but through 15c. also "skillfully done or made; intelligent, learned; artful, scientific") from craft (n.) + -y (2). Related: Craftily; craftiness. Good to see your language skills have degenerated. A little like your football...sorry I just couldn't resist
Yes, as with lots of English words, there are a number of different ways of interpreting its meaning. The meaning that i was intending, that should have been fairly obvious to someone able to take in the context in which a word is written, was not that i thought it was skillful or clever, but that i thought it was deceitful and dishonest. Can't quite believe how tedious and pedantic things can get around here. This all started with P45 seemingly misreading, misunderstanding, misquoting me as trying to play down Fellaini's elbow as only slight, when that was neither what i said or what i meant. I explain it to him and then, rather than simply accept some wires have been crossed and that we are on the same page on this, and perhaps apologise for the misunderstanding, he then decides he'll contest my use of the words surreptitious and crafty, and we'll have an argument about that, now ably assisted by yourself, trying to prove that crafty now no longer can be used to mean deceitful or dishonest. For crying out loud. This is painful.

Sorry Rix, I am not trying to assist anybody, and I appologise for being pedantic, I was simply bored.

I also didn't think fellani was deceiving anybody, he was purely malicious, and I still think the same.

From now on I will only discuss etymology if I believe it to be truly relevant (though I will still do the research). The trouble is I recently discovered an etymology website when researching the origins of "soccer" after an argument with a few American colleagues.

Don't worry mate, I'm not ganging up with anybody against anybody, I like to do my own thing, and can accept when it was a bit boring and pointless.

By the way fellani has always liked to use his elbow, and always will. He should also play further forward as I think he is better playing there.

Edited by nellyp

To me crafty describes craft, which is a skill. I saw little skill in fellani's assault; only malice.
Definition of "crafty" is achieving one's aims by indirect or deceitful methods. Fellaini deceived the ref.

crafty (adj.) dictionary.gif c.1200, crafti, from Old English cræftig "strong, powerful," later "skillful, ingenious," degenerating by c.1200 to "cunning, sly" (but through 15c. also "skillfully done or made; intelligent, learned; artful, scientific") from craft (n.) + -y (2). Related: Craftily; craftiness. Good to see your language skills have degenerated. A little like your football...sorry I just couldn't resist

Yes, as with lots of English words, there are a number of different ways of interpreting its meaning. The meaning that i was intending, that should have been fairly obvious to someone able to take in the context in which a word is written, was not that i thought it was skillful or clever, but that i thought it was deceitful and dishonest. Can't quite believe how tedious and pedantic things can get around here. This all started with P45 seemingly misreading, misunderstanding, misquoting me as trying to play down Fellaini's elbow as only slight, when that was neither what i said or what i meant. I explain it to him and then, rather than simply accept some wires have been crossed and that we are on the same page on this, and perhaps apologise for the misunderstanding, he then decides he'll contest my use of the words surreptitious and crafty, and we'll have an argument about that, now ably assisted by yourself, trying to prove that crafty now no longer can be used to mean deceitful or dishonest. For crying out loud. This is painful.

OK Rix, I am not trying to assist anybody, and I appologise for being pedantic, I was simply bored.

I also and didn't think fellani was deceiving anybody, he was purely malicious, and I still think so.

From now on I will only discuss etymology if I believe it to be truly relevant (though I will still do the research). The trouble is I recently discovered an etymology website when researching the origins of "soccer" after an arguement with a few American colleagues.

Don't worry mate, I'm not ganging up with anybody against anybody, I like to do my own thing, and can accept when it was a bit boring and pointless.

By the way fellani has always liked to use his elbow, and always will

Fair enough and thanks for the apology.

But with regards your assertion that Fellaini didn't deceive anyone, he got a yellow card when arguably it should have been red. On those grounds, I would say at least one person was deceived, would you not?

And yes, he does have history. Not just with the elbows, but with general underhand tactics. It's why I didn't want him at United, although to be fair, the issues with him until now haven't really been to do with that, but rather his all-round crap play.

Sorry i cannot agree that it was deception, As he didn't try to deceive anybody. The ref, rather than being deceived, simply got it wrong.

I suggest we agree to disagree as there are lot better things to talk about.

yes they have nailed it haven't they.

Loved the bit about last seasons CL finalists Dortmund having a wage bill lower that QPR. No wonder he's the bookies favorite to replace Moyes.

I wonder what Jurgen Klopp thinks of Rooney's new contract!!

klopp.gif

• Like 1

Sorry i cannot agree that it was deception, As he didn't try to deceive anybody. The ref, rather than being deceived, simply got it wrong.

I suggest we agree to disagree as there are lot better things to talk about.

To me it was deception not only for the way the ref was deceived, but for the way he didn't thrust his elbow, just put his elbow out into a position in which he knew it would make contact.

But deception or otherwise, the main point was that I was not at any point playing down the action, as my words have since been misquoted or twisted into meaning.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I really think its gone to far now. We all know that we will be exiting the CL and to do that to Bayern will be no disgrace. It will be interesting to see what the results are like for the remainder of the season.

Will Moyes keep breaking records?

Utd guaranteed to finish the season with their lowest ever Premier League points tally

United's worst home league form for over a decade

Suffered three defeats in a row for the first time since 2001 this season

Eliminated in the FA Cup third round - something which happened just once under Ferguson

First ever home defeat to Swansea this term

First home defeat to Newcastle since 1972

First home defeat to West Brom since 1978

First league defeat to Stoke since 1984

First time Man City & Liverpool have beaten United home & away since Premier League's inception

First time United have conceded a first minute goal in the Premier League

Damn - hope United hang onto Moyes and don't get Klopp. Always wanted him for Arsenal.

I once got treated by my sister's private doctor in Germany. It was a simple foot infection, nice guy (obviously rich as f**ck from ripping off the good burghers on the Rhine) and we talked a lot about football. But, he managed to make it into a 1,000 euro plus bill, which he sent far too late for me to claim on insurance.

He's a Director at Dortmund. I never paid - I was outraged - got lots of letters. Was planning to send him a couple of hundred quid and a letter saying fair exchange for the services and thanks for Klopp if he did come to Arsenaltongue.png

We always break records, glad to see the tradition is continuing.

#moyesin

#recordbreakers

#champions

#20times

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm gonna go out on one here but, I am positive, things like "The Chosen One" banner, are one reason why many ABU's can't stand us (United fans), it was incredibly presumptuous, pompous and down right arrogant to be honest. A banner like that should have gone up after the first year of doing well, or even a few years down the line......, not straight away.

It reeks, and should be taken down whether he stays, or not..!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/poll-should-chosen-one-banner-6884740?

redrus

Man Utd reported to be chasing after Tottenham managerial target

footylatest.com

62-year old Dutch national team coach Louis Van Gaal is being thought of as the one to replace the “Chosen One” David Moyes at Old Trafford, should the Scot be sacked at the end of the season.Despite rumours in the Manchester United camp suggesting that the Red Devils’ boardroom is willing to give Moyes more time to achieve the desired results, Manchester United’s free fall from being Champions to Europa League hopefuls may present some serious management issues that need addressing.

Louis Van Gaal, who has had enormous experience and big success in all the major leagues in the world with the exception of England, could be one to change Man United’s fortunes around but he may not be in the game for too long before he calls it quits on his managerial career.

Ajax youth coach Ronald De Boer though believes that his former boss has all the prerequisites to succeed in the Premier League. Speaking about Van Gaal’s ability and talent as a coach, the Dutchman was quoted in the Metro as saying, “He is one of the best coaches in the world and can really prepare a team. He can find weakness in any opponent and present them with solid opposition as he analyses the game really well. He has so much quality he would be successful in England, especially if he is given time to set out his team.”

redrus

Edited by redrus

I'm gonna go out on one here but, I am positive, things like "The Chosen One" banner, are one reason why many ABU's can't stand us (United fans), it was incredibly presumptuous, pompous and down right arrogant to be honest. A banner like that should have gone up after the first year of doing well, or even a few years down the line......, not straight away.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/poll-should-chosen-one-banner-6884740?

redrus

Fixed it for you......smile.png

BjuQWyrCAAEGVRl.jpg

• Like 1

redrus

Fixed it for you......smile.png

BjuQWyrCAAEGVRl.jpg

Brilliant, thanks pal... ;)

redrus

P's I'm stealing that.

• Like 2