Manchester United

redrus

Through United's combined kit deals/ sponsorship they will make as much Spurs total turnover last year. It is stupid money really and if it doesn't translate to investment in the team then something really is f****d up.

Quote from a pal, pretty much sums up my feelings.

redrus

Through United's combined kit deals/ sponsorship they will make as much Spurs total turnover last year. It is stupid money really and if it doesn't translate to investment in the team then something really is f****d up.

Quote from a pal, pretty much sums up my feelings.

redrus

Fair point rus.

Will Adidas money be available for Mr van Gaal?

Definitely going to help FFP compliance either way.

Win-win, not a problem?

'Robust'

Sean Hamil, director of the Sport Business Centre at London's Birkbeck College, said that the Glazers had put in place "an exceptional marketing and sponsorship team", although they had taken flak for the way they had put debt onto the club's books and for increasing season ticket prices.

He said: "They have been able to secure this landmark deal in the sector, against the background of no Champions League football next season. This is clearly a major vote of confidence in the Manchester United brand.

"Also, it shows that leading English clubs are sufficiently robust in terms of global appeal that sponsors are making value decisions based on the long term and not just around one season."

So where's the bad news?

Adidas money go in Glazer pocket?

Past form shows yes, it will but, let's see how this window progresses, all signs are positive at present. It could never carry on as before, speculate to accumulate.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

speculate to accumulate.

We get accused of trying to buy the league when we do that smile.png

Difference being, our money comes from our name mate.

redrus

speculate to accumulate.

redrus

Yep. From your past glories but don't worry buddy, we are speculating to accumulate current glories biggrin.png

• Like 1

speculate to accumulate.

redrus

Yep. From your past glories but don't worry buddy, we are speculating to accumulate current glories biggrin.png

Past glories, and tragedies, if you wanna get pedantic mate. ;)

redrus

• Like 1

speculate to accumulate.

redrus

I think you will find the money is coming from another name... Adidas. It's called sponsorship. It looks like you were dumped by the number 1 brand, and adidas were there to gamble on VG

speculate to accumulate.

redrus

I think you will find the money is coming from another name... Adidas. It's called sponsorship. It looks like you were dumped by the number 1 brand, and adidas were there to gamble on VG

I don't want to get picky and argumentative NellyP, but I see it different.

Adidas know they are backing a winner.

Not just Louis van Gaal.

Enjoy UNITED success. Gotta beat 'em on the park to establish any credentials for your team.

thumbsup.gif

speculate to accumulate.

redrus

If thats the case then, clever clogs, why are said sponsors (Nike/adidas) not paying everyone as much money.?

Why have United always led the way when it comes these amounts..? If not for OUR name.

Plus the fact that Van Gaal has a Three year contract, adidas, have signed a Ten......... If they were taking a gamble ion Van Gaal, surely they would only have signed for Three too.....? Or you gonna enlighten me with something real....?

redrus

• Like 2

^

Absolutely and totally correct from redrus if I may be so bold.

Adidas will use UNITED to leverage themselves against Nike.

( Adidas pay Chelsea less than half what they are paying UNITED. For the next TEN years. They ain't stupid.)

• Like 1

Just listening to a reporter on telly who has done the math on the Adidas deal. He reckons looking at normal shirt sales, for Adidas to get a return on investment the price of the shirts will have to increase to 90-100 quid. w00t.gif I think Barca currently charge 90 euro's and are the most expensive.

Just listening to a reporter on telly who has done the math on the Adidas deal. He reckons looking at normal shirt sales, for Adidas to get a return on investment the price of the shirts will have to increase to 90-100 quid. w00t.gif I think Barca currently charge 90 euro's and are the most expensive.

How much are they now?

Likewise mrbj, I don't want to get argumentative and picky.

Adidas return on investment will mostly come from volume, not by increasing prices.

Bigger market, more shirts. Not same market, higher price.

Otherwise Nike would do it. Same boat.

How much are they now?

Just looked on their website and the 2014/15 short sleeved shirt is 55 quid

Likewise mrbj, I don't want to get argumentative and picky.

Adidas return on investment will mostly come from volume, not by increasing prices.

Bigger market, more shirts. Not same market, higher price.

Otherwise Nike would do it. Same boat.

Not an argument but I disagree P45. That's why Nike pulled out, they couldn't make commercial sense of it. If as you say they will have to increase volume then Adidas will have to almost double shirt sales to get a return. This is obviously better for the fan but if volume doesn't increase drastically then all that remains is hiking up the prices to fans.

Time will tell on who got their figures right. Either Nike or Adidas.